Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/8/2003 5:04:00 AM

it will give a subtle glow under loose powder and 2-way cake. although it feels oily on application it does not aggravate my blemishes, on the whole my skin condition gets better when i am using it, as in the blemishes will dry up faster and i don't get new ones. some ppl don't like it but i know i do =)

on 9/9/2003 10:55:00 AM

O.K. I'm really in the minority on this one. I am on my 4th tube of this. I use it as a base for foundation (never alone). I don't know exactly how it works but it keeps my skin and makeup looking fresher more vibrant and the color stays truer than it does without the spotlight. I'm hooked.

on 2/17/2003 4:48:00 PM

Hmmm...and the point of this product is??? Spotlight kind of reminds me of Nivea Silky Shimmer Lotion (which I don't like at all) except the Spotlight shimmer is pinkish purple instead of gold. Either way, I've never really been able to figure out what to do with this product, so I tend to put a little on my cheekbones on days when I'm bored with my blushes and am looking for something a little different. Still, I'm sure there are better highlighters out there- and why EL bills this as a "skin tone perfector" is beyond me.

I know why EL named this product "Spotlight". It's because it puts a "spotlight" on all of your worst complextion problems! Made my pimples look 10000x larger, my skin tone more reddish than I ever thought possible and the greasy, shiney slick on my face was disgusting. Ugh. Just terrible.

on 3/27/2003 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like to mix this with my foundation and make it a little more glow-y and less heavy. I hope it is also helping my skin at the same time, but I'll never know. I would not buy it again though just because of the cost. If it was cheaper I would consider it.

on 7/15/2003 6:16:00 AM

I got this as a free gift. Have no idea what this actually does still. I put it on my face and nothing happened except making my face greasy and uncomfortable. Will not spend any $ on this product.

on 2/19/2002 1:59:00 PM

Ew!

I looked like I was glowing purple and red from this stuff.

Good thing it was a sample, I could not wash it off fast enough.

For a better product, try Prescriptives.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe I wasted my money on this!When I had this on everyone noticed I had purple, pinkish glow on my face.It was gross.The only good thing about this product is that it makes your skin feel smooth.

I was excited when I got this as I had read fantastic things about it in magazines but when I tried it I was so dissapointed. It seem to leave a totally unrealistic pearly pinky/purple finish to my skin when I used it on my whole face. However I did find that when I used just a tiny amount on my cheekbones it seem to look okay, still there are a lot better and cheaper hilighters so I won't be buying this again. It promised to fade pigmentation and even out skin tone over time which I liked the sound of but unfortunately I won't be using it long enough to find out. Don't bother buying this product.

on 1/18/2003 5:22:00 PM

i was excited to try this product. unfortunately it just left my face feeling greasy, looking shiny, and glowing purple. not a natural glowing look like i had expected. after using it a few times my face started burning and breaking out. i got rid of this quick.