MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 8/6/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pink/beige loose powder that can be used as a highlighter. I apply it over my blush for sparkle. Compared to Mac Mineralize Powders, this is definetely a lot more glittery than a mild shimmer. A light hand is needed.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i Love this powder so much!! It is so pretty gives you sparkle without over doing it!!

on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!!! I have oily skin and was looking for a highlighter that would give my skin a little glow without looking greasy. Silver Dusk is a very fine silvery/pink loose powder that shows up on your skin with tiny silver sparkles. Makes me look very angelic. I brush it on (very lightly) down my nose, a little on my chin, top of cheekbones, and brow bones. The only thing I don't like is the messy container. Could use a sifter top or something. But you get a TON of product in the tub, will last forever!

on 5/8/2004 5:46:00 PM

If you use a large powder brush and dust sparingly across your cheeks this can give a sweet, innocent "dewy" look. It is also nice for setting eye shadows because the powder is so finely milled and it reads as a more neutral shimmer rather than all-out silver. However, I have to say, out of pure laziness, I prefer to get my "dewy" looks from easier to use cream or liquid products.

on 6/28/2004 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all-time favorite highlighting powders. This is a beautiful translucent powder with a refined silvery pink shimmer. It give my skin the perfect dewy wet look. This is a high quality, versatile powder (I also use this on the eyes and lips). A must have!!!

on 5/5/2004 8:10:00 AM

I have gone through a lot of shimmery products in my search for an HG, and I think this is it. IT! The best ever, most flattering, glowy, subtle, versatile shimmer I've ever had the pleasure of trying out. I first received a sample of this in a swap. There was no label on it, and when I asked what it was, I never got an answer. Well, Fairylite pigment had recently come out and I figured that this was a sample of it. (I had previously tried Fairylite at a store and assumed I had a bad trial) After procuring a pot of Fairylite, this clearly wasn't it. FL is more of a peachy powder with large sparkles. After searching on MAC's site, I realized that my anonymous powder wasn't a pigment at all, but rather the loose shimmer powder. This powder is a creamy smooth pale pink shimmer that blends into my skin until it just looks like I have my own personal flattering light wherever I go. I can also wet a brush and apply the SD to my browbone for a wonderful highlighter that blends in with any look. This powder is neither cool nor warm, so it never looks off. When applied wet it imparts a dewy glow, and dry, it subtly refreshes my everyday makeup. I can happily swap away about a zillion shimmery creams and powders that were somehow wrong for me now that I have this stuff. :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

LOVE IT! This is a magical powder, I swear! Looks great on everyone and you get a TON in the jar! One of my all-time HG's!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful dusted over the chest area for a night on the town with the girls. I don't think that I would put this all-over my face, just a dab on the eyes or the cheeks for that extra sparkle. Love it!

on 4/18/2004 10:27:00 AM

I absolutely love the color.. like everyone said, its a beige shimmer powder with some slight pink and silver tones. Looks gorgeous on and its very versatile but it doesn't stay on. I can put some on.... and 5 seconds later most of its off already :(

Maybe I should try putting it on with a lotion I guess??

I love this product! It is the only Mac loose shimmer powder I own, but I desperately want more! It is a very finely milled shimmery iridescent powder that is kind of silver, kind of pearly, just perfect! When I first got it I went crazy, and wore it on my eyes as well as to highlight, and it looked great.My boyfriend said I looked like an angel! Would definitely rebuy if there was any chance of me ever running out of this!