Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

I always review before purchasing any type of beauty product, and the high rating made me excited to try this pallet because of the beautiful color selection. These colors don't blend well and the lasting power is disappointing, I tried different looks for about 3 or 4 days until I ended up returning it to sephora. I have the Stilla natural pallet which is similar and I love it.

on 5/10/2015 10:15:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette! Even though it does not offer much of a variety of colors, the quality of the shadows is amazing!

Pros:
I love the packaging! The mirror stays up when the palette is open, so it is very handy.
The shadows are highly pigmented, even the lightest colors have a decent payoff.
They blend beautifully and effortlessly.
The staying power is really good... even after 12 hours of work, my shadows look almost like they did when I first applied them. My lids are pretty oily and I always use a primer. These shadows do NOT fade or crease!
The colors are "organized" by rows, so it makes it easier to get a complete look that coordinates well.
I like the fact that this is a completely matte palette!

Cons:
There is not much of a variety of colors. There top and the bottom rows are variations of neutral browns (one cooler and one warmer), the middle row is violets/plums/purples.
There is some fallout... it is not horrible, but the shadow "kicks up" even with the slightest brush stroke. I hate messy palettes, so I find myself blowing off the shadow from my palette constantly.

At over $40, it is pretty pricey... I was able to use my 20% off coupon at ulta.com, even though the fine print on the coupon says these palettes are excluded (I also got the Two Faces Mattes palette in the same online transaction and got 20% off as well). I remember getting the money off at the store too when I bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Hard, chalky, unpigmented, and difficult to blend. I have to dig and dig and dig with my brush to pick up any discernible shadow, and by "discernible" I mean detectable only because it's gotten cakey. There are far better options for matte neutral palettes available for around this price point - Too Faced Natural Matte, Kat Von D Shade and Light, and It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty all work infinitely better for me. Tartelette has been shoved resentfully in a drawer because I can't yet bring myself to get rid of something I dropped so much money on. Every time I take it out, I hope it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, and every time, I am disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This palette has become somewhat of a staple for me. The colors are a mix of warm, cool, and plummy, ranging from light to dark. Matte neutral palettes seem somewhat difficult to come by, so when this came out, I waffled for a bit, did some research, and bit the bullet. It really is quite versatile, in that you can create a myriad number of looks with just this palette, or use it in conjunction with some shimmer, metallic, or more colorful shades. I find the texture to be above average blendability and pigment, but I actually enjoy the fact that they don't pack an in your face punch. It's just a very wearable, versatile neutral palette with colors that flatter my skintone and can be used in a ton of instances.

on 4/10/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I love that this palette is matte and neutral - that is so hard to find! There are some gorgeous colours in there that I can use for many different looks. My only complaint is that the shadows are not that easy to blend - you have to work at it. I am still happy to have a matte palette though and would repurchase.

on 5/7/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do like this product, it was my first tarte product and I love it! The shadows range from warm to cool. There is a very nice grey in there thats unique. I like the texture of the shadows, they are easy to blend and last long. The black is hella pigmented and my favorite colors are a dusty pink and deep eggplant. I recommend if you like matte shadows.

on 3/20/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a fan. The colors are hard, not easy to pick up and not pigmented on the eye. For the price, there is better. I just picked up the Too Faced Natural Matte Eye and it is by far better in all the ways I listed above.

on 4/9/2015 8:49:00 AM

Wow, such great reviews.....I was fine with the darker colors, but on me, the lighter colors came out chalky and dry looking....with that said, I returned it.

on 3/21/2015 2:47:00 AM

At some point or another you grow up and can't wear glimmery shadows pn a day to day basis. This palette is very mature and neutral for everyday use especially . However, it must be used with a primer, I find it does work best with the tarte primer otherwise it doesn't apply as well and ends up creasing and looking chalky. Lastly blending is key, if you don't blend well it'll look cakeyish same goes for over applying this shadow. I love this palette and my favorite colors in it are best friend and bombshell they compliment brown eyes :))

on 3/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I see an all Matte palette I have to have it. I'm not the biggest fan of Tarte eye shadows. I purchased the Be Mattenificent palette when it was relesed and returned it with in a week. I actually like the Tartelette Palette and since I cashed in my Ulta points for this I only ended up paying like $4. While I do enjoy using it would I repurchase if I lost it tomorrow probably not. The shadows IMO are pigment, but don't have an over load of pigment which doesn't really bother me. Sometimes when a matte dark Brown or black has to much pigment they could be hard to work with if your just starting out or even a seasoned vet. I actually display this on my vanity because I like the packing. It has an awesome USABLE mirror and when I travel this is the palette I normally bring since It does have a good mirror. Even though I already own these colors in my collection I still make use of this palette.