Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

i love the way that my skin looks with this bb cream, its light, but gives you the glow you need for the daily basis!

I actually got to test out this product during one of Sephora's free beauty classes, and instantly fell in love with it and immediately purchased. I have never liked the feeling of wearing a full face of makeup, but also want coverage to even out my skin tone and blur my huge pores. This product does exactly that. It's definitely more of a bb cream than a foundation, but does provide light coverage and does a good job of erasing pores without feeling or looking heavy. I am also fair skinned, with cooler undertones and often struggle to find a foundation that matches well but this one definitely does. It has a kind of matte finish - I use a Stila cream blush over this to get the perfect "my skin but better" makeup look.

The packaging is a little odd - it looks like a squeeze tube but has a pump on the end. It's a bit weird, but I think actually keeps me from squeezing out too much product like I tend to do with traditional squeeze tube packaging.

I don't love the price, but like the product enough that I don't mind paying for it!

on 4/8/2016 8:01:00 PM

Though it doesn't directly state it, this is really just a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. It has an SPF of 20 and comes in a tube with a pump. For $34, you receive 1.3 fluid onces of product. There are six shades total: light, medium-light, medium, medium-dark, dark, and deep. The tube itself is very attractive. It is metallic and the packaging is very practical. I find squeeze tubes to be a nuisance because they might get messy and waste product, but this well-designed tube has a pump, which is always a plus. When you first use it, it will take a few pumps to get the product out. I notice immediately how comfortable this feels on the skin. It just sinks in and feels like you are wearing nothing. Urban Decay claims that it has light-diffusing spheres in the formula, but I do not see or detect it on the face. Since it is a cream that is light, it will not provide full coverage. It is light coverage for sure, but that is nice if you want to look very natural or want something that requires just your hands for application. I just like to set this with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and it prevents me from feeling or looking oily. This is something you can apply in a hurry for that natural skin look. I think it would be especially useful during the hot summer months for when you don't want that cakey and heavy feeling.

Some things to consider would be how pricey it is. For something not full coverage, you will be paying $34. It is also not going to be readily available at a drugstore. You have to go into a beauty retailer that sells high-end makeup in order to purchase this product, there really isn't much product in the tube either, but I use very little product every time. I do notice that this can also rub off. This can happen throughout the day or by touching your face, maybe blowing your nose.

I overall love this product. It is lightweight, effortless, minimal, natural, and pretty on the skin. My skin, but a little bit better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials