LUSH Daddyo shampoo

LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

Note: You're only supposed to use this product about once a week to the people that are getting irritated scalps. And to the people that are getting PURPLE hair, this is a toning shampoo. You really aren't supposed to leave it in for more than one minute or two max.

I haven't tried it yet, my the bad reviews didn't really help much.

If you don't like this one and you're looking for a good toning shampoo, try one by the brand Bumble by Bumble.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a severe reaction to this meaning my scalp developped little bumps that itched like crazy and my hair started falling out. I never went to the doctor for it and by using a special breakage control shampoo and dandruff shampoo for two weeks my hair turned back to normal. I have really fine hair so this could be just me, but other then that it stinks bad too.. like it's overpowering.

However, I think this would be good for someone who has really thick curly hair and has little sensitivity if any.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I've used this about 4 times now and I love it. It cleans my hair and doesn't leave it feeling dry, and the purple tone has helped keep the warm tones out of my cool brunette hair. I love the smell. I guess its violet scented, I've never had anything violet scented to compare it to but it's nice.

on 5/24/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo to tone down the brassiness that my dyed blonde hair is prone to and although I love the scent and the lathering and cleansing of it I found it made my fine hair much too soft and floppy for my liking.
However I told my husband to use it as it would make his dark hair shiny and he now refuses to use anything else.He notices that if he runs out of it he gets dandruff and enjoys me snuggling up to him to smell his lovely hair lol!

on 3/24/2009 1:01:00 PM

I wasn't sure how well Daddyo worked until today, I bought it to tone down the yellow in my platinum hair. I got in the bath and spread it over my hair, then proceeded to do a crossword puzzle. So, I lost track of time. Fast forward to me freaking out over my now purple highlights. OMG OMG OMG. I have tried using my regular shampoo to get the purple out, but it is still there. Be careful with this one if you are platinum.

on 6/7/2009 10:17:00 AM

Ok, just to reply to PeaceBaby, you are not supposed to leave this on your hair!!! I love it, it replenished my hair so much and made it really nice and shiny and blonde! LoL purple!

on 10/14/2007 12:36:00 AM

OMG! GROSS! The worst shampoo I've ever used! I've never met a LUSH product I didn't love until I bought this and I can't believe my beloved LUSH could make something this foul. The stuff smells like dog poo and skunk juice got married and had a baby named DaddyO. To make matters worse, the smell won't go away. I thought I could cover it up by using American Cream conditioner and Goth Juice gel on top of it but the disgusting odor still permeated through. So nauseating. Plus it's as thin as water; when you squeeze it out of the bottle, it runs out of your hand. I've heard LUSH is discontinuing this. Thank goodness!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I maybe so would buy this daddy o again, it lathers great, scent is neutral, purplish color shampoo, sorta thick in consistancy, made my hair feel soft, I will see how it does for my hair in the summer time, but I DO LOOOOVE THERE bar shampoo soaps.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my ultimate push-pull product. It is insanely expensive and smells like rancid violets neglected to rot in the crook of Satan's bowels, but it is hands-down THE best color maintenance shampoo I have ever tried. Better than Artec, better than TiGi, better than John Frieda. My hair has been every shade of the rainbow, and every time I try to escape the costly, foul-stenched grasp of Daddy-O, he reels me back in with his sweet sweet promises of good-looking color. And he delivers.

on 1/18/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is nice. It cleanses my hair quite well.
However, at times it is slightly drying, and I have to use a good conditioner.

The only think I'm irked about is that I've found that my hair gets oily faster? As if making up for the dry hair that this shampoo results in. Don't get me wrong, when I use it that day my hair is brighter and gorgeous, but two days later my hair is oilier then when before I had this product.

EDIT: After three uses, I developed a crazy scalp condition that took a month to get rid of. It made my hair fall out. Sorry gals, not for fine hair!!