Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

on 3/23/2017 11:31:00 PM

I was a bit thrown off by this the first night thinking, "there is no way in hell this gritty, greasy goop is going to help this face." I was wrong. I could see a difference the very next day. My old acne scars look lighter, no new breakouts! The best $5.80 I ever spent :)

on 3/19/2017 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am 52 with very dry skin and a lot of sun damage. Results from this, with 2 weeks use are simply amazing, although I am also using Hylamide serum and The Ordinary rosehip oil, so can't be sure if all the benefits are from this product. DRAMATIC reduction in pigmentation, fine lines plumped up and almost gone. Radiant skin - I have been getting unsolicited compliments.

I have in the last few days experimented usi g a small amount under makeup and and it stops me from drying out later in the day. This wouldn't be good under makeup if you have combination or oily skin. I apply very lightly under my makeup, and slather it on at night.

First few days the tingling was pretty intense but they tell you this will happen - it is powerful stuff - but my skin grew accustomed to it after a couple days use, and it is now a must-have.

The product doesn't look or feel that great going on. As everyone has stated, it is initially oily and gritty. With a light application, this goes away pretty quickly. I apply a LOT at night, so the unglamorous look doesn't matter so much when I can count on smooth, plump, glowing skin in the morning. I honestly can't wait to look in the mirror when I wake up, the results are so wonderful.

And it is cheap, cheap, cheap!

on 3/16/2017 10:01:00 AM

This is the shit. Dirt cheap and insanely effective. Please be careful if you have sensitive skin or aren't used to Vit C products. My skin is super inured to crazy things being slapped upon its surface, and even I experience semi-uncomfortable tingling/itching when I apply this. The texture is problematic and it's not pleasurable to use. But this is doing WORK on my hyperpigmentation, clarity, and texture. And that's what I want. I have used at least 5 different kinds of Vit C serums in the past, including Skinceuticals, and not only has this been the most bang for my buck, it has honestly been the most effective.

I use this at night, as my last step. Most of the time I don't use moisturizer over it, since putting literally anything over it is texture hell. But the hyaluronic acid keeps my skin moist. It does take a little while to absorb and you won't look great, but hey, if you use it before bed, it'll be dark right?

The coconut derivatives haven't broken me out in this formulation, and coconut stuff has broken me out in the past.

Seriously recommend if you think your skin can handle it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG, yes!! Okay, the texture kind of sucks; it's a little greasy and gritty. It might cause some itching when first applied, but holy hell! I noticed a difference after 2 nights. My skin looked smoother and more even-toned. Truthfully, because this is a non-aqueous vitamin C suspension, I don't think they could change the formula to be more elegant and comfortable without sacrificing efficacy. I am ok with that. If you want a silky, milky, sweet-smelling spa treat, don't let me dissuade you from looking elsewhere. But, if you want the "Big Guns" and don't mind slathering on a less-than-elegant feeling treatment as long as it gets the job done (and at an amazing price to boot!) get this. Notes: I wouldn't recommend using directly after deep exfoliation. Probably not ideal for super sensitive skin- at least not full-strength. For more gradual absorption of the vitamin c, use on dry skin, not while still damp after cleansing. Some film-forming products will pill if applied over this.

on 3/18/2017 6:10:00 AM

I can totally understand why some people might not like this product, but personally I think it is great. Yes it is gritty and greasy and there is no way I would be able to wear this during the day; however I love this as part of a night time routine. I use this twice a week and have noticed an improvement in my complexion, it is bright, smooth and even. It does sting when you first use it, but after a few applications your skin gets used to it and then it is just a slight tingle that eases. I would definitely repurchase and I am looking forward to trying more products from this brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: I've had to discontinue use after a few months of daily application, due to the significant skin irritation I've had, including a case of angular cheilitis that sent me to my doctor, along with peeling and a neck rash. This stuff is just too hard to tolerate, and I speak as someone using 1% Retin A and 20% azelaic acid with no problems at all. It breaks my heart to say it because it's so cheap! I will use it up mixed in with my body moisturiser and I'm now trying out the Timeless product--skin has calmed down almost immediately.

I think I might be the only person that doesn't have problems using this in the morning, under makeup. Vitamin C is best used in the morning, when it can help mop up UV damage. For me, this doesn't ball up. It doesn't sink in instantly like water based serums do, but the film on the skin is perfectly manageable if you leave it a few minutes. It does tingle but so do all good vitamin C products. The question for me is, how effective is it? How much penetrates the skin and is it enough? It hasn't been clinically tested, unlike Obagi or Skinceuticals, so we don't know, basically. But the Obagi is now £100 and this is £4.90, so it's a risk I'm willing to take!

on 3/10/2017 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my second bottle of this. it's an excellent certain value. As you should with anything new, patch test and work your way up slowly. Don't let the price tag fool you: This is powerful stuff! I've found it to be very effective. The only reason I give it 4/5 instead of 5 is because it leaves a greasy film, so I can only use it at night unless I don't mind walking around looking like a greaseball during the day. It definitely has a gritty texture, byt I like it enough to get used to that. I'm Caucasian with normal, acne-prone, sensitive skin, and I'm 39 years old.

on 3/12/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have used this product for only a week and I can't believe how good my skin looks - I keep staring at it lol. Yes it's grainy when applied but these granules disappear when massaged in. Yes it's quite greasy, but again this absorbs into the skin after 30 mins or so; for this reason it must be used at night as makeup will not apply over it. I was sceptical when buying this as the reviews are mixed, but I thought I'd give it a try as its so cheap. I'm so glad I did - my skin is looking so smooth and revitalised and bumps that have sat on my skin for years are diminishing. An absolute dream of a product imho. Definite repurchase for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is fantastic for me. Yes, it does feel grainy and have an oily texture, but it really does work. I only felt mild stinging for the first week of using it, after that it became a warming sensation that dies down pretty quickly. This is easily the most effective Vitamin C product I've ever used, and for the cost? I feel like I'll be using this forever. It's worth noting that I don't have sensitive skin, and my skin is dry, so the oiliness and the stinging bit hardly even affected me. If you can work past the grainy texture, it's amazing. I used to apply it every night for a few weeks, but once I reached the results I wanted, I use it every other night now. I don't have terrible sun spots but I have a lot of hyper pigmentation from acne that it helped clear. I feel like it helped even my skin tone out all around. TLDR- If you have sensitive skin, or like to apply your Vit C in the morning, under makeup, you might not like this. But for the price, might as well give it a go!

****UPDATE 5/17/17

Okay, I liked this a lot until I started noticing that it was oxidizing my hands and neck. It also starting having major major pilling issues no matter how I used it or what I mixed it with. I will stand by the opinion that this is effective, but hard to use due to the texture. Very saddened by that, because it was extremely effective. I've all but given up at this point on it!

on 3/8/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all this is a highly concentrated form of vitamin C and Hylaronic Acid. This means that if your skin can tolerate it then it will work extremely well. This is the only vitamin C that I have used that has had noticeable positive effects on my skin!

I have an extremely oily T zone and normal cheeks and I use this all over my face on most nights im not being lazy. I dont have sensitive skin so I only felt and extremely light tingle around my nose area but there was no sting and this only happened on maybe the first 4 days. If you have sensitive skin then mix some into your moisturiser just before you put in on your face and you can also spritz your face with water or even better some thermal water if you have it. This is suitable for all skin types only extremely sensitive people should probably stay away.

Ok so for starters, Vitamin C in its natural form is a powder. Yes this means it is gritty, yes this will pill if not used correctly and it will also be oily as powder will take longer to sink into the skin. Although in saying this the grit is very mild (not like a physical exfoliant level). For it not to pill you need to make sure you are layering your other products around it correctly and that you are allowing enough time inbetween each item for them to sink in and not be on top of your skin. For these reasons I will only use this at night or if I am hanging at home for a few hours. Only water based very light products can be used before this e.g. Essence, Toner, and I use The Ordinary Buffet peptide serum. Before putting the vitamin C on make sure you wait about 10 minutes if using these products before hand.

Now onto application. Less is absolutely more with this product. Open it upside down so that a heap doesnt fall out when you squeeze it as its very runny. You'll probably want less than a 5 cent piece. If you use more than this then it will be extremely greasy and take FOREVER to sink into the skin. If you use this small amount then your skin should look shiny although not have a smooth oily texture. It will be gritty to touch if applied properly. Now you also cannot rub it in! This will pill because its powder, makes sense right! Gently push it into your skin quickly, this will ensure no pill.

After half an hour the vitamin C will have melted into your skin through its own water content and then you can apply your oil or moisturiser as per normal pill free.

When I wake up of a morning my face is noticeably brighter, plumper, smoother and more even toned. This really is a miricle product even if it cost over $100 to buy I would still probably buy it. I costs $9.90 AUD though so you may as well give it a go to see if it does work for you. I am going to purchase another 3 bottle's to have on stand buy incase for some reason I am unable to get it again. Please use it as I have described above as some of the other comments I can see that people are not using it correctly. This is HOLY GRAIL!