Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use it on my lips. I use it on very dry hands. I use it to help cuts heal quicker. I use it to reduce the pain of hangnails. I use it to remove eye makeup sometimes. I use it on cracked heels. It really is an essential product.

on 5/8/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use it as a lip balm and waterproof makeup remover, and I LOVE it. It's the best lip balm. Like the BEST.

on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Good old Vaseline.

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so obviously I wouldn't dream of applying it apart from my eye lids or lips, cuts, etc. Personally I prefer to use oil-free creams and such because my skin can't take stuff that too heavy and rich. This stuff is a jack of all trades, you can use it on it's own or for example combine it with some sort of exfoliant to make a cheap, homade scrub for your face or lips!

*I have seen some other reviews suggesting diluting Vaseline with a bit of water for people with oily skin and I might try that though...*

on 4/5/2014 6:15:00 PM

I always apply this to my lips before I go to bed every night. It really makes my lips rosy and not so dry the next day. I don't even need to use chapsticks anymore!

I've tried regular old vaseline on my heels & lips and...ugh...the smell is AW-FULLL! But...guess what? Petroleum! It's a derivative of oil refining! We are subjected to enough toxins in our daily lives, why put more on your body on purpose? I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil instead and it's sooo much better. I love the smell (and the taste) and it works really well for so many things: makeup remover, hair mask, lotion, cooking oil, on toast instead of butter...and it's really good for you. Just say NO to petroleum products!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

RELUCTANT TO APPLY THIS my face but

I apply it to my eyes and eyelashes, it's effective. I wake up with beautiful eye skin my bags softer or gone and eyes supple.

I apply brows and a little in my hair to soften.

Also on my hands and feet at night and skin. Makes everything much softer.

I sometimes mix this with My Body firming lotion and smooth onto stretch marks it works!!! Also use to massage thighs after a hard days work.

I love vaseline, because it keeps skin from prematurely cracking and drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Old faithful. If it didn't work so well I'd probably be hating on it, given what it is- but my skin loves this stuff - it works on super dry skin or on a bad reaction from a product or peel --- I can slather this stuff on my skin and it calms down. Helps restore the barrier after using it for a few days . Never really liked this stuff when I was younger but as I've gotten older I really like it.

When I have a really bad cold and I blow my nose too much with my Kleenex, the skin on my nose, the top of my lip and lips get super dry and flaky. To the point it's painful because I've rubbed the skin raw. The only thing that helps is Vaseline petroleum jelly. Before I go to bed I apply and thick amount of this all over my raw skin, and by the next day my skin is back to normal. And after reading all these comments about using it on your eyelashes... I'm gonna have to try it for myself :)

on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Soooooo good!!! My favourite thing to use on my lips!! It's also good to use on your cheeks, nose and chin if you live in a cold climate like I do (Canadian Prairies) and are spending the day out in the cold it protects your skin against frost bite. LOVE Vaseline.

on 2/21/2014 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A cheapie but goodie. You can use this on your lips skin and more. Always have a tub with me. I put on soaking wet skin when I get out of the shower. If feels nasty a first but let a sit for a minute then put your night clothes on the next morning my skin is crazy soft.