ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

3.5

on 9/28/2004 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I tried this at the Origins counter, I loved it...However, when I received it in a swap it didn't look as good as I was hoping. Maybe the lights make it look better...The tube is tiny, and although a little goes a little way the smallness of it is totally obnoxious. But anyways, I'm not too impressed, and I already swapped away my Clinique Black Honey Gel Blush. Oh well! I am totally addicted to Origins Brush on Color now!

Great product. Color lasts all day for me - I have combo/oily skin, but if you are moisturized right, it will go on smoothly and give a nice, versatile all-day color. But, blend quickly and wash your hands quickly or it will stain -- that's what makes it last!

on 8/12/2004 11:13:00 AM

I've used this sometime bad and never enjoyed a moment using it. First, the tube got squashed in my make-up bag and went out of shape. The texture was hard to manage and I ended up with streaks.

on 8/4/2004 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good product but I personally cannot use any blush thats not a powder because my skin is oily. However, if my skin were a bit drier I would adore it. It adds a very natural looking flush that looks very cute. Just be careful to blend it quickly or you'll end up streaky!

on 7/21/2004 11:31:00 AM

It's a good product, but not for every skin tone or type. I'm pale with dark hair and eyes, and for me, it's much too bright, dark, and concentrated in pigment. I want to look slightly flushed, not dangerously feverish. I'm a blush junkie and have tried many, but I prefer Bonne Bell gel blushes for their color choice and sheerness. If Origins introduced more colors in this product, I might try it again. I give it a "B" (4 out of 5).

This gives you a natural flush but the packaging is aweful. The metal tube forces you to squeeze out more product than you want. I don't think I would try this again.

on 5/17/2004 3:49:00 PM

I have to admit, I am an Origins junkie. But even then, having tried other cheek flush gels, this is my HG of them all! The key is in the application and prep before. First, moisturize your skin!!! I will recommend Origins Make a Difference, but that's just me!! ;) Then, lightly squeeze out a teeny little dot, about an eighth of an inch in diameter, in your left finger (if you're righthanded), and with your right finger, pick up half of the dot and blend in circular motions over the apples of your cheeks. Smile to find the top of your cheek apples! Smile anyway, gorgeous girls!!! You can build up on the colour if you like. This great product always, ALWAYS, makes me look like I've been exercising all day, or something else, winkwink!!! If you're not yet convinced, the first time i wore this (years ago) a beautiful boy I had a secret crush on told me I was looking particularly pretty that day... The cheek gel is still mine, the boy I let go, but that's another story for another website... Hope this helps!

This is the best of all the cheek blush products I have found. With the exception of an absolutely amazing limited edition one that Lancome did in 1999/2000 - bring it back Lancome, they haven't. It had a really nice shimmer to it, added a bit of depth. Benefit nor Origins do this, however, I prefer the Origins Pinch Your Cheeks to the Benefit one - and I usually love Benefit.

on 4/26/2004 3:24:00 AM

For me, Origins Pinch Your Cheeks does exactly that -- it gives my cheeks a natural, flushed look that's nearly identical to the one I get from blushing or exercise. The natural look and the fact that it stays on the whole day are what I love about this gel blush.

I think a lot of dissatisfaction that people have with this blush can be eased by proper application. Firstly, applying moisturizer before putting on this blush helps a great, great deal. It WILL come out uneven if you try to apply it to dry cheeks and it's so much easier to blend it into moisturized skin. If you want a matte look, just pat on some powder afterwards. Secondly, once you twist open the cover, you don't really need to squeeze the tube anymore. Some product will usually come out and that's enough for your use. If nothing comes out, just squeeze the end of the tube very lightly. The exception to this is the first time you open the tube, and I don't think it can be helped that too much product will come out. But after that it ought to be ok.

It's a bit pricey, but then the tiny tube lasts me the more than a year (a little goes a long way) so it's alright.

(Fortunately for me, we have a local brand here called Bench that makes a great liquid blush at 1/6th the price, so as long as I can buy that, I'm not getting any more tubes of Pinch Your Cheeks.)

All of that said, I think that gel blushes are not for everybody and this review is just meant to help out those who use them.

I am not sure if I am a candidate for these cheek tinting things. I am going to try Benefit's at the counter, and, if I don't like that, I am done with them.

The packaging on this was bad. It leaked all over my makeup bag.

It just makes my face look like a bad kinda red.

I liked putting it on my lips, though.

One of those interesting products where you really want to like it, but, then, it doesn't work out.

Popular Blush Products