INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 9/9/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked this up at Sally's beauty supply and was pleasantly surprised with this top coat. It does dry very fast and gives my nails a glassy shine. It makes my nails look thicker and levels itself nicely to a very smooth finish. My manicure looks professionally done when I finish with OTD. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 is because I wish it was a little better at keeping the polish on the tips of my nails from chipping.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Not super fast drying, not a high shine TC, and polish is chipped within the day. Not impressed, would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It makes my manicure last for AT LEAST a week. This is my favorite top coat!

on 8/12/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

UPDATE!!!!!
At first I LOVED this stuff, but it did not deliver at all...
I bought this to replace my addiction to Seche Vite, I thought I needed to try something else since SV was so expensive and got goopy really fast. I bough this at Sally's and it was $5... I regret buying this because it DOES NOT dry in seconds like it claims, and it DOES NOT extend the life of your nail polish (my manicure lasted only ONE day without chipping). I would not purchase again since I know there are better products out there but if you have no choice then this is an OK product, you do have to allow several minutes (I usually waited 15-20 mins) for your polish to completely dry, in some cases with very thick nail polish it will not dry at all (over 30 mins. with nail polish still soft)

on 6/28/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

found this at the local drug store while searching for sally hansen's insta-dri no-chip top coat.
wow! dries fast with an incredible glass-like shine. easy to use. not too thick, not too thin.
i am sure it will get thicker (as they all do) with a frequent use.
too early to tell, but it might replace my favorite poche.
i tried it on opi polishes and the shine is superior to poche and its not as gloopy. a possible winner :)
btw, insta-dry is awful. but thats another review :):)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using Seche Vite for the past couple of years. I loved how fast it dried, but I always had shrinkage and tip wear on a few nails. Maybe it had more to do with my lack of skill than the product itself, but still, it was annoying. This top coat takes a little longer to dry, but it doesn't pull and shrink on me like SV. I'd buy, it again, my manis last 3-4 days without chipping with this stuff. For someone who does so much with her hands, I find that quite impressive.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've tried most of the popular quick-dry topcoats Poshe, Seche Vite, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, you name it. And while Out the Door does not dry as quickly as the top two (Poshe and SV), it does dry fairly quickly, just not within a couple minutes (SV wins that battle). However, the reason why I keep going back to Out the Door is because it DOES NOT SHRINK. Seche Vite is the worst offender in this, and I get major shrinkage with a multitude of polish brands at my tips (which drives me nuts) and also at my cuticle. Poshe also shrinks often, but not as badly depending on the polish at the tips. So although I prefer the shininess and hard coat of SV, Out the Door still does pretty well in both those departments, but its lack of shrinkage totally wins it for me.

on 5/12/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am totally agreed with limelipgloss on this. Seche Vite is 100% superior. I talked with a lady in line at CVS the other day who was raving about OTD. Next trip, I picked some up. Dull finish, 2 chips after doing my nails this morning. Ugh. Trick to SV? Get it fresh (thin as possible), clean the top before capping and expect to replace just under 1/2 bottle. Still, well worth the price. OTD is useless, just slightly better than skipping the step altogether.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Out the Door is my go-to finishing top coat. I've been using it for about 5 years now. It dries quickly and evenly, it doesn't curl-up or peel like Seche does on me, it helps quite a lot in keeping tip wear at bay, and it leaves a great shine when dry. I wouldn't ever consider doing without it!

This top coat sucked for me! Especially after being spoiled by Seche Vite. This does not dry as quickly, it is not as shiny, and the brush was weird... it didn't work very well to apply.

My polish stayed tacky and dent-y for a long time after using this top coat. I returned it the next day.