MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.7

on 12/27/2005 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very shimmery light lilac colour with silvery undertones. Nothing too exciting-I usually use this as a highlighter with purples and plums. Very sparkly and silvery, other than that it's nothing I'd wear on it's own. However I'd probably repurchase since I use this all the time to highlight, I just wish that it had a bit more colour to it.

on 12/24/2005 10:50:00 AM

Oh wow, this is my new love! :-) At first, I thought I would not like this pigment. In the jar, it looks quite boring and unspectacular. I have a few lilac shimmering powders or e/s and I was pretty sure that Kitschmas would be just the same. But it's not just a plain shimmery lavendar shade. I was soooo wrong!

This pigment literaly makes my hazel eyes pop. On my eyelids, it shows up as a VERY shimmery pale and icy lilac shade, with some silver (almost white actually) undertones. This is a shade that truly catches the light. It's perfect to create highlight below the eyebrow zone, or to add a touch of luminosity to the inner corner of my eyes. I like to wear it over a matte e/s to give it some sparkles. Very versatile. I'm usually not too fond of silver-ish e/s since they tend to look very weird on me but this one is just gorgeous. I'm not sure I would wear this as an over-all e/s though.

I agree that the texture is a bit chunky however. But even without a base, it staying power is pretty good.

I love to pair it with Stars n' Rockets and Moth Brown - with Kitschmas pigment it really makes a great trio! It's so pretty. I would definitely buy it again. Try it! continued >>

on 12/18/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love pigments but the texture of this one is flakey and difficult to use, and the color is only flattering as a highlighter on my olive toned FFF skin, too light without any depth to it, a slightly lavender tinged frosty shade with an intense shimmer, the shimmer is the prettiest part and I have seen this look nice on some, but it just didn't work well for me at all.

on 9/28/2005 1:17:00 AM

I really liked this frosty lavender color. :) It looked very festive and Christmas-y. :) I'm thinking it might be a little over the top to wear this daily but witih a nice Ola Viola! eyeliner Kohl it looks pretty sweet. :) On my NC40 skin it looks really subtle and lightly frosted. The only con is that it can be messy. :P I made the mistake of dipping a huge highlighter brush into the container and it got all over my face. :) A good idea for me was to take some of the pigment out of the jar it came in and into a little .05 sample jar. Just in case I get butterfingers and drop the whole pigment jar I won't cry my eyes out. hehe But I do really like the color and can probably pull it off for daily/day wear, it's just nice to have that option. ALSO, this color isn't lipsafe. :) I'm not sure why, but it isn't. See here. continued >>

This is such a pretty colour for blending! It's just a bit glittery, but not too clunky. I'm so glad they brought this back!

on 12/6/2005 10:55:00 PM

Oh, how I love thee dear Kitschmas. I know others complain about how much frost this pigment has, but on my pale skin the lavender still shows up beautifully. I especially love to pair this with Violet pigment. If you don't like shimmer, this is definitely not the shade for you. But I happen to love the effect I get from this: more like a gleaming hint of a color more than an outright color on the lids.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very shimmery light lavender shade. I usually go for bolder colors, but this works okay as a highlighter under the brow.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Kitschmas is a very pretty silvery-lavender color with pronounced silver sparkles. The texture is similar to the chunky texture of Rose pigment. It is gorgeous in the jar--very fairy-like and ethereal. On the lids, however, I've found that I need to layer another color with it in order for Kitschmas to work for me. I can't wear it alone on the lid because it's too frosty, shimmery, and light. However, my fave look with this is blended with a bit of Violet pigment on top to bring out the lavender-purple...absolutely GORGEOUS and brings out the green in my eyes! Also lovely with Coco blended in as well. Besides that though, this looks odd used for anything else besides the eyes (too sparkly for blush, too frosty for lips) but it certainly is a pretty color. I received an almost full jar from a very generous swapper, but I would not repurchase. I probably will never run out and I'm happy that it's in my possession!

on 9/23/2005 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Kitschmas is pretty, but to me it's just not "all that."
It is a pretty pale mauve with a touch of lavender and tons of silver shimmer. I didn't detect any glitter in mine, just shimmer. This is sort of a mauve-tinted version of "Frost."
You could probably find this color in a drugstore eyeshadow, but not that high-wattage Pigment shimmer. Kitchmas looks nice with my green eyes and cool coloring, but when I use up my sample, I don't expect to seek a full-size.
If, however, pale, icy, shimmery pastels are your "thing," by all means try this!

on 8/1/2005 2:46:00 AM

As with all pigments, this is versatile and can be used as an eye shadow, or mixed in with lip gloss, used to highlight, etc.

COLOR: It is a *very* frosted/shimmery silver lilac color; pale icy lavendar.

PROS: Very blendable, very versitle, long lasting, silky texture, unique color. I think that it is just such a pretty pretty color.

CONS: More so than any other pigment I own, kitschmas is very color concetrated so a little goes a VERY long way. It is easy to go over the top when using this color.

Overall, it is just so pretty. I think the hype of this product maybe why so many were dissapointed in it, but still... the hype is deserved. I love this pigment.

PRICE: $18.50 USD found at macys, mac store, etc.