Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Good quality. Worth every penny.

on 6/25/2015 6:23:00 AM

Let's talk packaging to get it out of the way. I had to exchange my palette twice to get a one that wasn't faulty. I'm not sure if Tarte is mass producing and as a result lacking in quality or whatevs (it was sold out everywhere and coveted by many, I geddit) but a palette wouldn't shut properly and then another palette showed signs of rough plastic from manufacturing fault - you made me slice a finger, Tarte! I love makeup but I'm not sure it's worth losing blood. Final palette is fine. Gold plastic which sadly attracts fingerprint smudges. The lid is hard to open - must dig nails underneath to pry open.

But pry it open I will because the shadows inside are great! I like that they're all matte and appreciate the idea of warm (1st row), neutral (2nd row) and cool (3rd row) shades. I wanted this palette solely because I wanted more transition shades. This palette at $64AUD made more sense than buying a MAC eyeshadow at $33AUD each.

🔹 Pigmentation is dense and smooth. On par with Lorac in terms of pigmentation except Lorac is easier to blend.
🔹 Blending will require slightly more effort in comparison to glittery eyeshadows as matte shadows tend to be more tightly packed
🔹 Don't have any issue with patchy eyeshadow (use a clean brush to blend!)

🔸 The first column of shades are very similar once on the eyelid. Similar issue with Force of Nature and Wanderer.

I swatched all my matte eyeshadows to find dupes and found similarities or if not dupes across a bunch of palettes. (Wet N Wild palettes in Lust, Greed and Vanity - all the matte shades on the left hand side are comparable to MAC/Tartelette/Makeupgeek)
Tartelette VS Lorac Pro
Free Spirit/Supermom > Cream
Caregiver > Lt. Pink
Force of Nature > Taupe + touch of Cream
Natural Beauty > Mauve
Wanderer > Taupe + Cream
Dreamer > Sable + Taupe
Bestfriend > Mauve + touch of Espresso
Power Player > NO LORAC DUPE (Espresso + touch of Black is close though)
Multitasker > Sable + Espresso
Bombshell > NO LORAC DUPE
Fashionista > Black

I didn't really need the Tartelette after all. Still a very gorgeous palette.

I always review before purchasing any type of beauty product, and the high rating made me excited to try this pallet because of the beautiful color selection. These colors don't blend well and the lasting power is disappointing, I tried different looks for about 3 or 4 days until I ended up returning it to sephora. I have the Stilla natural pallet which is similar and I love it.

on 5/10/2015 10:15:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette! Even though it does not offer much of a variety of colors, the quality of the shadows is amazing!

Pros:
I love the packaging! The mirror stays up when the palette is open, so it is very handy.
The shadows are highly pigmented, even the lightest colors have a decent payoff.
They blend beautifully and effortlessly.
The staying power is really good... even after 12 hours of work, my shadows look almost like they did when I first applied them. My lids are pretty oily and I always use a primer. These shadows do NOT fade or crease!
The colors are "organized" by rows, so it makes it easier to get a complete look that coordinates well.
I like the fact that this is a completely matte palette!

Cons:
There is not much of a variety of colors. There top and the bottom rows are variations of neutral browns (one cooler and one warmer), the middle row is violets/plums/purples.
There is some fallout... it is not horrible, but the shadow "kicks up" even with the slightest brush stroke. I hate messy palettes, so I find myself blowing off the shadow from my palette constantly.

At over $40, it is pretty pricey... I was able to use my 20% off coupon at ulta.com, even though the fine print on the coupon says these palettes are excluded (I also got the Two Faces Mattes palette in the same online transaction and got 20% off as well). I remember getting the money off at the store too when I bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This palette has become somewhat of a staple for me. The colors are a mix of warm, cool, and plummy, ranging from light to dark. Matte neutral palettes seem somewhat difficult to come by, so when this came out, I waffled for a bit, did some research, and bit the bullet. It really is quite versatile, in that you can create a myriad number of looks with just this palette, or use it in conjunction with some shimmer, metallic, or more colorful shades. I find the texture to be above average blendability and pigment, but I actually enjoy the fact that they don't pack an in your face punch. It's just a very wearable, versatile neutral palette with colors that flatter my skintone and can be used in a ton of instances.

on 5/7/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do like this product, it was my first tarte product and I love it! The shadows range from warm to cool. There is a very nice grey in there thats unique. I like the texture of the shadows, they are easy to blend and last long. The black is hella pigmented and my favorite colors are a dusty pink and deep eggplant. I recommend if you like matte shadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Hard, chalky, unpigmented, and difficult to blend. I have to dig and dig and dig with my brush to pick up any discernible shadow, and by "discernible" I mean detectable only because it's gotten cakey. There are far better options for matte neutral palettes available for around this price point - Too Faced Natural Matte, Kat Von D Shade and Light, and It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty all work infinitely better for me. Tartelette has been shoved resentfully in a drawer because I can't yet bring myself to get rid of something I dropped so much money on. Every time I take it out, I hope it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, and every time, I am disappointed.

on 4/10/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I love that this palette is matte and neutral - that is so hard to find! There are some gorgeous colours in there that I can use for many different looks. My only complaint is that the shadows are not that easy to blend - you have to work at it. I am still happy to have a matte palette though and would repurchase.

on 4/9/2015 8:49:00 AM

Wow, such great reviews.....I was fine with the darker colors, but on me, the lighter colors came out chalky and dry looking....with that said, I returned it.

on 3/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I see an all Matte palette I have to have it. I'm not the biggest fan of Tarte eye shadows. I purchased the Be Mattenificent palette when it was relesed and returned it with in a week. I actually like the Tartelette Palette and since I cashed in my Ulta points for this I only ended up paying like $4. While I do enjoy using it would I repurchase if I lost it tomorrow probably not. The shadows IMO are pigment, but don't have an over load of pigment which doesn't really bother me. Sometimes when a matte dark Brown or black has to much pigment they could be hard to work with if your just starting out or even a seasoned vet. I actually display this on my vanity because I like the packing. It has an awesome USABLE mirror and when I travel this is the palette I normally bring since It does have a good mirror. Even though I already own these colors in my collection I still make use of this palette.