Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

After reading lots of good things, I came home with a very generous sample of this.
I always think, this is going to be the one! But this time, like so many others, I was wrong.
For me, it is very dry and chalky. The color is fairly yellow. I have tried it over moisturizers, under foundations, by itself, on good face days and bad face days. This morning was the day I admitted defeat and tossed the remainder.
It's so dry looking. It emphasizes every wrinkle and dry spot on my face.
I'm happy for those who it works for, but for me, this is a fail.

on 1/21/2014 1:56:00 PM

I love this cc cream it wears great really brightens your skin has great coverage for a cc cream I have combination skin this does not get oily or cakey Evan after13 hour's of wear love this well worth the money

on 1/15/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to wash this off after 3 hours because the smell was so strong. The next morning a rash appeared on my cheeks and my eyes were red, itchy and bloodshot.

I have good skin and don't need much coverage - so this could have been a decent product, but of course, Chanel had to marinate the formula in perfume. I wouldn't spray perfume directly on my face and that's what this CC cream basically is. Returned.

on 1/10/2014 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have an small acne problem around my chin & jaw line, I also have a few acne scars around my cheeks, so finding a good foundation to help cover a few of my facial flaws away is sometimes a little difficult. I decided to use CC cream to see how it can help with my problem, my face tends to get really oily & around my nose area gets very dry. When applying the product it felt very heavy on my face, it has a perfume smell to it but for me, the scent really didn't matter to me. Then I finished off with E.L.F powder. So far I've had it on for at least 5-6 hours & I feel uncomfortable with the foundation, it hasn't help with my dryness around my nose area, basically feels like I'm wearing a mask. So as my result & my opinion to this product is that I did not like how it came out, there were few dry patchy spots on my skin that the cream did not moisturize. If anyone who has the same skin situation as me, I would not recommend this to them.

on 12/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

CG 3-in1 foundation is a Dupe! Extremely similar texture and finish but higher coverage. This one has a tin foil shine to it. Its alright but not worth the price tag and heavy fragrance. Also caused a few bumps after a few uses. much prefer the CG! Wont repurchase (xmas gift). Also it dries really quicky. Those with dryish skin this might emphasize flakes. The silicone formula does however fill up pores. Be sure to oil cleane with this.

on 11/23/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I went to buy a CC cream I tried all I could fine and none of them worked as well as the Chanel. It has the perfect amount of pigment and goes on smoothly. It doesn't cover my Rosacea but almost nothing does so I use a green concealer underneath and my skin looks flawless.

The price is worth it for me -- if there is one thing I'm going to splurge on it's this. The only downside is as others have noted it doesn't last that long. I recently ordered the Ben Nye final seal spray to see if it will make a difference, based on someone's suggestion here.

Not sure what is bothering people about the smell. It smells like all Chanel products.

I don't use a lot of a Chanel products but the ones that I do, like their intense ultra lip color and nail polish, nobody does better. I put the CC cream on that list.

on 11/20/2013 9:20:00 PM

Wonderful! I received a sample of this and fell in love with it once I used it. It's very moisturizing and gives you a dewy glow. I have acne scarring and it doesn't cover it up so it's really light. Would use a concealer and powder ontop!

This is my everyday go to foundation because its very natural looking and covers a lot without looking cakey and thats saying a lot because i have larger than normal pores and ugly red acne scars all over the sides of my cheeks. Because this has hyaluronic acid in it to moisturize it does tend to make my face look oily pretty quickly however thats no real problem i just blot it off and I'm good to go. It's really easy to apply with a wet sponge. The color is very pale so I would only recommend this to those in the fair range.It works for me cause I'm fairly pale and the color really adjusts. I also have sensitive acne prone skin and this doesn't seem to worsen it. So all in all I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for a quick all in one coverage, has fair skin, and wants a beautiful natural glow!

on 10/29/2013 3:03:00 AM

I was skeptical about buying this after reading all the reviews. But still, I'm pretty curious, so I bought it last week.
When I first use it, I have to admit it was quite difficult to apply cos it gets absorb rather fast. It has a mild scent that disappears almost after you have blended it in to the skin.
A little CC cream does the job on the coverage. It made my face looks natural & it feels light. For the past few days it has been really hot & I perspired more than usual, the make up is still in tact.
No outbreak for me. *fingercross*.

*Update: I am not sure if its the CC Cream or my eye liner...cos my face starts to get oil around noon and the mascara or eye liner will start to smudge. I am done once I finish the remaining of the CC cream.

on 10/24/2013 12:54:00 AM

I bought a Chanel CC Cream as it was recommended by my friend. I like its smell and of course its color is really nice. Everything almost perfect, yet, it was said that oil-free for all skin types, for me it's getting worse.. And I think the price is quite expensive for a tiny cc cream ... Anyway, if you have good powder to cover it then you can buy it again as its color is pretty nice!!