Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 3/19/2017 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The shadows are super pigmented and easy to blend, and the colours are so pretty! For the quality and amount of product, the price is very reasonable, as it also comes with a dual ended brush which is great quality as well. Such a good product!

on 3/17/2017 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is 100% worthy of the hype it's gotten.

It's truly a beautiful palette with gorgeous colours that I believe will work on any skin tone. The shadows are super blendable, creamy and so luscious to apply. I am not the best at eye shadow application but the few looks I have created using this palette have been really nice and I got compliments on my shadow each time wearing them.

The shadows are very pigmented and you don't need a lot of any colour to achieve the look you're going for so the price point is fair for how long this palette will last you. Because they are so pigmented there is a bit of fall out but tap excess off your brushes and do your eye shadow before the rest of your face to avoid the issue.

I'm pleased with this purchase and if you like warm shadows, I recommend you get it. ASAP.

on 3/8/2017 2:27:00 PM

I ordered this as soon as it was released last summer. The colors, the names of the shades and the palette itself, I just had to have it. I think my problem is I feel like I need to be the 1st one to have things and just have to add things to my collection, even if I'm not necessarily going to use them often. Maybe one day i'll learn. Anyways, regardless of the fact I don't use this that often, it is beautiful and I do love it. I don't go out a lot and I wear glasses, so I think I shy away from experimental makeup for this reason. My favorite shades, the only ones I've really used are vermeer, warm taupe and buon fresco. I loveeee warm taupe in the crease and vermeer on the lid. Beautiful. I was surprised I didn't have anything like vermeer in my collection. I got scared to use it, though, because I didn't want to run out but found a dupe in morphe pressed pigment- champagne nights. My usual everyday look is a shimmery cream on the brow bone, nude on the lid and a light brown on the crease. I switched it up and used buon fresco one day instead of brown and loved it, it's so subtle but just beautiful, esp since I have green eyes. Red ochre, venetian red and love letter are all gorgeous and I need to really try and use these. I'm thinking love letter will be even better in the summer with a tan and venetian red maybe under the eye smoked out with a neutral lid will look cool. Goloden ochre is so strange, but in a good way. Another one I need to really try. The colors are all very on trend, the warm browns and oranges and reds/pinks mixed with some more basic neutrals. Shades are nice, creamy, easy to work with and blend. I'm hoping that once I finally get contacts i'll be more willing to create cool eye looks (i've seen so many beautiful ones with this palette) but for now with glasses I just feel like you can't really tell or it makes my eyes look smaller. Overall I am glad I have this palette and think I would repurchase if I ever ran out. Also, I love the color of the palette. I know some people say the material bothers them but I've kept the box and always put it back in once i'm done with the palette. I think this would be a nice starter palette for someone, too. Loads of neutrals in a good formula, 14 shades, with some pops of colors and current trend shades. I think worth $42.

on 3/9/2017 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a truly beautiful palette, and all the hype about it is justified!

The shadows are gorgeous and inspired by colors found in Victorian-era paintings. The name and soft velvet case add to the allure and I find this palette to be "enchanting" if that makes sense. Let's be honest, when something comes in pretty packaging, it's that much more exciting to use!

The colors are unique and very warm. There are reds, burnt pinks and oranges, umbers, taupe, and gold. All the colors compliment each other in some way and while not all are wearable in a work setting, they'd be great for going out. I can't wait to wear the warm orange and red tones in the summer.

The consistency is smooth but powdery, so there is a lot of fallout as others have mentioned. Because the colors are so pigmented, I don't feel the need to do much more than dab these with a brush anyhow, so I have pretty minimal issues it. Still, I had to give the overall score a 4/5 for this reason.

I'm happy with this purchase overall and would recommend getting it if you've been considering it.

Heard so many good things about this palette so I bought it,. I love the palette itself, it's covered in velvet, very luxurious and soft. There are some shadows in here that I love, I believe one or two metallic shadows (which are my favorite). All the shadows are pigmented which is great, but I wish they would have been more creative with the shadows and included some different colors.

THIS IS SO GOOD. I suck at eyeshadow and these make my life so much easier. There's a good amount of matte shades and theres 2 shimmer shades that are really nice for the inner corner or just on the lid. Realgar is a really special shade in my opinion too because I don't think I've ever seen that type of orangey tan type of colour. You can really make so many looks out of this and they're probably all going to look good. The brush in this palette really isn't bad at all and I use it pretty often. The packaging is a little messy just because the outside velvet part of it collects a lot of dust and gets stained easily. These shadows also have a lot of fallout but I'm not too bothered by that. Just tap off the excess and you should be good. Other than that, this is really good for people who aren't super good at eyeshadow and those who aren't sure what colours look good together.

on 3/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

It was a pain to get a hold of but the colors are lovely. The formula is not my favorite. I prefer their single shadows better for the mattes but they're not bad. They just kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in. The pigmentation is excellent. They blend nicely.
I don't much care for the packaging. It has a furry (can't remember the name for it) coating on the lid which gets dirty fairly easily. I've already stained it. Beyond that, it's that. It's fairly compact.
The brush that comes with it is very nice, especially considering what most palettes come with. All in all I like it. The two reddish/pink colors were the selling points for me. They are stunning.

on 3/7/2017 4:56:00 PM

This pallette is absolutely beautiful! I have loved makeup since I was about 12 years old and now at 37, I still love it but have stayed clear of the more dramatic looks that I wore in my twenties. I was hesitant to buy this pallette because of the rich berry tones that I thought I could never pull off. I finally gave in to the hype and purchased it and I am so glad I did. This is now my favorite eyeshadow pallette. The shadows are so creamy and easy to blend. Believe the hype!! I have used the berry tones to create beautiful looks that I thought I could never wear. You can create lovely neutral looks as well. Very versatile. Use a light hand as these shadows are very pigmented! Before this pallette my go to pallettes were the urban decay naked and the too faced chocolate bar. This Anastasia pallette is so much better!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing palette- the quality is on par with my MUFE artist shadows and Viseart palettes. The mattes are easy to blend and the shimmers are buttery and intense. I can get a tiny bit of fallout with the deeper shades but it's not that bad. Versatile- I can do a dramatic look or a natural daytime eye. It's one of those rare palettes- I love and use every shade, no duds. It has good transition shades, crease shades, liner/ outer V shades. It's all inclusive and I don't have to reach for another palette when doing a look with this. Love it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Such amazing pigmentation on these eyeshadows. Absolutely love his palette and find it quite easily to create lots of looks with it!