Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

on 7/23/2016 10:50:00 PM

I'm in the minority here...seriously do not like this palette. The colors look really great in the palette, but on the shadows are very chalky. I love Kat Von D products, but disappointed in this.

on 7/23/2016 10:10:00 PM

Perfect neutral pallet! The colors don't look like much, but they're very pigmented, & they enhance your eyes. I used this & I thought "my eyes look pretty today," not my eyeshadow. The packaging is beautiful & unique.

on 7/16/2016 1:16:00 PM

I bought this one when I went to sephora to buy the Naked 1 palette. I liked this one more because of the basic colors. This is the only palette I own of which I use every color. I also use the top left color to set my under eyes.
It's my go-to palette, the colors are really pigmented and buildable.

on 7/12/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My everyday go-to eyeshadow palette! Perfect for "natural" looks or more dramatic looks. The pigmentation is very good along with the blendability.

You can do a lot of looks on this palette but since it's all matte I still do have to reach for other palettes/eyeshadows for a pop of colour on the centre of my lid. The packaging is beautiful, but the shadow names are on the back and I'm a bit confused if the names refer to the shade directly above it. But these aren't major issues for me.

I much prefer this over the Naked (1&2) palettes, neither of which I own but with this palette you don't really need it in my opinion. Overall an amazing palette.

on 7/7/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the few palettes out there, whose overhyped status is based on truth. I was very hesitant to get this one, simply because I have ALOT of palettes, but I decided to go and swatch this baby to see for myself. I was blown away by great quality of mattes! Usually mattes suck, don't you agree? It's easier to find a palette with dry powdery, patchy, sandy, grainy shadows, than a buttery matte shadow. But here she is! A palette full of buttery, smooth, silky, heavily pigmented matte shades! There are no duds, as far as I can tell, all shades perform very well. They blend like a dream, even with my cheap Ecotools brushes, they stay on all day with primer (I always use primer because my eyes are very hooded). I will take this palette on vacation, because this is a perfect palette to get any look done quickly and professionally. I'll also take a few of my beloved Loreal Infallible pigments for a pop of color on the lid, and I'm golden! I wore several different looks with this palette, sometimes by itself and sometimes in conjunction with the beautiful Infallible pigments (I love myself a sparkly lid! ), and got many compliments, even from random strangers. I love this palette, I definitely recommend it, even for those of us, who have seemingly every palette! You will find a ton of use out of this one. Mark my words, after you play with this one and a bunch of single colorful pigments, you'll ditch most of your existing stash in favor of Shade & Light. Just wait and see...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favourite palette ever and i have purchased many palettes. I love how there are cool, neutral and warm quads which work amazingly together and other shades can also work well together. The formulation is also amazing. Such high pigment and colour payoff i can wear these easily without priming the eyes. The black is well very black and when your brush is wet it is great to use as a liner. I love all of Kat Von D products and this is definitely one of her best. Such a well formulated, well thought out product and it definitely deserves the hype it gets.

on 7/6/2016 4:18:00 AM

This palette is idiot-proof. I learned quickly that you only need to tap your brush in - a far cry from the scraping I had to do with my first shadow back in the day (maybelline, revlon, whatever it was, it wasn't good) If you like simple shadow looks that blend seamlessly, and are new to shadows; go for this. Most days this is all I use, sometimes with a bit of TheBalms Mary Loumanizer in my inner corners if I look very tired, and occasionally I'll pat a shimmery shade from the original Naked palette on the lid. I own one other all matte palette - TheBalm's Meet Matt(e) Nude, and while that is quite good, this is more universally usable and the formula is definitely better. It's also fine without primer, which surprised me as I have fairly oily lids.

I'd repurchase this (AU$64 but I got a discount so $57.60). It's holy grail for me, and since I've been minimalising and panning makeup for a while now, that's a big deal for me.

on 6/21/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

update:
I recently got a few more eyshadow palettes and after realizing all the colors that are in this KVD palette are all in my other ones that I have, I ended up returning it. I simply never reached for this when I did my daily makeup and realized I use eyeshadows with the same and sometimes even better quality than these. I do like this palette, however I would only use a few shades and I felt that once applied to the eyes, a lot of the shades looked identical and there wasn't much difference.
I was eyeing this product for quite some time until I caved and finally got it - I am so so so so in love! It's my perfect palette; neutral yet so versatile, and all matte with the exception of the highlight shades. The eyeshadows are so buttery and pigmented, they blend so easily and can be layered or lightly applied to simply enhance your eyes. I really love this palette, and I would definitely recommend it!

The other day, I had just started applying my eyeshadow from this palette when I realized I only had precious few minutes left before I had to leave, and I still intended to do winged liner. And I thought, "Well, thank goodness I'm using this palette!" I messily and carelessly placed my colours down where I wanted them then proceeded to blend with a fluffy brush. And it all just came together. So quickly. That's because these shadows blend like nobody's business. It's a no-brainer. Whether you're in a rush and want something natural, or you have the time to build a multi-dimensional look, Shade + Light is a good choice.
The shadows' longevity is likewise impressive, and the pigmentation is outstanding. Be cautious with the red shade and the darker shades the first time you use it, you really need just the smallest amount.
There's not much to say that hasn't already been said. This palette is a workhorse. Anybody can find a shade in here for their brows, or blend a couple together to make one. And the creamy white shades can even be used to set your undereyes (skintone permitting).
If you're only going to buy one neutral palette (with the capacity for smokey as well), I would make this the one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic eye shadow palette! All of the shades are matte, which is extremely handy as you can either use them in the crease or do a completely matte eye look. They are amazingly pigmented, (a little goes a loooong way) however because they are so soft and smooth, they can have a little kick up when you dip your brush in. Although for the awesome quality of these shadows, I can easily look past that!