Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This, to my disappointment, is not Kim K in a bottle (lol! Idk what I was expecting). It's very yellow & Cameo is too pale & pink so I'm stuck looking for another color. The formula is gr8 for oily skin but some of the ingredients are a little concerning? I get mine off amazon which isn't the cheapest place to buy it. It is true indeed as stated in a post below if ur coloring isn't like KK it will not have the same illuminating effect under ur eyes/concealer. I still like this. I pour some of it out into a sauce tray then dip my brush or pouf into the powder. When it becomes empty I shake some more into the tray. I'm glad I got this or I would have been forever wondering what the great banana powder was all about, it's something I at least wanted to give a go/try. It's the best for oily skin! So I may try to buy a different color to use as finishing powder.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

i bought a sample size of this from an ebay seller and so far am liking it. It's a bit drying to use under my eyes but works great on the less dry areas- it's finely milled so the finish is very smooth, and the yellow color (not a problem w/ my skin tone) brightens. For high shine, it's decent. Lasts about as long as the Sonia Kushuk pressed powder but probably not as long as some specialty powders (i presume).

The scent is reminiscent of an old-school / vintage compact (cody, etc). I wish this came pressed instead of loose.

I really love this powder that I bought twice! Do not be put off by its colour! This is much more closer to translucent, transparent than any other powder that claims it is only by names such as Laura mercier translucent powder which totally made me look so sallow.
This powder is of very high quality and comparable to other high end powder, despite its cheaply looking container. What counts is its contents and quality! This powder is very fine milled, did not accentuate my pore or fine lines or dry patches while setting foundation underneath beautifully while keeping my oily zone under control. Although quite mattifying, it was not uncomfortable around my dry cheek areas either. It wears very sheer and even f I keep reapplying or wears a lot of amount, it doesn't cake up nor look unnatural. I have nc15 fair Asian skin with slightly cool toned for Asian and I loved this powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A really nice setting powder that works well even on me. It doesn't make me look ashy or washed out. As a matter of fact it seems to blurr skin imperfections leaving the skin to looking flawless. The ingrediants are such, so I wouldn't repurchase it. I purchased the smaller dome size, but I see this lasting for nearly 100 or more uses. You get a ton of product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I ordered this off of makeup mania I expecting a yellow crayola crayon color by they way people raged on by it being great for tan skin....anyway I set this under my eyes (finally no creasing) also my makeup lasted and eyebrows didn't have that greasy pencil look after a few hours

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I would not be able to live without this product.

This leaves my makeup looking flawless and makes my undereye concealer last ALL day.

Packaging is a bit mehhhh so i transfer it into an a natural collection loose powder jar i had cause i hated that powder.

If you're not sure if you'll like it you can order samples from Ebay or amazon first and then you will fall in love like i did.

AMAZING PRODUCT! Super silky unlike any other powder ive ever used,a little goes a long way,Made my skin completely poreless and airbrushed looking,nuetralized all the redness on my face and stayed all day without needing touch ups and at the end of the day my face still was not oily or shiny. One thing to keep in mind,if you are fair or light skinned this powder will not work as a highlighter like it does on Kim.K it will work as an all over makeup setting powder that completely nuetralizes redness and produces an airbrushed look that last all day. Worth every single penny

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I apologise that my review is so long but REALLY WORTH READING!

Just look at those ingredients! talc, zinc stearate, corn starch, rice starch, iron oxides (color), diazoludinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, and fragrance

Talc (quote from cancer.org website) "It has been suggested that talcum powder might cause cancer in the ovaries if the powder particles (applied to the genital area or on sanitary napkins, diaphragms, or condoms) were to travel through the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes to the ovary. (...)Some studies of talc miners and millers have suggested an increased risk of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases, while others have found no increase in lung cancer risk."
Did you know that your favourite powder can contain asbestos?

Diazolidinyl Urea is FORMALDEHYDE derivative, Ill give you quote from ewg.org:
"The International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC) has classified formaldehyde as 'carcinogenic to humans,' and the U.S. National Toxicology Program has classified it as 'reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen,' based on emerging evidence in humans and robust evidence in animals (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Occupational exposures to formaldehyde gas are linked to nasal and nasopharyngeal cancers (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Animal studies confirm this link, and also suggest an association between formaldehyde in drinking water and stomach and gastrointestinal cancer and leukemia (NTP 2005)."

Parabens are known to almost all of you so I won't say more.

Everyone likes fragranced cosmetics (my nose like them too) but some can be allergic.

I used banana few times without looking at ingredients, it is well pigmented and covers natural pink cheeks. However, there are many more (check mineral makeup) powders what are not harmful to us and I will stick to them.

Thanks for reading
I really hope it will help someone
Paula

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to get this product after reading the amazing reviews and watching some tutorials that used this. I realllllly wanted to love it but it's far from HG status for me. I like the brightening effect of the color, but it doesn't last long on my oily skin. In fact, I feel like it causes me to get oiler, faster than usual. I like my pressed powders much better.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great powder for setting make up. The only down side is that it doesn't last all day.