Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/18/2016 2:00:00 AM

PROS:
1. Wonderful selection of shades
2. Great color payoff (for most shades) and applies well.
3. Comes with a double ended shadow brush.
4.Comes with a generous mirror.
5. Wonderful and unique packaging!
6. Comes with four primer samples (UD primer potion).

CONS:
1. A couple of shades need to be packed on because they lack pigmentation.
2. Very expensive for a palette with 12 shadows only.
3. Noticed some fall out.
4. Some shades feel chalky. Need to tap off brush.
5. Shadows crease a bit even with primer on but that must be because I have oily lids and live in the tropics!

I have to confess, I was attracted to the packaging first which made me lust over the palette. But when I got to read reviews of this product and have seen swatches online, I realized just how wonderful the shades are. They do apply well and are blendable. They do not have the buttery texture, which I prefer in eye shadows but nevertheless they perform great. Using the UD primer potion, the shadows last all day with a bit of creasing (I tend to have oily lids especially on this warm tropical climate).

Overall, I think this palette is a great addition to your makeup collection. I mean, the packaging alone sold me out. However, I think I could settle for cheaper brands with similar rose-hued shades. I am a sucker for soft and buttery eye shadows so this one just did not cut it for me plus it broke my wallet. Definitely a splurge!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

When UD released this palette, I got really excited about it and I knew I had to have it because I was going through a phase where all I wore was pink/mauve eyeshadow. I remember using the mauve shade in my Lorac pro palette every day and mixing it with nude to create the ultimate shimmery/pinky lid color. Last year, I added the palette to my growing collection and to be honest, it isn't my favorite. I love the shades strange, burnout, limit, trick and nooner but I find that a lot of the dark shades look the same once they're on my eyes and the dust shade I was excited about ended up being very chunky and just too glittery. I feel like I always need a good primer when I wear some of these shades or else they will end up all over my face. I do love this palette, but I feel like some of these shades are a lot better then others and I think it is a bit over priced.

on 1/31/2016 1:11:00 PM

I've given this some time, and have to say I wouldn't buy it again. The shades may look different in the compact, but most of them look too similar on. The colors are kind of...boring. I also don't find them to be as pigmented as the UD singles, especially the shimmer shades, which is really disappointing. To make things even worse, some of them lack staying power, even with primer. The deeper matte shades aren't bad, but I barely use them, because I don't like to use crease defining shadows anymore (too much shadow in these areas accentuates fine lines on my eyelids)

I do love the shade "Buzz", which is a gorgeous sparkly pink. And Blackheart is really pretty for lining...but all in all, this is a boring palette for me and was not worth the money. I think it's the lacking in pigmentation that is the most disappointing, I was expecting more, because I love UD singles, and have another UD palette (not a Naked) that works great. It's too bad, cause I'd find a way to use all the colors if they at least looked rich and lasted like my other UD shadows.

on 2/10/2016 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall this is a good palette to have especially if you are a makeup junkie or a makeup artist. But for beginners, this may not be the best choice. The colors are rose-toned so for basic everyday use, it's really better to stick with soft browns and more neutral warmer shades.

With an eye primer, the texture and blendability is great. Though there are some I think 3 shades that are very glittery so those colors are good for a bold eye look for a night out. I tend to use this palette on clients by mixing shades with other shades from different eye palettes coz I wanna make sure that I still tend to use this palette regularly.

Although I love Naked 3 coz it's the one I bought, I now can say that I think the colors of Naked 2 are much better, in my opinion.

on 1/31/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the NAKED3 palette after absolutely loving the original NAKED and like the original, it has a lovely selection of good quality eyeshadows which seem to stay put all day (as expected!).

However, I just don't think these colours are for me. I have a light-medium skin tone, with dark brown hair and dark brows, and when I apply some of these shades they are just a bit too pink and shimmery for my liking.

I am going to keep trying with some different combinations, and maybe watch a couple of YouTube tutorials for inspiration but I definitely think that this palette is much more suited to lighter skin tones and colourings.

Also, the packaging on this one seems a bit plastic and clunky.

on 1/31/2016 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have both this and the original Naked palette and I love both of them. The colour selection is blendable, very pretty and quite pigmented. In my opinion this palette looks good on anyone but I am very impartial to the colours. The only issue I have found with Urban Decay eyeshadows is that often have significant fallout, however If you can work past the fallout they do last all day and I found they don't crease even without a primer. They are quite expensive but if you feel like splurging on a great eyeshadow palette any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes are worth the money, I couldn't recommend this more!

on 1/30/2016 4:11:00 PM

no matter what colours you use in this palette, it all ends up looking the same, i hardly use this palette, and i even left it back in the Netherlands now that i moved somewhere else for work.

on 1/28/2016 1:27:00 AM

I like this palette better than the second one! It has really nice pink/rose toned shades. Perfect for a princessy or day to day look without looking too harsh/dark.

on 1/22/2016 10:59:00 PM

This palette has a nice range of colors and I use most of them (I don't use Blackheart...too daunting for me!). The shimmer colors are really nice, but I tend to use the mattes more out of personal preference. Is it worth $54? I think it depends on how you look at it. You could probably find similar colors and achieve a similar look, but you most likely wouldn't be able to find eyeshadows with the same creaminess as UD's.

I see this is a hit or miss for everyone. The rose gold is definitely not your every day shades like your typical browny naturals. For me, I don't reach out of this palette all the time but believe it or not this is the first palette I ever bought! I had never been, still am not, an eyeshadow girl but every time I visited Sephora, I always play around this palette.
Now to begin, my skin town is your typical golden undertone Indian skin tone. I do run on the end of the medium shades (in between NC37 and NC42 in MAC Studio Fix, nc40 is too pinky on me + MAC F&B c5, and NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona) . Rose-golds are not suitable for all skintone so yes place swatch before buying! However on my skintone, I found them surprisingly suitable! I really think this palette can work well for skin tones that are olive or golden in undertones.

Now everyone has been saying how the colors look the same. From a first glance and first swatches, yes the colors do look very similar but the key thing here that they all have different textures. I think that's what helps make this palette still versatile. Some have glitter chunks, some have micro glitters, and some are plain matte! The key with this palette is that you have to play around with all the shades and find what looks work. The only shades I don't use is Strange (unless for the rare occasion I use it as a base) and Darkside (I usually don't like grays at all). Dust has crazy fallout but with a good eyeshadow base, this shade will definitely last. Sometimes I like to use as a wash of sparkle over my eyelids and darken up the outer v with a slightly deeper shade in this palette. Another shade I use, probably most often, is Trick. It's a beautifulll shade. The trick for Tick (lol) is to use the color wet! Darkside is a great out V shade for a smokey look. To get the best out of it's microshimers, use it to set a black liner and you can get a sparkly spacey looking black liner look xD! Limit and Nooner are great base and crease shades. The only con is that there aren't enough mattes in this shade but for rose-golds, I prefer them to be shear or shimmery.
The original reason I bought this palette is for parties (which I rarely go to haha) and Indian weddings. The colors look fun and grand. But now I find this palette useable for any occasion!. Def will repurchase (which wont happen for a long time since I have soon much product left - def worth the $$$$).