Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette

4.4

So I stalked this palette for weeks on its first release and didn't nab it, but I was able to find it when re-released. I spent serious time trying to locate this, and I'm so glad I did. It's my favorite palette right now. I'm nw 10 ish with light brown hair and blue eyes, and have never used very warm colors and certainly never orangey ones on my eyes, I have always been afraid of looking like a pink eyed white rabbit with warm colors. But, after seeing these shades on other women, I wanted to try them out. I love these tones, and love how many different looks I can create. If I had one complaint (besides what a pain in the ass it was to find), it would be that i would love to have had a lighter matte brown for a transition color for the crease-but otherwise love the quality, blendability, colors, packaging, and color payoff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The shadows are richly pigmented and the formula seems to be consistent. (the scent is also a bonus) I have either oily eyelids or super dry eyelids . Without an eye primer, the shadows lasted me a good 4-5 hours before it starts fading and around 10 hours, it becomes a really light wash. When I have dry eyelids, the shadows seem to not blend very well (though it is expected) and clings onto the dry spots. With an eyeshadow primer (I either use Too faced shadow insurance or Mac painterly paint pot ) the color stays vibrant for 5 hours + . One complaint is that I wish it would include a darker brown or even purple/black color.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Several people rave about the scent; however, I only smell a faint scent of toilet water, which is not that pleasant so I'm glad it's barely scented. The shades I've been using daily are as follows: Cobbler or Carmelized on the lid. Both are light, middle toned bronze shades. For the crease I use the shades- Puree, Summer Yum, and Candied Peach (all together). These shades are nice in the crease and don't require much blending. I use Peach and Cream all over the lid as a base for my shadows. Overall it's a nice addition to my makeup collection; however, it is definitely a palette that is not a must have item. If I lost it, I would not rush out to repurchase it. I give it three and a half stars.

Update: I've been using this palette daily for more than 2 months now and haven't had a desire to use my other palettes. I really love the natural look that this palette gives me. Just beautiful.

I love the colors in this palette, am neutral on the scent, hate the quality. There is no rhyme or reason as to which shadows are pigmented, smooth, have no fallout, are long-lasting, etc etc etc. In my experience the majority fail on most fronts. I will say that the colors (or at least the IDEA of the colors) are beautiful and well curated. But when they're on the eye that beauty is mostly lost.

Love the little tin it comes in and all too faced collections they are so fun. This one isn't my favorite. Mostly because they don't really have a lot of pigment to some of the colors. I have light-medium skin and oily lids so I always put primer on and still several of the colors just really don't show up. I find I have to apply several coats to get them to even show up at all. So not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again just nothing special about this set. I love too faced chocolate bar that's my go to right now.

Beautiful palette in colors I love, warm browns, peaches and some light and dark colors to blend. The one green color is particularly pretty. I took this as the only palette on a long vacation and it has been versatile. My only compliant, and it one I have with all Too Faced eye shadows, is they do not have a lot of staying power. The metal box is great, a step up from cardboard boxes, especially for travel.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a collector of these Too Faced palettes in metal boxes--and several of them are my go-to shadows. One of the cardboard palettes, Vegas Nay's Stardust is so useful, I use it as my travel palette and bring nothing else. So when the Peach Palette was re-issued, I decided to spend the nearly fifty bucks. Update: This is one of the most popular palettes Too Faced makes but I find it less useful than the Semi-Sweet Chocolate. The mid tones get a bit chalky on me and the shimmers are difficult to get pay-off. I end up with a cakey eye and the darks are not well pigmented. I do my usual mid tone in the crease, shimmer on the lid and dark in the corners but it doesn't always work out. The scent is divine, however and the packaging is cute. But I find I just don't get a great eye look compared to the two chocolate named palettes.

It's a mixed bag (box.) The peach colors are lovely and a nice riff from the browns in the chocolate palettes. How many of us have too many neutral nude palettes? I get tired of brown, so the pinks, peaches and related violet and green look good. There are frosts and shimmers and mattes. It comes with a folder of three eye looks, none of which blew me away. I miss the cards that Vegas Nay did. Those were spectacular. I can't believe the eye looks I get that make my (over sixty) eyes look dramatic and lifted. There are three looks--a plain day look, and two smoky looks. However, through the miracle of Youtube tutorial divas, you can find better ones. Dulce Candy has one I like with violets, very beautiful for you brown-eyed lassies. (I have dark green eyes.) Purples are made for brown eyes, so go view it if you have brown or cinnamon eyes. The other vids I found are annoying in various ways so I won't recommend, but they do show enough looks that work for blue eyes (Caramelized gives that goldish look) and green eyes (the "Charmed, I'm sure" and violets also work well, as does the sienna "Puree.")

I've gotten several really great eye looks from this palette that last all day if you use Shadow Insurance and/or Ochre Paint Pot from Mac. I did a base of Peaches & Cream (champagne peach shimmer), Summer Yum in the crease (sienna mid brown) transitioning to Candied Peach (bubble gum peach pink) and Bellini (pink champagne) packed on the lid. Lined with black liquid liner and black pencil on the water line. Really great look for day.

Most of the colors, especially the light matte, have great coverage. As USUAL, Too Faced seems to have issues with color payoff of the dark shades. I have never found a dark Too Faced glittery color that goes on without being blotchy. "Talk Derby" is such a color--a sparkly blackberry that doesn't go on dark and deep unless you use your finger or wet it for a liner. Tempting (black) peach pit (violet) and Delectable (violet) similarly are not deeply pigmented.

My three favorite colors are Nectar (frosty cream), Puree (sun tan) and Summer Yum (a medium sienna brown.) You can get a good day eye with these and line with any of the dark colors. Peaches and Cream, bisque color and White Peach matte off white are both great base colors.

I still like this palette (the smell is DIVINE and I don't like smells in makeup, so go figure.) The peaches are nice for green eyes and there are some warm browns that are very good colors. I think they could have included a more yellowed color rather than three different violets --I find golds and pale yellows useful, but in all, it's pretty good.

Of the Too Faced big palettes, I'd say Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar (with the blueberry and peanut butter colors) don't overlap, or the Bon Bon palette (bright, blued pinks and violets.) Of all the palettes, perhaps if you had to pick one, it would be Chocolate Bar (neutrals.) But if you don't do browns, and you like peachy tones, this could be the go-to, one palette does it all.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying, I DESPERATELY wanted this palette. Even though I'm very broke this month, I decided to treat myself and purchase this as a holiday present to myself. My hopes were high, but I don't believe unreasonably so. The Chocolate Bon Bons palette is one of my favorite (if not my #1 favorite) palettes in my collection and I've heard great things about the chocolate bar palettes, so I thought this palette would be amazing quality as well. I was wrong.

My first impressions were that MANY of these colors appeared lackluster in pigment even when swatched, and that they aren't as smooth and buttery as other TF shadows. When I attempted to use them, I saw that despite how hard these shadows are, there is a LOT of kickup when you use your brushes on them and plenty of fallout as well. They also crease and become muddied after only a couple of hours of wear. I don't expect, when buying an 18 pan eyeshadow palette, to be a fan of absolutely every shade. However, it's not just a couple of duds. The overwhelming majority of these shades are major disappointments.

The main appeal of this palette is obviously the peach shades, of which there are four. Candied Peach is a bit chalky and its pigment blends away pretty easily, but overall it applies smoothly and looks BEAUTIFUL without extreme effort so I don't really mind. Georgia is okay, not something I see myself reaching for often, due to my skin tone. The shade I was most excited for though, Just Peachy, is quite sheer and takes a looong time to build up on the eyes to achieve an opaque, vibrant look. It also fades quite quickly throughout the day, much faster than I would expect a high end eyeshadow to fade. The last peachy type shade, Bellini, is a similar story, although it's somewhat more pigmented than Just Peachy. Also, Bellini and Just Peachy look very different in the pan but look VERY similar when swatched (Bellini is a bit more orange and Just Peachy has a slightly stronger gold reflect) and are virtually indistinguishable when applied to the eye. I applied them next to each other on my lid and the effect was as if I only had one lid color. I don't see the point in putting two peach shades in this palette that are almost duplicates of each other, when so many people will purchase this palette specifically for the peach shades.

Which brings me to the next highly disappointing shade, Talk Derby to Me. In the pan, Talk Derby to Me comes off as a gorgeous black, chock full of multidimensional violet glitter. When swatched or applied to the eye, it is in fact a chalky charcoal-y color, with no visible glitter whatsoever. I don't mind that the black needs to be built up (I actually prefer a soft black), my issue is how deceiving this shade is. There is a major discrepancy between the way this eyeshadow appears in the pan and the way it looks when applied. It appears to be a unique and daring shadow, when in fact it's just a standard black of non impressive quality. Even worse, there is already another black eyeshadow in the palette, Tempting. Tempting has more prominent black pigment in it and has a small amount of silver glitter when viewed in the pan. However, when applied, Talk Derby to Me and Tempting look EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that Talk Derby to Me takes longer to build up.

A lot of the browns are also quite similar, which I don't mind in itself, but when taken into account with the other shades that are (basically) duplicates of each other, it's a little irritating. There definitely could have been more shade variety, or at least more true to pan application with this formula.

In addition to that, the olive toned shade (Bless Her Heart) is dull and needs to be built up a lot, as well. The color kind of blends away once you try to work with it. The highlighting shade, White Peach is in the same vein. It's a bit more pigmented, though. I can live with it. Just takes a little more work than I'm used to. Other than that, the transition shade I was most excited about (Summer Yum), although highly pigmented, applies quite patchy to the eye and is difficult to blend. The two matte browns in the palette (Charmed I'm Sure and Puree), although nowhere near as bad as Summer Yum, are also a bit difficult. You can still achieve a nice look with these three shadows but you have to work with them much more than with, say, my Lorac, UD, or other TF eyeshadows. For the price of these eyeshadows, this isn't acceptable to me. I don't understand what went wrong with these shades.

Except for a few shades, there is simply not great pigment in this palette, nor ease of use. It takes a lot of time, patience, and building to work with them. The peach shades are unique but the quality is lacking. Even though some of the more standard toned shades aren't bad at all, I already own replicas for most of them that are of equal or higher quality (and from far more inexpensive brands!). I don't know if with this rerelease, Too Faced changed the formula. If they haven't, I have NOOO clue why this palette has as much hype as it does. I regret spending my money on this! It was expensive and I feel ripped off. Unfortunately, due to TF's return policy, I am unable to get my money back. So upsetting.

EDIT: I've also realized that something is wrong with my magnetic clasp, it won't close all the way no matter how hard I try to make it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great peach scent as advertised and the colors are absolutely stunning with good pigmentation and decent longevity. The colors flatter my brown eyes as well. I have been looking forward to trying this for a long time and glad I snagged one from Ulta before they were sold out. The palette itself seems durable and it is so cute.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i love love love this palette! i don't frequently do eye makeup, more of a lipstick girl, but there's so many different colors in this palette it's easy to do any kind of look. the packaging is also to die for!