Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

Shiseido

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

I can't really say whether the Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam deserves a five star rating since I've only had this product for a couple of weeks. I wanted a cheaper alternative to my Clarins gentle foaming cleanser and this effectively cleans my skin, though it strips it of its moisture occasionally. I find that using the DHC cleansing oil before and following up with the perfect whip leaves my skin slightly more moisturized ( I use only half a pea sized amount of the Shiseido cleanser in the evening). The cleanser foams up nicely, and I would definitely re-purhase it based on its effectiveness and price. I do have to moisturize quite a bit after though. This product also does not aggravate my sensitive skin. Well, to be fair, my skin isn't too sensitive. :D
I change my mind, this product in my opinion definitely deserves an overall rating of five xD I'm so glad I found it.

on 1/7/2011 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this mainly to use with my clarisonic mia, but I'm so glad to have tried it out as I really like using this even on its own.

I've been changing cleansers quite often since I haven't found one I liked enough, some are too drying yet some I find don't foam as much as I like.

With the perfect whip foam I like how its really true 'a little goes a long way'. There isn't much of a smell to it which i also like. After washing my face I do feel like my face is clean and that my face only feels slightly tight, not as much as a lot of other cleansers I've used (like the pureness deep cleansing foam from shiseido). I also didn't feel like it was stripping my skin of moisture, but its still cleaning it quite nicely.

The price was a big plus too as its quite cheap, I got it for 48HKD (around 6-7USD) at colourmix so it was pretty easy to get as well. My sis tried it and liked it too so will definately repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a few bottles already. This perfect whip is perfect for me. It cleans my face gently and clearly without making it too dry or leave the oil on my skin. It's just perfect. And the price is dirt cheap!! I love the nice gentle smell too. It's not too strong for me who is allergic to perfume. I feel happy everytime I use this cleanser. There are quite a few products out there that deliver the same result but this product is the cheapest. So why pay more? I will repurchase this again and again. Highly Recommended!

on 12/23/2010 3:38:00 PM

This did leave an unwanted "tight/drying" feeling on my skin, but it's something that I deal with, especially with dehydrated skin. However, I use this as a good MU cleanser, and a face wash. Other then that tight feeling, I think this is a very good product. Especially since it lasted me well over a year. (or two). I bought this from Japan, and sometimes it's available in our Asian supermarkets. However, haven't been able to find it lately, so.. will be on the lookout.

on 5/20/2010 2:04:00 AM

like all other shiseido foam cleansers, it lathers really well and cleases perfectly!! almost same as pureness foam cleanser, but cheaper version of it. i don't care much about the scent, (departmentstore lines are much better) but i think it's about the same quality. i hope i could buy from drugstore like in japan (less than $4).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love the creaminess and foaminess of this cleanser but it leaves my normal/combo skin feeling rather dry after washing, which is never a good sign! However, it does remove all the grime and makeup really easily from my face. I wouldn't repurchase.

Perfect Whip does a fantastic job, cleanses very well and does not leave that squeaky clean feel. I have combination type skin and this does not dry my face out, it leaves my face feeling soft and refreshed after. Just a pea size is enough for the whole face, take your time to lather it up. I use this cleanser twice a day and one tube lasted about six months. A tip: unscrew the cap when you think you are finishing it, lots of product stuck there!

on 3/14/2010 11:50:00 AM

This is the cleansing product that saved me a heap of money!
I use litterary half a pea size so it has lasted me one and a half year.

Remember,this is for women(and men)with *oily* skin.
I do NOT recommend this if you have problems with dry skin,and using this on normal skin might be "living on the edge";)

on 2/4/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bobbi Brown toner broke me out, Clinique soap dried my skin out... this,,

LOVE THIS...
so, so good.. I've tried high-end brands and they've broken me out, dried out my skin etc. etc.

THIS works fantastic, I use this twice a day (morning and night) followed by toner and moisturiser --- I swear, I love waking up to my skin every morning because of this!

Love this product! I've always wanted to try a Shiseido product but it's always too expensive, since it's a high-end product. Then one day in a store in J-Town (SF, CA), I saw a Shiseido cleanser product that only costs $12.99! :D It's the actual Japanese brand, so the ingredients were writtin in Japanese, but nonetheless I went to go give it a try!

I have oily skin, so I tested a pea-size amount and it really does go a long way! It deep cleanses my skin, and it's not overdrying at all! Even when I put toner after cleansing my face, there was not a trace of dirt on the cotton ball!

Love love love it!!! Recommend this product for people with oily to normal skin who want to give a Shiseido product a try! Very inexpensive and very pleasant! :DDDD

For dry skin, I recommend the Shiseido Perfect Oil. ^_^