Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/12/2008 4:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

this is definitely not a nude for fair skinned ladies-NC20 and below. The colour can be described as tan/caramel and provides a sweet and earthy colour for your lips. The texture is a little dry and the staying power is good, although you need some gloss on top for a nice finish.
Nice addition to your stash, if you do not own anything similar, but not so unique IMO.

on 12/11/2008 4:14:00 AM

I was given this as a friend who found it wasn't the right colour for her skin, and alas it isn't the right colour for my skin either. This looks a strange pinkish grey colour on me, making me look like a corpse. The texture's a little drying and I can't comment on the staying power as I've never kept it on long enough to find out. Beware all of you with yellow undertones to your skin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I completely agree with a previous review: this is meant for warm complexions with darker skin and not for cool toned PPP's. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool and it looks muddy/orange/beige and like death on me. It also was quite drying and not smooth when trying to apply.

on 10/31/2008 10:51:00 AM

It's really lovely, cheap and lasts quite a while nor is extremely drying.
The color looks pretty neutral on me, really pretty with slight peach undertones. For the price it's a good product.

on 11/11/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this color and I looooove it. The color last a while and it's very moisturizing. Not drieing at all. Great formula and I'm pretty sure that i'm done searching for a nude lip color. It's not shimmery at all, it's very matte. Only $5 and if you can get buy one get one free that's a better deal! I got mine bogo and I got Brazilian. It's a dark brown. Also a great color. I will definately repurchase!!! UPDATE: This color is a great dupe for MAC's new lipstick Brave New Bronze!!! I don't know why I passed that color up because it's so pretty. It's sold out at my MAC store. I am sooooo happy I discovered this!!!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

On my lips quite natural and quite "angelina" nude. I'm fair with yellow undertones and my lips are more on the brown side (but just a bit). And f.e. Airy fairy looks too pink on me. Formula is a bit sheer and a bit dry (which suits me because my lips are moist).
It's a bit too shiny for my taste and it seems that color got darker after few months...

on 9/21/2008 5:36:00 AM

This looked like a nice light neutral. It went on darker than you'd think by looking at it in the tube. I still like it. It wears ok for such an inexpensive product. Since it's a longer wearing lipstick, it is a bit drying. Applying a balm first really helps.

on 10/16/2008 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I have to thank the board for pointing me in this direction. This is the first time I've tried Rimmel and probably wouldn't have it some of you ladies hadn't taken pictures and shown how pretty this color is on!

This is THE perfect nude for warm skinned ladies out there...I can see where it would turn too orangey on cool skinned women (check your veins ladies, green tint is warm, blue is cool).

As stated by others, this needs a chapstick underneath (ones with SPF are good for your lips anyhow) a lipliner (Rimmel Stay On Lip Liner Pencil in 050 Tiramisu is the perfect match), and a gloss on top. I've been using Sally Hanson LipInflation in Sheer Blush 6690-16 just because I had it, but will probably try out some of the recommendations below as well.

I've found that if you put on the chapstick, and then line and fill in the ENTIRE lip area with the lip liner, the actual lipstick stays on much longer. This is not budgeproof lipstick, but it's so pretty and natural on that I don't care about that. This shade actually lifts my complexion and makes it look a bit clearer which is hard for any makeup to do, let alone a lipstick!

I guess the right color really does make a difference--I've heard it said, but this is the first time I've actually seen it work on me. Ulta only had one left, but I'm going to look around and get a second one along with a second lip liner so I have one for my purse and one for home. At buy one get one 50% off it was a bargain ($4.99 for the lipstick and $1.60 for the lip liner, regularly $3.20). I've spent more on a single overpriced coffee and muffin!

on 10/18/2008 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick absolutely did not work for me. I'm NC25, light olive, dark hair, pigmented lips. Since I'm warm, I figured this would be a nice nude. Unfortunately on my lips it was a shimmery orange-brown brick mess. Ick. It was also a quite drying, as Rimmel lipsticks tend to be. Nudes from Rimmel that I love are Provocative Nude & Boudoir [both LE].
It's too bad, I've seen Birthday Suit look absolutely fabulous on other gals!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I needed a nice neutral lippie easy to stick in the purse and this is it! Lovely soft hint of color, moist & not waxy, & has a light flavor/fragrance/something, that reminds me a bit of MAC lipsticks.

ETA--not as happy with this after a while--it dried out quickly. :-( Changed my mind, would prolly not buy again.