Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 11/11/2016 11:58:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter and the lady colour matched 4.25 to my skin colour and gave me a sample to try at home. I have just finished a Chanel foundation which is good but wanted to test the market. I love this foundation it gives medium coverage without been cakey and immediately my skin looked glowing with no imperfections, I didn't even need any powder. I really like this foundation and wont be trying out any others, Iam definitely going to purchase this foundation, although its pricey it is worth every penny to have my skin looking so good 👍🏻

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It took me a looong time to figure out My color is 6.0 mixed with 5.75 looks even better. I am on the fence about buying two foundations as I plan to also purchase a custom blended foundation from a online company. For the very end of summer if I have a lot of color( tan), I can add a tiny droplet of shade 7.0 to 6.0 and it looks very nice and natural. Which matches pretty well. Its very luminous and dewy, but powder application can be tricky- shade match has no rhyme or reason to it. Im a Nc 42ish* in MAC , golden natural in BB, and nude in Becca/ olive in Becca during the late summer. Also stromboli in Nars illuminating long wear. To me this still has some red to it,after it drys down which js not good as i am a golden medium deep.Will probably purchase shades 6.0 and 5.75 this foundation is well made and looks good on me in direct sunlight as well as photos and holds up well in a regular day of errands and work activities.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I certainly wanted to love this, after dabbling in Armani lipsticks and being blown away by the Fluid Sheer liquid highlighter. (Tip to cool, fair girls: it works on its own!)

The coverage is good--a bit more than medium, I'd say. The finish is neither chalky nor greasy, but given the heaviness of this product, I wouldn't want to wear it every day.

My big issue with it is color choice. I'm about an NW20, maybe even a touch lighter. I've tried 3 different shades, from 3.75 down to 5.25, and cannot find one that doesn't make me glow yellow.

Darn!

on 10/20/2016 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I quite like this foundation as it has a medium type of coverage and a nice soft finish. I have not had issues with it and it has not become cakey or melted. I wear it throughout the day and sometimes over 10 hours and so far so good. I wish it came with SPF though but it still works fine if you wear a moisturizer with sun protection.
The swatch range is better than a lot of "luxury" branded foundations and tanned to darker or deeper skin tones can find a match.

Really wanted to love this as it has such a hype but it doesn't last on my skin!! I don't even have oily skin either, a couple hours after applying it seems to have disappeared even though I set it with a powder. Also I find you have to use loads to get a decent coverage, really dissapointed especially as it's £37 I'll be switching back to Estée Lauder double wear

on 10/8/2016 2:00:00 PM

I really really tried to make this work for me because nothing beats the natural finish GA LS provides BUT the fragrance is so damn strong and harsh , my bf calls it a man repellant bc of the grandma powder sunscreen fragrance. I wear contacts everyday for actual vision needs and together or without, this foundation gives me watery eyes, stuffy nose & accentuates my under eye circles EVEN with a corrector. Unbelievable right!? At first I thought it was just me n allergies but my boyfriend even commented on the strong smell.. I eventually gave it up because it only made me look worse.

To those that aren't sensitive to fragrance , this foundation is a holy grail and looks incredible in photos. Its also what news anchors use for HD recording. Though its not as long lasting as I would hope but the formula melts into skin so well that it sort of gives that 'after sex' glow for at least an hour before it really starts to grease, something rare for my combo skin.

Getting the right shade is also super tricky. I recommend getting samples in at least TWO shades before finalizing your purchase.

on 10/19/2016 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely light to medium coverage foundation. As others have stated, it is not going to last more than 6-8 hours on your skin. However, this is typical of most foundations that offer coverage on the light side. It also doesn't have sunscreen. If you want that try their Lasting Silk. Those points aside, Luminous Silk offers a beautiful velvety finish. I apply a second light coat over any "problem" areas. As with most foundations, the key is finding a good color/tone match. They offer a nice range of shades.

on 9/22/2016 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! I've been using this for 2 years and I've never used anything like it before! After all the hype from bloggers I gave in and bought the product. It's coverage is light, and literally feels like silk on your skin! I've never gone back to using any other foundation. I have combo to oily skin and this is just perfect for me, it's highly difficult to find a foundation which suits my combo skin days and highly oily days and this just does that. Defos worth the investment

on 10/1/2016 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This foundation is great for those looking for something that is good coverage yet not cakey looking. It gives a finish that is in-between matte and dewy. I found that its very moisturizing on the skin, and because of this it is very buildable to give you a light-medium coverage.
I've never EVER found a foundation that totally matches my skin until using this in shade 3, its perfect for those who have very pale skin but with warm undertones as this shade is super yellowy.
The only downside to this product is that it doesn't really stay in place throughout the day. I use a good primer and setting spray and find that this does fade from my nose area. I don't have very oily skin and have found that this foundation does give me a lot of shine on my forehead, chin and nose but its not anything that a bit of powder can't fix.
Overall, I like this foundation mainly because it suits my skin perfectly, but the formula is not amazing. If you're looking for a light/medium coverage foundation this is perfect, if not do not buy this as you can get better coverage foundations for a cheaper price.