Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

on 11/23/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I went to buy a CC cream I tried all I could fine and none of them worked as well as the Chanel. It has the perfect amount of pigment and goes on smoothly. It doesn't cover my Rosacea but almost nothing does so I use a green concealer underneath and my skin looks flawless.

The price is worth it for me -- if there is one thing I'm going to splurge on it's this. The only downside is as others have noted it doesn't last that long. I recently ordered the Ben Nye final seal spray to see if it will make a difference, based on someone's suggestion here.

Not sure what is bothering people about the smell. It smells like all Chanel products.

I don't use a lot of a Chanel products but the ones that I do, like their intense ultra lip color and nail polish, nobody does better. I put the CC cream on that list.

on 11/20/2013 9:20:00 PM

Wonderful! I received a sample of this and fell in love with it once I used it. It's very moisturizing and gives you a dewy glow. I have acne scarring and it doesn't cover it up so it's really light. Would use a concealer and powder ontop!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this cc cream a couple months ago. It was a beautiful match for my skin (in MAC terms I'm an NC10, pale but golden) and the finish was very nice. I liked it a lot. But I had to return it. Because the strong perfume smell was overwhelming and did not fade. A couple hours after application it was so perfumey that it was literally making me nauseous and I had to remove it. I would definitely repurchase if it was reformulated to have no or a lot less scent, but in the meantime, no way.

on 10/29/2013 3:03:00 AM

I was skeptical about buying this after reading all the reviews. But still, I'm pretty curious, so I bought it last week.
When I first use it, I have to admit it was quite difficult to apply cos it gets absorb rather fast. It has a mild scent that disappears almost after you have blended it in to the skin.
A little CC cream does the job on the coverage. It made my face looks natural & it feels light. For the past few days it has been really hot & I perspired more than usual, the make up is still in tact.
No outbreak for me. *fingercross*.

*Update: I am not sure if its the CC Cream or my eye liner...cos my face starts to get oil around noon and the mascara or eye liner will start to smudge. I am done once I finish the remaining of the CC cream.

on 10/24/2013 12:54:00 AM

I bought a Chanel CC Cream as it was recommended by my friend. I like its smell and of course its color is really nice. Everything almost perfect, yet, it was said that oil-free for all skin types, for me it's getting worse.. And I think the price is quite expensive for a tiny cc cream ... Anyway, if you have good powder to cover it then you can buy it again as its color is pretty nice!!

This is my everyday go to foundation because its very natural looking and covers a lot without looking cakey and thats saying a lot because i have larger than normal pores and ugly red acne scars all over the sides of my cheeks. Because this has hyaluronic acid in it to moisturize it does tend to make my face look oily pretty quickly however thats no real problem i just blot it off and I'm good to go. It's really easy to apply with a wet sponge. The color is very pale so I would only recommend this to those in the fair range.It works for me cause I'm fairly pale and the color really adjusts. I also have sensitive acne prone skin and this doesn't seem to worsen it. So all in all I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for a quick all in one coverage, has fair skin, and wants a beautiful natural glow!

on 8/28/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So like all Chanel this is definitely a splurge item IMO.

I swatched this in the store and couldn't wait to pick it up.

It's funny one of the biggest criticisms of this CC cream is that it comes in one shade.-- I think that one shade is "beige"-- but yeah, it's a little bizarre.

I find myself really difficult to match-- I am nc15, very warm and a lot of yellow in my skin. I would wear sand in bobbi brown and buff in revlon CS. I feel like *most* foundation brands really neglect my skin tone which is a super light yellow olive that borders on fair. Most foundations have light shades that pull too pink.

So astonishingly, this one shade of chanel CC cream happens to match my skin perfectly. I took that as a sign that we just needed to be together.

The pros:

--SPF 35 and the sunscreen is a physical sunscreen. I believe titanium dioxide. (This was one of the bigger motivators for me to switch from smashbox was that I wanted just a physical ss)

--perfect color match (for me). Will match you if you wear CS buff, are nc15-20, ELDW bone, bobbi brown sand, MUFE HD 117, etc...

--really decent coverage for a CC cream (when you first put it on you're basically flawless)

- blends well
- did not seem to irritate my skin

Now on to the Cons:
- expensive. I don't feel like quality justified the cost. This is another product where I felt like I was paying for the name "chanel". JMO

- does not last on skin. I used a setting powder and still only got about 4-5 hours of wear before my hyper pigmentation marks were almost totally visible. For me it's average coverage-- I think it wore as well as Smashbox. Wore longer than Nars TM and much much longer than Tarte BB, which is *not* long lasting at allll (on me)

- biggest CON of all *and* the reason I returned the product. THE SMELL!! OMG this product smells terrible. I can't explain it-- it's almost like a chemical strawberry or watermelon scent. But it's so artificial it almost has a BO quality to it.

I don't like fragrance in my products. I don't mind a sunscreen or paint smell that is often found in foundations/BB/etc-- that I don't care about, but I really can't stand perfumed facial products.

First off, fragrance tends to be a big irritant for me-- especially putting it near my eyes. This fragrance didnt cause any physical irritation-- but it was pretty relentless. I kept waiting for the smell to dissipate or at least lessen and it never ever did.

I walked around smelling like BO and watermelon for what seemed like forever.

It was very offensive to the point of it being a chore to wear, so at that price I couldn't justify keeping it :(

Can't stress enough- if you're pale and yellow like me it is a *great* color match though.

Oh well

on 8/16/2013 7:10:00 PM

This cc cream is perfect for my light skin. It is super hydrating, and I don't need to wear a moisturizer underneath, I just use clinique step 2 to tone. It looks great on, like my natural skin, but better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been on the lookout for a new BB/CC Cream since the Etude House one I've been using wasn't really doing me any favors regarding the oil. My mom and I then both bought our own tubes of Chanel CC cream. It worked well for her, but for me, it didn't, even if I apply Chanel Universelle Libre afterwards. By mid-morning, I am found to be grabbing tissues and dabbing them all over my face. With the amount of product that ends up on the tissue, you'd think that I slathered on a teaspoon of product as opposed to the one dot that I use. I am not a fan of the smell either. To me, it smells like fish, but it only lasts until the product settles on my face. I'm still currently using this one as I am eyeing the Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation and it is not available locally.

on 8/15/2013 5:47:00 PM

I will never buy this product ever again. I did my face with Chanel CC cream and went hiking for two hours on a super hot and humid day. My face was completely melted after 30 mins and it even became so sticky that the tissue I used to wipe off sweats got stuck to my face. Very disappointed. I threw it away even though I still got more than half left.