Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, so so so much.
I have oily, dehydrated and acne prone skin which goes in phases of being super resistant to anything to super sensitive to anything. I try to keep a consistent routine including vitamin C, Salicylic acid, Retinol and Lactic acid and this serum actually fits perfectly into the routine, providing some healing, calming and zit clearing qualities to it.

The serum is runny, sticky but not thick. I layer it over Bioderma Hydrating Toner and under TO Matrixyl and it doesn't ball up on me, unlike other users' experience. You only need a couple of drops to cover face and neck, so that might be the trick.

The bottle is ok, not the most efficient means of dispensing but not bad either and the dropper itself hasn't clogged up or anything.

I noticed that when I use this consistently, my skin is less oily overall, my active spots are calmed and the scabs from previous spots are drier and heal faster. I don't know if it really does anything for my pigmentation as it is melasma- like (haven't had it diagnosed, but my guess is that it is) but I wasn't expecting much in that respect anyway.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who as active acne and oily skin in general. It just works.
Always spot test and give it some time before giving up, skin has a 28 day renewal cycle.

on 2/27/2018 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using retin-a as tretinoin prescription medication for 5 months now. I've gone through that horrible initial breakout. That may be why the reviews for this product are not as great as I would have expected-- people who havent used vitamins a,b, and c will have breakouts for a few weeks from this.

This stuff is seriously amazing. I've had family members notice the improvement in my skin since using this. My zits (and cysts) last a third of the time when i apply this and the oil control is seriously INSANE. I stain my pillows yellow with sebum (tmi) but with this it has reduced to the point i blot only once a day.

Using vitamins A, B, and C will cause irritation and breakouts at first, but if you stick with it, it will be worth it. And if you really can't bear it, the price is right. It's a no risk product.

on 2/25/2018 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have combo skin. I patch tested this product on my arm and was not allergic to it. Within two weeks of using it as an addition to my regular evening skincare routine I broke out in whiteheads and deep painful zits on and around my nose. This was very unusual for me, as my typical breakouts are on my forehead and chin.

If you want to try it, proceed with caution. At the very least, it’s not expensive. I did like the dropper packaging, the fact that it had no fragrance, and the way it felt on my skin.

I do use Cerave PM so I don’t know if it was the niacinimide or something else that triggered the breakout, but it’s inspired me to try a different moisturizer once this bottle is finished just in case!

I really wanted to like this product, but there's something about it that doesn't agree with my face. It causes some redness and irritation, enough to cause additional breakouts. My thought is it's the niacinamide, since I also have issues with Cerave PM.

In less than two weeks this transformed my skin completely! It feels a bit sticky and tacky, also stings my skin a bit still. I always follow up with a moisturizer, since this doesn't leave me feeling quenched. However, the long term results are amazing; significantly less breakouts, less visible pores, less redness of skin, and most amazingly: has faded many of my acne scars on my cheeks. I will purchase this until I die, and recommend it to anyone with congested skin issues. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a life saver!
I put 4 in packaging, since it's very difficult to get the remaining product out. A pump suspension would be great.

I uploaded a photo of my "before and after", which is from using the following products: Salicylic Acid 2%, Lactic Acid 10%, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Granactive Retinoid 5%, Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% and AHA 30% + BHA 2%.
I put it up on this product, since I definitely see it working wonders on my acne scars and blemishes, which you can clearly see (no photoshop!). It's a HG product.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

on 1/23/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

One day after using this serum for 2 months I caught a glimpse of my face in a mirror at the drugstore one day and was both delighted and dismayed. Why? While it does lighten very well, in fact, I could not see my melasma at all but my skin was so so dry. This serum has zinc and that's not so great for someone with dehydration prone skin. Niacinamide is extremely effective on melasma and I recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin. My skin felt smooth but it looked textured and my pores were HUGE because my skin was so dehydrated. I've moved on to Holy Snails will do a review on that in March 2018

on 1/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have had mild acne at times and have been using this for two weeks, I had decided to try this along with the AHA BHA peel. Since I started using I have developed two incredibly painful cysts in places I've never had (just above top lip and a cm under my eye) along with a dozen other pimples scattered across my face. My skin didn't have any breakouts prior to using either. I don't know what this is but it isn't a purge. My skin also feels awful like the texture is rough. Sadly I need to discontinue. I really wanted this to work :(

on 1/22/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is ok for the price. However, I'm not 100% sold on the efficacy of the formula. It doesn't seem well formulated at all, not that I expected much for under $6. It feels quite sticky and tacky on my skin despite only using one or two drops. Anything I layer over it doesn't absorb into my skin and remains sticky as well. I found that over time it dried out my skin which made it more oily (my skin is oily/reactive and prone to dehydration, clogged pores, and acne). A plus is that it didn't cause any breakouts. I'll continue to use and update after I've used the entire bottle.

on 1/21/2018 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First, I have combination skin and I am a medium brown skin tone with a few sunspots and scars. I am sharing this post because I had to learn through mistakes on how to properly use this product. So hope this helps.

Initially, I would clean my face and put two or three drops directly onto my skin and massage it in. My skin looked dry, dull and flaky as a result as the product was too strong.

I went back to the deciem store and had to ask what I was doing wrong. Apparently, you don't put this product directly onto your skin! ( well no one told me...) here are the steps: 1. You put two drops on your palms. 2. Rub your palms together 3. Pat the product onto your skin. That said, I ended up picking up a hyulauranic acid during my trip to the store as it helps the skin retain moisture and niacinamide absorbs into the skin better. My routine now is first hyularanic then the niacinamide followed by my face cream. So here goes: step 1. 2-3 drops of hyulauronic acid on my palm 2. Rub palms together 3. Pat product onto face. Give it a few seconds to sink in. Then follow the same process for niacinamide. After about a min, apply your face cream as your normally would. My skin looks so refreshed and my scars are down by 70%! Cheers...hope this helps!