Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

Okay i'm absolutely in love with these lippies. The only reason I don't give them 5/5 is sadly for something that plagues a lot of us when formulating a liquid matte lipstick...they are wonderfully pigmented (most of them) and dry up/stay on like a DREAM but at the expense of moisture:( womp womppp. My already dry lips feel pretty stiff/extra dry but can I *really* complain when the color payoff/stay power is so great?

The component is fantastic, it's a clear tube and when you twist the top to close, it clicks! Sooo satisfying. The applicator tip is quite a curvy little doe foot, and I will say that for my skinny/barely there typical white girl lips it can seem a bit too big/wide for me and I have to be extra extra careful not to grossly over-swipe because the product ends up all over my face having me look like some 5 year old who got into mommy's makeup!

So far I have 4 shades, Nudist Peach, Pink Really Hard, Give Me Mocha, and Video Vixen. I will say though, Nudist Peach and Video Vixen are a bit more sheer than the other two, and almost always need 2 coats/layers. Nudist Peach isn't super flattering on me either so I might give that one to my bestie tbh) Pink Really Hard and Give Me Mocha are amazing in pigment. All of them stay so well, so I suppose my other sort of "gripe" would be the removal. Damn these things will stay PUT. Lol you will definitely need mineral oil or baby oil or whatever to remove. Just a plain baby wipe/makeup wipe will not do!

Make sure your lips are EXFOLIATED, MOISTURIZED, and PRIMED before wearing these, y'all! I've made the mistake of not exfoliating way too many times and the results are horrific. In the end, these are my absolute go-to liquid lippie so far-for the price, I'll be collecting every shade for sure!!

I got the bright red one and wasn't a fan at all. Too garish on my fair but neutral skin, went on wierd and made my lips sooooooo dry, I couldn't wait to get it off. I'll try another shade but not this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I was intrigued to try the latest new lip product offering from Wet 'n' Wild. I have Video Vixen, which on me (NW 43/Revlon Colorstay Caramel with heavily pigmented lips) is a deep red with plummy undertones. Actually, 1 coat is a deep red. Two coats take this into lovely vampy plummy red awesomeness.
At first, I was afraid that this would go on patchy, but the thin formula spreads well and evenly onto the lips. The applicator is a little odd; there's a little dip in the doe-foot. I'm able to work with it fine; I just make sure I apply the product to the middle of my bottom lip first so it won't be so chunky and wobbly on the outlines of my lips. It dries down to a light-feeling, powdery finish in about five minutes. After that, your lips are good to go for at least 4-5 hours, even through light sipping and snacking. (I always blot all lip products off before a meal, I prefer to eat bare-lipped and don't mind reapplying afterward)

Overall, this color leaves a lovely finish on the lips with a light feel. It's not overly drying, especially if you have a good lip care regimen. It's a nice product and I'm thinking of picking up another in a more summery color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Some of these are good, and some are really bad. I started off with one of the best, Rebel Rose. This made me curious to buy more, so I chose Nudist Peach and Pink Really Hard. Both are patchy and look awful, and I'm applying them the same way as Rebel Rose. RR is more comfortable and longer lasting. Sometimes pigments just don't work with certain formulas.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wasn't sure how I would like these at first because I am very weary of drugstore longwearing lip products. They either flake off or just look like crap in general.. BUT I was pleasantly surprised. They are very pigmented are not too drying ( to me they feel kind of satiny) and they don't wear off all flakey and they are super cheap. Wet n wild has really been stepping up their game lately. I highly recommend them!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Why is this even compared to the Kat Von D lippies? Blashphemy. This was a total waste of money, crappy, crappy lipstick. The darker colours are god awful, cannot layer it without looking cakey. How was no one talked about the applicator? Save your money and go grab the Kat Von D lippies

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in "nice to fuscia". It is an amazing bright purply pink. Looks awesome and stays put for hours. Many mattes don't go on smoothly but this does.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

We made an instagram account and had multiple girls review the lipsticks. Check it out! https://www.instagram.com/wetnwild_catsuit/
Great dupe for the kylie lip kits.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I AM IN LOVE!
I have the colors Rebel Rose and Give Me Mocha. Beautiful liquid thin opaque formula that has no awful smell. When it dries down, it lasts almost all day on the lips and it fades gracefully too.
What I like most about these liquid lipsticks is that they are not drying after a whole day of wearing them. My lips get hurt and cracked easily but this formula is very forgiving on delicate skin.
I honestly love these liquid lipsticks more than my Kat Von D ones. For five bucks... I am in shock! Love Wet n' Wild even more for this successful launch, hope they expand the color range in the future!

I tried this based on reviews here and returned it. I got Pink something because the selection wasn't great. It has a terrible smell and the applicator is an odd shaped balding doefoot. They skimped on the amount of "fluff" on the wand making application very streaky and uncomfortable. I could feel the hard plastic sticking through which is something I've never experienced in any brand.

The dry down took a while and also about 3 coats to get it even looking. It dried to a very plasticy looking bright pink which I though I'd be able to make work by applying a gloss on top. Didn't work as this feels so dry and awful no matter what I put over it. I am a fan of a lot of WNW products but this one is an absolute no go for me. The screw off top also comes loose very easily. As soon as I tore the plastic off it, it was starting to come out on it's own which I imagine could lead to a makeup bag/handbag disaster.

The smell is a harsh chemical smell which I can't even compare to anything. No taste but overall a really lousy experience. The 1 positive was the price- regularly 4.99 and on sale for 2.99. Still wasn't worth keeping since Rite Aid is very close to me and I'm always in there it seems. I'm in the minority here but wonder how many people had terrible experiences also but didn't bother to write a review.