NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is HG for me. I have never used ABH brow wiz but I have tried Dior, L'oreal and Maybelline and the black Nyx Micro Brow pencil is the best color match for me and is super easy to use. I can go light or dark just depending on how much pressure I use which I also like. I get compliments on my brows all the time now that I use this.

on 11/20/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The reason I bought the NYX Microbrow Pencil is because the Anastasia Beverly Hills pencils were too warm-toned for my eyebrows. I use the NYX color ash brown, which is a closer match.

Comparison to the Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) pencil

Packaging: The NYX pencil has better packaging. The ABH tip with the brush broke after 20 or so uses.

Wear time: The wear time of ABH is longer. The NYX pencil formula lasts about 6 hours then starts to fade quickly. I have found the ABH pencil to last all day (10+ hours).

Formula: The formulas are very similar, but the ABH applies more smoothly. I found the NYX pencil to get a little clumpy.

Colors: The ABH line has almost all neutral and warm toned pencils. The NYX line offers more cool toned options.

on 11/16/2016 2:15:00 AM

ok, I LOVE NYX BUT...THIS PENCIL leaves something to be desired for sure. I'm not even that harsh of a critic but I purchased this is Blonde, at CVS. Upon opening it...I thought "wow this is gonna be great" um no. its so waxy, it hardly left any trace of product and I completely disliked it. this is the first NYX product I've returned. awful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really like this product! The pencil is very thin, which I personally find a must for any brow pencil: it allows you to define and fill in your brows very precisely. I do, however, find the product to be a little bit too soft, making it more prone to smudging. I got it in the wrong color too (which was my own fault. I knew chocolate would be too warm for me, but bought it anyway since the other colors were all sold out), but I would repurchase this in a different shade!

on 11/6/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what color do y'all have.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This seems to be a dupe of the Anastasia one. Sephora had one in their brand, too. My complaint about theirs was that the color stick ran out too fast and the price was too high in my opinion. I tried other products for brows but could not get the precision necessary or the means to make the brows look natural. This does it all. So I found it at Ulta and this time I was smart, I used my coupon and bought two. A word to the wise also, if you like a product and it works well for you-buy a back-up, in case your favorite item becomes discontinued.

on 11/3/2016 10:03:00 PM

If you are looking for a nice medium brown colour - which I was and i chose chocolate, do not choose chocolate as it is not very pigmented and is a warm colour, its more for someone with red hair!

on 10/15/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Really love this brow pencil and have repurchased it countless of times. I even have an extra one in case! It's just like the ABH one, but waaay cheaper. The colour is slightly lighter than the ABH pencil, but lasting power is just as great.

Not impressed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best dupe for the ABH brow wiz!!!!

I personally don't use this as much as I use my Dip Brow, but this pencil is perfect for natural makeup looks. The self sharpening tip is fantastic, and the spoolie on the end is very high quality.

I'm very impressed!!!!!