Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

on 8/14/2004 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

In general, I love glossimers, but this one just didn't work for me. I prefer pale pinks, but decided to give this one a try. There's waaaay too much of a gold undertone for me. Try on before buying, because it looks much different on then it does in the tube!

on 8/1/2004 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Chanel Twinkle was my first glossimer and WOW, it is beautiful! I am so loving this one, I bought it a few months ago and can't believe I hadn't written a review on it! Anyways on me Twinkle goes on a shimmery peachy/pink/gold and it really stays on, not sticky at all so these glossimers are definitely something to ck out if you don't like stick glosses!

Pretty color with a bit of sparks. Consistency is great with a good lasting power. would buy again.

on 4/19/2004 7:51:00 PM

My first Glossimer. RIS. I am in love with the color a very pale, iced peachy. Warms up your face and looks great with browns and bronzes.

on 7/31/2004 2:31:00 PM

This (Scintillance in Europe) and chanel ginger glossimer are my top two l/g of choice! Brightens my face so wonderfully! Twinkle is lighter than Ginger and tends more towards apricot-gold while ginger is more of a golden peach. Both of them are so gorgeous! I hope neither of them never gets discontinued!

Twinkle is a weird one. The first time I tried it, I hated it (looked too frosty, washed me out, etc.). Then someone recently sent me a mini as an extra, I tried it again and really like it. Its a light pink with a lot of gold undertones and slight shimmer. Maybe I just needed a tan, lol!

Love it! This gloss is an Iced Golden Pink w/ just enough Shimmer to enhance my Pretty Full lips- It does NOT wash me out, at all! I can use this by itself(with a tan), But find it best for Topping off Lipstick, as a Dazzling Glimmer of Pink golden Shine- I just tried it on top Of Showgirl, it looks amazing!

Yikes! This is way too frosty for my liking. Twinkle is very pretty in the tube, but unfortunately looked horrible on me (GA LSF 5.5)

on 3/31/2004 5:48:00 PM

This is a powerful pinkish gold that is intense, so you have to play down the rest of your face while wearing it. It has anawesome texture that hydrates my lips and doesn't make me look washed out, it actaully does the opposite and IMO make me look very 'alive' and virbrate.

After reading the raves, I bought Twinkle glossimer on EBay. Like one of the reviewers below, it washed out my light-medium Asian face. The consistency was tacky, too, and after an hour, the frost settled into the lines of my lips.

EDIT: Twinkle Glossimer is my favorite rediscovery from my stash. The texture of the lipgloss does not bother me the way it used to. The color (like liquid Nars Orgasm blush, but wears off like a golden nude) and the lasting power are superior. However, I would not repurchase this gloss because of the high frost. It's a little bit much, and there are more glosses out there that have shimmer without being too opaque.