CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

I have a sample of this which I used on half of my face and compared to Clinique's Even Better SPF 15 foundation. They feel and smell the same. Minimal odor but identically greasy to the touch. The BB just has a bit more shine to it, likely due to the metallic ingredient concentration (pardon my laziness to go look at the tube for exact names) being twice as high in order to make the SPF twice as high. They both truly do work as a pretty good sunscreen. I can walk outside in hot sun for several hours and there will be no indication afterwards of having done that with these on. But I look like a greasy shining butterball face while walking around, especially with the BB.

on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

like with all of cliniques foundations/face makeup, this was way way way too pink. i dont understand why they do this. it was last straw with this one. if you have skin the color of a hot dog then you can wear this but it will only work for people with really dry skin.

on 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have super dry skin - to the point where finding the right foundation is a major pain because I need liquid and moisture that will also not accentuate any dry patches. But sometimes I just don't feel like wearing foundation yet I do want some coverage so that I don't frighten the masses with my unpainted face when running errands. My skin is also very red and needs neutralization. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream solves these issues with ease, as well as additional benefits. [I am NC 30 usually and the light/medium shade works for me].

Pros:
Its thick enough it mimics foundation and spreads and blends easily. I feel it provides light medium coverage, which is great - it covers redness, blemishes, and evens out your entire skintone nicely. It leaves a great dewy look finish which I love and if it gets "too dewy" throughout the day I just blot with a tissue and continue on with my day. It looks very natural, which is great, and layers much better than foundation would/does if you need to touch it up. Its a wonderful moisturizer and leaves the skin feeling really soft. It comes in a tube so no worries re contamination or de-stabilizing of ingredients. Its SPF 30, a major plus.

Cons:
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those who break out because it is thick and super moisturizing. At $37 bucks a pop, its on the pricey side in comparison to other CC creams and its not a very large tube so if using daily it will run out far quicker than foundation does. There are probably cheaper and comparable CC's out there (I just haven't found any yet). If you are looking for fuller coverage (such as with foundation or BB cream), this isn't the product for you.

I do recommend this for dry skin where a touch of coverage is desired, as well as those who wish to even out skin tones or neutralize any redness.

on 7/10/2014 7:22:00 PM

Horrible! Very hard to blend, the consistency is very thick! I have acne scars and It sits into them and make them visible ever than before!! So patchy!!! I try this 3-4 times and want to love this, but I can not!! Waste 45AUD...

Best cc cream ever.full coverage,keep skin soft and huge colour selection.is long lasting too,just the price is a bit...high.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Magen my face was fine i loved this. it's light coverage so if that's all you need then you'll like it. but i randomly started breaking out bad and i tried to use this and it just made it way worse. this is NOT for damaged broken out skin. it'll only make things worse at least i my case. I can only use this when my skin is calmed down and not so broken out

on 6/21/2014 9:38:00 AM

Hmm not sure about this , does give you a nice glow , especially if i mix it with my maybelline BB cream but every time i use it i get breakouts on my chin

on 6/11/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this mainly to conceal near my eyes and nose area. I like how it conceals, so I decided to apply it to my whole face.
Although I have it in Deep, it was too light for the rest of my face. It also broke me out on my forehead. It wasn't until afterwards that I realize my skin is too acne-prone for anything that promises to hydrate/moisturize. It sucks that I can't use this all over because it does have SPF 30 and it does provide good coverage. This product is best for those who have dry skin that is not prone to breaking out. The shade range is also limited.
I will use the rest to conceal near my eyes, but I won't be buying this again.

PERFECT for my combo oily skin. Coverage is medium, but spreads like cream. Keeps my face matte/satin, and quite flawless. Light reflecting pigments hide my dark circles and redness. Does not irritate or fade for me, even with my oily skin. It just sets and stays. Looks soo pretty.

Love love love.

on 5/23/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for the perfect cc or bb cream for a while - i wanted something i could wear on holiday that gives me coverage, but isn't too heavy and doesn't melt as soon as you go in the sun! I've used a few bb creams and found them all too heavy and orange but this cream is near perfect for me - i am very pale and foundations tend to go crusty on my skin, but this cc cream didn't! I use it after i wash and tone, like i would a foundation and find it gives me coverage, without looking like i've got a full face of liquid foundation on! I apply a light bit of powder, too, and love the look it gives! I really recommend it for anyone pale (i use the lightest colour and it isnt orange at all) or for anyone who likes a bit of coverage whilst on holiday as it doesn't melt and stays on all day.