Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's good, with some reservations...

Pros- I like how small it is and it really is a good eyebrow finishing touch. I use it to emphasize my eyebrows after I fill them in as I find I often have patchiness in them with eyebrow pencil alone. I love how the tiny brush gets really in there.

Cons- If you're looking to only use one product, this isn't it unless you already have really nice brows... I usually use a eyebrow pencil first and then top it off with boy brow. Also the applicator gunks up all the time in certain spots and get all up in your hair and you gotta delicately comb it out (perhaps the space between the bristles needs to be a smidge farther inbetween, or the bristles need to be longer- idk something)

Etc- I love how it's a pomade and not a gel, my eyebrows feel natural and not crunchy. I'll probably bounce back and forth between this and the NYX brow gel... my loyalties haven't been decided yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lately I've been using Hard Candy's Brow Ink in blonde and I really love it, however it does make my brows crunchy and hard. I decided to order Boy Brow when ordering the other colors of Generatiin G and when I received my order the box was empty, which was a total bummer. I contacted their customer service and they immediately sent me a replacement and an actual person sent me an email apologizing, rather than an automated email. I totally appreciate good customer service.

I ordered the Brown color because I felt blonde might be too light for me and not give me the definition or color I'm looking for. My hair is naturally strawberry blonde at the lengths with darker medium brown roots, so for brow color I can usually pull off a darker brow anyway.
The product is small. Not gonna lie. It's about the size of a mini mascara.

It applies wonderfully. The formula is really great. It's pigmented and smooth, applies evenly and is easy to control. The Brown works amazingly well on my brows and gives them more color without being too dark or intense. It makes my brows look natural yet defined and full. This is great for me because I'm in the process of growing out my brows.
The brush is small which is perfect for brows (although not as small or thin and Hard Candy's). It is basically the same size of Benefit's. It provides a lot of control over application and allows you to comb the product through the brow instead of just coating the top.
I'm really impressed with the overall look and effect, and it doesn't make my brows hard and crunchy, yet it still allows my brows to retain the shape after it dries.

My only complaint about Boy Brow is that the wear time isn't that great. About 5 hours after applying I noticed the color had diminished to about half of what it was from applying and my brows were no longer as defined as I expected them to be. This in part is because the color had mainly wore off on the top of the brow hair. I didn't notice any flaking, so I don't know where it went, lol.
This has happened every time I use it and have ended up having to bring it with me when out for the day to do a touch up. This is why I'm only giving it 4 lippies instead of 5. That and the price for the amount of product is a little high, but that seems to be the case with Glossier's products in general (except for the concealer).

I definitely recommend it though because on a whole, it's probably the best looking and feeling brow product I've used yet.

on 4/11/2016 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on the reviews, I seem to be the target for this product (naturally bushy eye brows). In spite of this, I am not a fan. Why not? Because my brow hairs are also long & this doesn't hold them in place. Granted I need a wax for some of the more... quirky hairs... but I just don't understand the hype for this product when there are other tinted brow gels that do the exactly same thing, with potentially better hold, for less money.

All in all, it's not a bad product, just an average one.

on 4/11/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Echoing the reviews that said this product alone will not help if you have sparse brows. Boy Brow emphasizes and thickens the individual strands of your eyebrow hairs, but won't do much if you want to actually fill in or add shape to your brows. I have thin sparse brows with barely any tails at all, and if I wear Boy Brow alone I don't see much difference. I find that it does look nice if I first fill in my brows with a pencil (I use Shu Uemura's Hard Formula) and then go over it with Boy Brow; Boy Brow gives me texture and makes my brows look more 3D if that makes sense. But the downside is that I think there is an irritating ingredient in it - I developed a small itchy patch over my right eyebrow after using it for a few days :( This has happened to me with a few of Glossier products. You'd think I would learn my lesson and stop buying, but their packaging is so damn cute . . .

on 4/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

This is probably a good product for people who naturally have thicker brows. Mine are genetically light and sparse, and this product takes a lot to build color on my brows. I also find it really messy and hard to use "in the lines;" I always need to use q-tips to clean up my brow shape. the wand picks up a lot of product that I have to wipe off on the tube.

That being said, I don't hate it and have found ways to make it work. Best results for me have been with filling my brows in with powder, then setting it with the boy brow. That combo tends to give me almost bushy looking brows which I actually really enjoy. I'm not sure if I'll eventually repurchase. $16 isn't a horrible price but the tube is quite small; it will depend on how long my tube lasts me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love Boy Brow so much. It is the best brow product I have encountered on the market. I've really enjoyed Trish McEvoy Precision Brow Shaper pencil prior to this and finished with a clear brow gel, but this is a slam-dunk two-for-one. It really defines my brows and makes them look the perfect combination of polished but still unruly. You have a lot of control with the product to determine what look you want. It's very buildable, as are all of their products. It also feels natural on- I'm not aware that I have a pomade in my brows. I have bought two more tubes, so I can have one at home, in the car, and in my travel kit!

on 3/28/2016 1:15:00 AM

For me, the Boy Brow is the best part of the Phase 2 launch. It is a life saver for us big and bushy brow girls. It has the best, small applicator that is easy to use. The formula holds all day, which is a first for a gel like this for me. I have very dark brown hair, and I ordered the brown, but next time I would order the black because the brown is ever so light for me. But not a big deal.

I would only recommend this to people with brows that they feel like they need help holding into place. People who have thin brows and are looking for more volume, look elsewhere. This product will only help if you have a good amount of brows to begin with. Sometimes before I use this, I fill in with a powder or pencil to give more volume to my brows, then set it with boy brow.

When using, you have to be careful, and like mascara wands, you have to wipe the excess off into the rim of the container to make sure your brush isn't overloaded.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'll start by saying I have pretty full brows to begin with, my problem is not so much lack of hair but that they're a bit messy. This is the perfect lazy day product I can just swipe it on and go; my long messy brow hairs stay in place all day and the tint actually fills in the few sparse areas that I have and helps give them a nice shape. I love how much fuller my brows look when I wear it.
This really isn't like a regular brow gel, it's waxy which I enjoy because the hair stays in place while maintaining flexibility.
I have dark brown almost black hair so I got this in black, it's great by itself or paired with a pencil for even more definition. I love how small the brush is, very precise.

My only con is the price, the tube is tiny and at $16, a bit pricey. I feel like I can get away with something from the drugstore.

on 3/23/2016 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've never been a huge "brow person," and have barely paid attention to them despite my love of eye makeup. I tweeze conservatively as needed.

Since I've had some great experiences with other Glossier products, I decided to try the Boy Brow since I feel the price is very accessible for this kind of product. I do admit to typically purchasing high-end makeup products, and the Glossier makeup is, to me, mid-range.

I bought the Blonde shade to try, even though my hair color is a medium-to-dark brown. I read that the brown might be TOO brown for my type of color. The Blonde is actually a really great match for a subtle, groomed look. Boy Brow has converted me into a brow person because it's so easy to apply and looks so natural. I've gotten compliments! My brows end up looking like I've paid them way more attention than I really have.

As I've seen with other reviews, this product isn't really meant to create those very drawn-on Instagram brows, or to majorly fill in sparse patches. It also won't give you larger brows if yours are very thin. I would absolutely recommend for those who want to groom their brows and give them more color and shape without requiring tiny little pencil flicks to mimic hairs. I love Boy Brow and will continue to use.

Update: I ordered the Brown color as well, and while it's certainly more dramatic on me than the Blonde, it still matches. I'm experimenting with a combination of both colors to see what happens, but I plan on reserving Brown for "evening" looks and Blonde for my everyday makeup.

on 3/25/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is incredible. I have pretty sparse eyebrows, and this makes them look full and well groomed. I've tried so many different eyebrow mascaras, but this one takes the cake. It takes all of 10 seconds to brush it on and be done.

Popular Brows Products