Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'll start by saying I have pretty full brows to begin with, my problem is not so much lack of hair but that they're a bit messy. This is the perfect lazy day product I can just swipe it on and go; my long messy brow hairs stay in place all day and the tint actually fills in the few sparse areas that I have and helps give them a nice shape. I love how much fuller my brows look when I wear it.
This really isn't like a regular brow gel, it's waxy which I enjoy because the hair stays in place while maintaining flexibility.
I have dark brown almost black hair so I got this in black, it's great by itself or paired with a pencil for even more definition. I love how small the brush is, very precise.

My only con is the price, the tube is tiny and at $16, a bit pricey. I feel like I can get away with something from the drugstore.

on 3/25/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is incredible. I have pretty sparse eyebrows, and this makes them look full and well groomed. I've tried so many different eyebrow mascaras, but this one takes the cake. It takes all of 10 seconds to brush it on and be done.

on 3/23/2016 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've never been a huge "brow person," and have barely paid attention to them despite my love of eye makeup. I tweeze conservatively as needed.

Since I've had some great experiences with other Glossier products, I decided to try the Boy Brow since I feel the price is very accessible for this kind of product. I do admit to typically purchasing high-end makeup products, and the Glossier makeup is, to me, mid-range.

I bought the Blonde shade to try, even though my hair color is a medium-to-dark brown. I read that the brown might be TOO brown for my type of color. The Blonde is actually a really great match for a subtle, groomed look. Boy Brow has converted me into a brow person because it's so easy to apply and looks so natural. I've gotten compliments! My brows end up looking like I've paid them way more attention than I really have.

As I've seen with other reviews, this product isn't really meant to create those very drawn-on Instagram brows, or to majorly fill in sparse patches. It also won't give you larger brows if yours are very thin. I would absolutely recommend for those who want to groom their brows and give them more color and shape without requiring tiny little pencil flicks to mimic hairs. I love Boy Brow and will continue to use.

Update: I ordered the Brown color as well, and while it's certainly more dramatic on me than the Blonde, it still matches. I'm experimenting with a combination of both colors to see what happens, but I plan on reserving Brown for "evening" looks and Blonde for my everyday makeup.

Cannot live without this product. I have tried Anastasia brow gel and black mascaras but this one tops them all. Cannot say that enough. This adds such a nice cherry on top. I usually fill in my brows, and I have to add the boy brow because as it makes my brows look natural since it can get drowned out by the eyebrow powder. You start getting used to applying this with a light hand. Because at first application, it can be kind of heavy, I first start at the tail of my brows and work my way up to the front. I think that has made a huge difference as most of the product gets deposited at first application, so by the time I reach the front of my brows there is very little product left and it grooms those front brow hairs perfectly.

I am Asian, NC35 and the boy brow in Black is perfect.

on 3/18/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used Maybelline and L'Oreal brow mascaras. They flaked a lot. I also tried Anastasia Beverly Hills and it gave me horrible rash. Glossier works well for me. No irritation and flakes.

Two things I don't like about this product is that the tube is awfully tiny and it is too expensive. Glossier, please make the tube bigger!!! :(

I've never been a fan of my brows. They're fairly overgrown and sparse in areas, and for being practically black they are very fine hairs that can seem barely there. I've tried powders, pencils, gel and clear mascara. Even felt tip products, and all make me look like Groucho Marx. Too harsh, unnatural, or obviously drawn in. No thank you to fake looking.

Enter Glossier's Boy Brow. I have everything Glossier has to offer minus their masks and am a big fan, but I was reluctant to get on board with their brow product. After so much disappointment with other products I figured why bother.

But with a great coupon code in hand I figured why not. I got my order within 2 days. Giddy. Boy Brow in shade Black. The packaging was minimalist, cool girl vibe with their signature Glossier pink. Love the tiny smiley faces on the inner panel of the box.

But I'm not in it for the packaging, let's get down to browsness.

I've noticed a lot of people say that there's too much product/waste, but I firmly disagree. The amount of product was a joy to work with- all of my fine hairs darkening and thickening with each swipe. No longer disappearing! The consistency is thick but it applies smooth and matte- no chunks. It also imparts a light tint that helped fill in (not overwhelm) my sparse areas. You could still go at it with pencil or another product prior, but to me the light tint of Boy Brow was enough.

The consistency is waxy and pliable, it makes so much sense for a brow product! The tiny brush head really helps keep your application precise.

It survived sweaty weight training and chips and dip. Came off when I wanted it to. I think I'm in love.

If you're looking for firm shaping and hold along with definition and a matte finish in perfectly understated white tube Boy Brow is a great choice. (It helps if you have a lot of brow to start with.) Look for promo codes too, Glossier is great about having some sort of deal to make up for being online only.

PS If your brows aren't as full I still recommend Boy Brow, just try splitting one spoolie's worth of product between both your brows. No wasted product! :)

on 2/14/2016 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm a C3 Asian with dark hair and eyes and bought this in Black. It's fine, the shade has NO red undertones and tints my brows ever so slightly. Hold is good and I haven't experienced any itchiness from the ingredients. The packaging, however, needs improvement. The tiny brush is great, but the opening is too wide, which means there's a lot of product left on said applicator. I'm a "swipe on and go" kinda gal when it comes to my brows and having to carefully scrape off all the excess brow wax around the opening is a pain. Even then, chances are good that I'll apply too much and have to comb through w/ a clean spoolie to remove excess. For me, it's enough of an issue that I took 2 lippies off. I'd definitely repurchase if they fixed the packaging, but for now, I'll use up my tube and then try something else. UPDATE 3/8/16: In the interest of time, I've started wiping the excess off of the wand with a tissue. The trick is not to look at the tissue afterwards so you don't see all of the product that's just been wasted...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So this is my second review ever on MakeUpAlley, but this product is so fantastic that I felt compelled to post a review.

First of all- let me say that I have tried everything on the market when it comes to brow products- all different pencils, brow pens, waxes, powders, gels, dipbrow. I've even had hairstroke tattooing done. I have naturally thick brows but started waxing at a very young age, which lead to an obsession with picking at them. In any case, it's taken a lot of work to get them where they are now, but they're looking pretty good, with the exception of a few sparser areas that need filling in.

Here's where BoyBrow comes in. Holy BROW it makes my eyebrows look nice and thick and fluffy, but naturally so! The biggest problem I've had with eyebrow products is that it never looks natural- even if you do it like the pros, you can ALWAYS tell when a girl has filled in her brows with something. BUT, this isn't the case with BoyBrow. Up close or far away, it doesn't look like I've put anything in my brows, but they somehow miraculously look exactly how I've wanted them to look.

I am planning to stock up on this. HG HG HG

I absolutely love everything from Glossier, and this is no exception. My brows are in the process of growing back, but still sparse in some areas. I was apprehensive at first to try this thinking it would be lke other brow "gels" but boy brow is totally different. It's more a mousse like texture so it fluffs up my brows. I wasn't sure which shade to get so I bought both the black and the brown. The black works perfect for me . I use the brown for a more natural look. My ONLY complaint with Glossier in general is that they are REALLY slow to restock items that are sold out. I have been waiting for the black to be back in stock for a couple months now. I am literally scraping the tube to get product, and if they don't restock it soon I will be forced to use something else ): Other than that I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was really hoping that this would live up to the hype, but for me it didn't. The packaging is super cute but unrealistic as the wand always has too much product, similar to BeneTint. (Why!!) For my eyebrow color it wasn't a great match. I got blonde but the blonde ended up being too golden for my brows, and an ash or taupe would have been better. Otherwise it is a an okay product and I might recommend it to my brunette or honey-blonde friends.

Popular Brows Products