Victoria's Secret Love Spell

3.4

on 4/27/2013 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I hate myself for buying this online! I only wear one perfume-chanel mademoiselle, which is my all time favorite scent. But i thought that it would be a little heavy for spring/summer. So I wanted something light and floral. I heard that Love spell is the most popular scent. Also my friend who lives abroad told me that this was the best smelling scent and guys loved it. So i was so excited and just bought it! When I got this I sprayed on my wrists and I HATED IT AT THE FIRST SMELL. It smells horrible, like a cheap soap or something. It is too strong and overpowering it is heavier than my Coco Mademoiselle! That day I was going to study but i couldn't because of the headache, caused from Love spell. And my mom came to room and said: ewww what's with your room? open your windows it smells like someone died. LOL. I would name it HATE SPELL. I regret so much that I wasted my money on this. Maybe I am too old for this scent. In future will never ever buy something from VS.

on 3/26/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really really love this scent! I got it because I smelled it on a friend, and lo and behold, it turns out she got it because she thought it smelled good on a different friend of hers!

Anyways, although I have been rather obsessive over B&BW scents, I finally tore myself away from the store to explore VS scents because of this scent. I admit that this scent is fruity, cute, and a little sweet with a slight tang, making it a scent for younger girls.
I am in college, and although it does not seem out of place, I am not sure I will wear this past my 30s.

It is a young scent. A scent that just smells GOOD.

If you are looking for sophistication or something deep in a fragrance, this is not the one for you. It is just a simple, "smell great" scent. It is hard to go wrong with it. Though, I find it to be more popular among girls than guys.

I really love it though. I use both the body butter and the EDT. Although the EDT is easy to carry around, I am a little disappointed as to how weak the staying power for it is. The container for the EDT is cheap looking as well.
The packaging for the body butter is nice.

4/5 I love the smell. would definitely buy it again. I am struggling between making this my every day scent as opposed to another one of my favorites.
Use it and enjoy it when young!

would recommend.
Label: Love Spell - Cherry Blossom & Peach

on 3/22/2013 10:06:00 AM

I enjoyed this scent back in high school, but I think beyond that age group the perfume is just too fruity. I remember the scent lasting a while. That fruity odor will follow you everywhere as an adult, so beware. I liked that Victoria Secret made a small glass bottle that you could throw in a purse. That was much more convenient than their large plastic spray bottles. Overall, this is an okay scent, but I would not buy this again for myself.

The initial aroma is not corrupt, but it survives for literally 2 seconds before vanishing completely, so what you are fundamentally doing is injuring your coating with this intoxicating grounded scent which doesnt even last long enough to be appreciated. I will not applaud anyone to buy this hideous product. The product is steep and should not cost more than 50cents!! PS: you will not turn in to a sensual VS model buy spraying this on yourself.

Would you buy this product again?

EDIT: Would you buy this product again? :: HEEELL NO !

on 3/10/2013 11:54:00 AM

Okay, word of advice, don't ever buy VS perfumes!
After you've worn it for a day, you get to really dislike it because sadly, they must be using extremely cheap ingredients for this thing.. It has a great smell for about two minutes, then a very soap-ish undertone comes through and spoils the whole thing! Too bad! Perhaps it will work okay as a room spray?

on 3/20/2013 10:27:00 AM

This fragrance smells really good: I can feel some citrus, sweet peach, but I cannot feel cherry blossom which it promises to smell like. It reminds me of some kind of soda/fizzy drink or candy. The staying power is really good, I can feel it on myself after 15 min of spraying it. It smells really strong, but still not giving a headache. The packaging is cool and there's 250 ml of this product so you can spray it as much as you can!
I have no bad comments on this product :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

You know that scent you smell everywhere? The one where you go, "I know exactly what she's wearing?" This is it. I went to two different high schools in two different countries and the hallways all smelled like Victoria's Secret Love Spell. Must be a staple for girls aged 13-17, especially after gym class (full disclosure: Even I wore it.) Does the name have anything to do with it? Probably. Good memories though. I still have half a bottle of the body spray and half a bottle of the lotion left, but can't stand the smell now -- it's too cloyingly sweet and teenagery, like purple cotton candy mixed with fruit. However, it does smell great mixed with BBW's Rainkissed Leaves. That used to be my signature scent, but again, it's nothing more than a memory now.

on 2/27/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is one of those fragrances that should only be used by people in middle school. Its extremely fruity smelling, extremely cheap, its just extremely everything. Nothing about this fragrance is appealing. It smells like one of those fruity lotions that are for kids that you get at the dollar tree. No grown woman should wear this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used to love this fragrance, but I can't stand it anymore, which is not the product's fault. I accidentally left food in my volleyball bag one day and forgot to take it out for 3 weeks. As expected, it went bad and rotted really bad. It made my shoes, kneepads, and clothes stink! So I tried to remedy the problem with this perfume. It smells really good and I loved it, but mixed with the rotten smell and sweat just made me sick. So whenever I smell it now I get that sick feeling because of that! Still love it though :)

on 12/10/2012 1:57:00 PM

In the area of the UK I'm from, they don't have Victoria's Secret and most people haven't heard of it. However, I ordered this online by chance, hoping it would smell somewhat nice due to the good online reviews I heard about it, and I have to say, I'm so glad I did! This smells so good and unfortunately for me, my mom can't stop using mine! I've had to order another! The first day I wore it, I went into school and instantly had compliments on how nice I smelt; my friends were all asking what it was and when I said 'Victoria's Secret' they had never heard of it! Nothing smells like Love Spell over here and I can't get enough of the sweet, fruity smell. Definitely going to be buying this again!

Popular Fragrances