Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have purchased numerous palettes from numerous brands in my past adult lifetime BUT i must admit that THIS is the HG of them all!!! I do like my UD Naked Palettes for more party wear or if I want to add more colour and sparkle, but I do love this KVD Palette for everyday and low maintenance looks whilst looking sophisticated and natural as it is matte.
I especially love the fact that these are so buttery soft like cream and they last long as the UD eyeshadows without creasing. They blend well (no fuss at all) and the icing on the cake is that it comes with an instructions leaflet on how to use them!!! Did i mention that it also has a HUGE mirror? LOVE!
I am in TOTAL LOVE with this palette!

on 5/6/2016 2:53:00 AM

This is one of my all time fav. pallets. I love how soft and easily they blend.

on 5/5/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

All the shadows in this palette are very pigmented - make no mistake about that. They, however, are also very buttery smooth and easy to blend and matte making it perfect palette for hooded eyes. i love it. repurchasing it for sure.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow really irritated my eyes. After wearing them for an entire day, I couldn't wait to get home from work to wash them off. The Shade and Light face contour palette also made my face tingle, so I think there's just something in these that doesn't agree with me. I have nearly all the other KVD palettes and none of them bother me. I am a big fan of KVD makeup but these weren't for me.

on 4/21/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a superb palette. Shadows are creamy and blend like a dream. I haven't yet been disappointed by a KVD product

Effectiveness: 8/10 I do like the colors except they don't particular match my HG and favourites. This is probably a skin tone issue but I do like the product

Price: Pretty pricey for a palette

I may or may not repurchase. I probably will in the future. Honestly a lot depends how tan I am and what season it is when I am applying the product.

I have hooded eyes and am at that age where sparkle and glitter look ridiculous. I read the hype and was hesitant to purchase thinking this is the new "it" palette of the moment. But I am sure glad I bought this. The palette is heaven in a box--especially for mature, uber sensitive eyes. I LOVE the quality and buttery softness of the eye shadows. They are highly pigmented, blend like a dream and wear well. Because the shades are warm and cool, you can subtly call attention to what you want to by understanding what temperature and tone mean in color. I also use the neutral light butter shade to set my concealer. Other colors in the palette can be used on the brows, etc. This is one versatile, high quality palette. If you can only own one matte eyeshadow palette, I highly recommend this one. Well done Kat Von D!

The shadows are well-pigmented and have a buttery feel.
1. There are many light shades (very important as I usually use them up more than the dark shades)
2. There is plenty of the shade that is great for contouring my nose, it is greyish beige, similar to UD's Naked2
3. The very dark colours are not patchy which they are in many other palettes eg Crave in UD Naked Basics

But they smell of some terrible chemical...

on 3/17/2016 2:13:00 AM

I like it but think the warm shades might be a little too warm for a "bare eye" look for my fair skin. It is a nice palette and I always like how it looks on other people.

on 4/12/2016 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

an amazing palette! great color pay off as well as selection. The shadows are so buttery and smooth! I like how they show you which are cool, neutral and warm so it doesnt start to look muddy! my favorite shade is "laetus", it makes for a great transition shade!