Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 11/8/2017 12:14:00 PM

Snagged one of these when it went on sale — I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for its price and I will definitely buy this again even if it's not on sale. I never thought my first review would be on a Maybelline product, but the value-for-money in this foundation really blew me away! This may very well be my new favourite drugstore foundation.

Coverage is light to medium only, so don't expect a lot. It feels light even though I put primer underneath it. It did not make me too oily considering that I have combination skin & I'm in a humid, tropical country.

The only complaint I have would be the packaging. I really wish it came with a pump, but it didn't.

Regardless, I would definitely buy this again!

on 11/8/2017 5:07:00 AM

I have mixed-oily skin. It looks great on my skin for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, and then it starts dissapeiring. Oxide on my skin, deffinitly not buying again.

on 11/6/2017 7:13:00 PM

One of my all time favorite foundations! There’s such a wide variety of shade options and they have wonderful coverage that blends out like a dream! The only downside that I see to this is that it tends to oxidize with certain powders and turns an orangish, only with certain setting powders though I still haven’t completely figured out which ones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so sad this didn't work out for me. The coverage was so nice and the finish was nice though my skin is quite dry since starting retin-a.
But it left me with 3 new breakouts on my forehead and near my mouth where I never get pimples. I hadn't used anything else new so it's definitely this product.
I wouldn't recommend this if you're acne-prone.

on 11/5/2017 11:06:00 PM

Made my skin absolutely disgusting. I didn’t even notice how mad my pores were until this product emphasized them so much. I have combination skin and sometimes it’s dry sometimes it’s more oily. I threw out the entire bottle cause there was no way I could even make it work

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i love how this foundation is available everywhere in my country
not so expensive
but the issue is
it match perfectly on my skin when i use it
but somehow after a few hours, it oxidize so badly on me :(
i'm on shade 220 fyi

as for packaging, i just wish there's a pump on it

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great when it's fresh. However, if you have oily skin, you will get oily again in a few hours. Does not keep you matte.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Last night, I bought this in shade 370 which matched my skin perfectly and went on beautifully. I was like WOW! All this time I could've been saving money by using Maybelline instead of high-end brands. So I go on about my morning. Finish getting dressed. Put my shoes on etc etc. I go to look in the mirror to take the bobby pins out my hair, and my face is that horrid gray/greenish color. This happened with 15 minutes of application. I had to tweak it with some other brand of foundationto feel comfortable leaving the house. I will try it one more time but if the same happens, I'm done with it. Also, I did not put any powder on top that could've affected the foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My excuse for always buying high end foundation was because drugstore brands never could give me what I wanted: full coverage, long lasting, and matches my very light neutral skin tone. That being said I do keep a bottle of whatever is on sale from the drugstore for those days where you're only running errands for an hour or two and don't want to waste your Estee Lauder. I continue to be impressed with Fit Me because it has medium-high coverage, very spreadable and I find it doesn't take much to cover my face and it actually stays on the WHOLE day. I start work at 5am which means I'm putting my makeup on at 3:30 and when I take it off at 7pm it still looks good. No patchiness, no fading, and no melting so I'm making this my go to foundation. My wallet is rejoicing that I'm going from $50 foundation to $5.

The only things I've noticed that aren't much of an issue to me, but could be for other people are :

1) Do not buy this if you have even the slightest dry skin. I almost never do but the super rare times I have a couple of dry patches this foundation clings to it and it looks horrible.

2) This oxidizes. The lightest shade porcelain/110 almost looks too light when I initially put it on (which is an accomplishment in it of itself since I'm so pale) but an hour or two later it looks like I have a slight tan. It doesn't look too unnatural on me so I personally don't mind and lord knows I need the color to look alive

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is what I call a classic backup foundation. A foundation that will do the job when you misplace and/or left your regular foundation at home when traveling. Almost every drugstore has this and the shade range must be commended in a world of too many light and medium shades. It does mattify but I find it has a tendency to melt in more humid conditions. A good old B minus.