MAC Matte - Soft Brown

MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 1/2/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my staple crease color. I lay this down first to add definition to my crease. I love the pigmentation, and it's so easy to blend.

on 12/5/2010 7:27:00 PM

I nearly returned this shadow because it was so dry/matte (crumbling a bit when I opened it) and it looked very meh.

I'm so glad I kept it. It's the perfect crease/blending color for my skin tone and eye shadow palette. Works with smokey eyes, light neutral eyes. It's the little shadow that could!

on 11/17/2010 7:30:00 PM

I've been using Wedge in my crease and thought Soft Brown would be nice as well. Unfortunately it's too orange for my skintone...I will try to use it as a transition color when I do smokey eyes and see if that works any better.

on 10/28/2010 6:57:00 PM

I'm just echoing the other glowing reviews for this shadow. It's wonderful as a crease color for a daytime, work-appropriate smokey eye. I find it a little hard to work with because it's matte, but this could be equally attributed to my lousy blending skills. In any case, this is a lovely color for N20 people.

on 11/28/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

At first I didn't know what to do with this shadow. It just seemed SO matte that it looked heavy on my lids. However, I discovered that it's an awesome crease colour with shimmery gold shadow on the lid. Really makes my green eyes POP and tones down the shimmery lid colour. I like this with Gold Mode pigment and Stila Sun or Oasis e/s especially.

on 11/15/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this did not last long in my collection. It was my first natural eye contour color from Mac, and I wanted it to work so bad. The reason it never did was that it's too orange-toned for my pale skin, therefore it makes my eyes appear unhealthy and irritated and it gives me an overall tired and sleepless look. Gave it to my best friend whose coloring is similar but it didn't seem to work on her either. I'm sure it would look great on slightly deeper skin tones (I'd say just up to NC/NW35 or else it won't show up), but I've now learnt to stay away from warm browns, either light, medium or dark. Won't repurchase.

My Holy Grail crease color. Smooth texture, easy to blend, great color payoff. Looks boring but trust me, everyone needs a go-to crease color! And your crease should not be over-powering your basic everyday look.

I have yellow undertones with monolids (NC25-NC30). I don't have a visible crease and the skin around my lid is naturally slightly pink.
I've tried Cork and copperplate for crease colors but nothing compares to the results i get with Soft Brown.

It's appears to be a peachy brown and when I apply it, it gives me some depth without looking like a cut crease but visible enough so that I look like I have a crease.

A friend (she's a monolid and paler than me) really liked it on me and we both went to Mac to get one for her. however it didn't work on her. She's NW20 with pink undertones. It make her look like she had a swollen eye. She ended up with Wedge to get the similiar effect.

on 8/24/2010 1:04:00 AM

A Must-have eye shadow. Excellent for the crease whether it be for slight crease definition or to soften a deep smoky look. Can be used it almost any look!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This has to be one of my top ten Mac shadows :) I love it I find myself using it every day to blend away harsh lines and make a smooth trasition to my hilight color ;) I am NC 30 but I've used this on my NC 20 and lighter clients and it looks great it has some warmth to this color ( it looks way diff than what it is in the pan ) looks pretty boring in the pan but when u wear it it's awesome , I will say that if u have kid eyeshadow u don't need to buy this I find that this shadow and bamboo mixed make it look like kid ( on my skin ) kid doesn't have as much warmth as this shadow a must for every neutral pallet ;)

on 10/6/2010 1:49:00 PM

I am so glad I finally decided to purchase this color! It is a serious must-have! I use it for blending out colors/harsh lines. I wasn't sure if this would even show up on me since I am an NC40/42 but it shows up just fine on me!

This color works for blending out any color eyeshadows: brown, black, purple, etc so you will definitely get a lot of use out of it! I really didn't think this color would make a huge difference with my eyeshadow but it really has, my eyeshadow looks soo much better now that I use this for blending!