Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 7/2/2013 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

the texture is nice, the anti-oxidants are also nice, light beautiful texture.

I have to say I do not see much of a change in my skin, however, I will keep using this, There maybe some long-term benefit

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think everything has been said about this already but, this is perfection on. Liquid formula sinks in effortlessly and within seconds. It truly feels like NOTHING is on your skin, which is great for layering other products on top. Perfect for oily patches and acne prone skin, it has not caused a single breakout and I do believe has helped to diminish any active (hormonal) acne I have. I LOVE this stuff. I haven't been using this long enough to comment on fine lines but so far do not see any improvement in that area. However, I bought this specifically as a preventative product, so far I am very happy. Will repurchase, and would recommend.

Paula Begoun did *it* with this serum, she got the ingredients, texture and finish just right.

I have combination skin with rosacea and the occasional breakout and have used all of her antioxidant serums at one point or another and was never satisfied with how they felt on my skin. This serum changes all of that, it sinks right in, leaves no residue, isn't greasy and doesn't dry my skin out. My skin is smooth, soothed and has more life to it thanks to this serum.

One word for it: fabulous.

I rated this as "dirt cheap" because if Estee Lauder sold this, she would probably sell it for about $50 to $80. This cleared up my post pimple red marks on my chin in about 4 days. I love this stuff. My skin has been glowing since using it. When Paula first came out with it, I immediately bought it and I've been using it ever since. I used to use her Skin Balancing serum but I could only use it every other day since it was too strong for my skin. This sinks into my skin like water, feels very light, doesn't burn doesn't smell, and works wonders

I love this Resist Ultra Light serum. It is very lightweight and water based, and feels like nothing on the skin. Wonderful for the warmer weather! It contains some great ingredients like niacinamide and vitamin c and has really given my skin a nice even tone. I might like a tad more moisture since I am "mature", so I contacted PC and the SA rec'd the Resist Skin Brightening Treatment. I do already use the Resist Super Antioxidant serum around my eyes, but it's too heavy for all over my face. Hoping the SB one is right in the middle, weight and moisture-wise. They all have wonderful antioxidants, but according to the SA, the Super one has the most vit c, and the Brightening one has the most niacinamide, but they both contain them. Price is quite reasonable when comparing to drugstore and dept store, taking into account the frequent discounts and free shipping, excellent customer service and no animal testing.

on 5/20/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I like to use a layered approach for my a.m. routine. Before I started using this product, I was washing my face, then applying Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, then Dan's Regimine/acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%, then my make up - no moisturizer, just powder sunscreen over make up). Although this gave me a very matte, almost polished appearance, after several hours my skin would inevitably start cracking and flaking in small areas. For some reason the bumpiness of my skin was greatly reduced during the day, but once I washed my face at night I could see the irritation and the small bumps would come right back. :(
Yes, my skin can take a lot, but sometimes I think I throw too much at it. It really is not a good idea to continuously layer BHA and BP. In fact, I really want to stop using BP all together as I constantly read it may age your skin.
I'm just at the end of my rope in fighting adult acne. After a recent trip to TX (maybe from the humidity, maybe just stress) my skin was literally covered in closed comedones and active acne blemishes (cheeks, chin, and forehead)...and at 34, I'm honestly just sick.of.it.

I ordered this serum on a whim and based on some very complimentary reviews and ladies it has yet to dissapoint. I am still using the BP, but only as a spot treatment. My active blemishes are far less agitated and are fading, but the best part...the combination of BHA and this serum gives me a 1-2 punch on those pesky closed comedones AND it also provides a near flawless finish with make up. (madelic acid helps too, or seems to) Matte and silky, but still glowing. I've only used this product for about a 2 weeks so I'm going to check in again and give you an update later, but for now...I'm very pleased with the results.

Current regimine:

AM: wash face with Purpose FW
jojoba oil (only to eye area)
Paula's Choice BHA 2% liquid
Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Anioxidant Concentrate Serum
spot treat with Dan's Regimine (ace.org) BP 2%
make up
powder sunscreen

PM: wash make up off with Purpose FW
*1 - 2 times weekly 25% Mandelic Acid (3 -4 min)
either apply jojoa oil all over or only to eye area
Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Anioxidant Concentrate Serum
spot treat with Dan's Regimine (ace.org) BP 2%

on 3/29/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this as a nighttime anti-aging moisturizer/treatment. I have normal to oily skin (depending on time of year, environment) and my skin is also sensitive. Among the ingredient list is hyaluronic acid which is the hot new thing present in Le Metier and Kate Somerville products for smoothing out skin and making it appear younger. In addition you get a ton of antioxidants at a quarter of the price of many other brands. This is also packaged in an easy-to-travel-with tube. Tube packaging is better than jar packaging because less air gets into the product, meaning that the product will maintain its effectiveness during the time it takes for you to use up the container. My favorite part is the texture. It is a very light lotion that absorbs quickly into the skin. Some serums are greasy or heavy but this is not. One of the best new additions to her skin care line!!

UPDATE SUMMER 2015: After having some trouble earlier this reason with redness and inflammation, I had to really be picky about what I kept in my routine and what had to go. This doesn't irritate my skin, and I was really glad because it's hard to find anti-aging products that take sensitivity into consideration. Also, this smells a bit like fruit, but it has no added fragrance. I think it may be the resveratrol, which comes from red grapes.

on 4/6/2013 3:26:00 AM

This is truly one of the best serum I have ever used. In term of texture, it's very watery and it absorbe into my skin and disappear like water and you dont feel you have just put on anything. Paula has finally got the texture right this time!. Her other serums are just too tacky or too much silicone feel. This serum is perferct for my super oily skin that tend to breakout and got clogged even on gel serum or liquid toner. This serum is even lighter feel than Sk2 Cellumination essence and Sk2 Whitening spot specialist. My skin have experienced brighter and even tone clear skin. As you know, unlike exfoliant, antioxidant can't really give you dramatic differences in your skin in short period of time, so don't expect miracle. But I have no doubt that my skin texture has improved from this serum. This serum make my zinc oxide sunscreen spread evenly without white patches, maybe this is because of the silicone it contains and the yellow color of this serum offset the white cast from the sunscreen. The downside of the serum is the packaging. The serum is very runny and it overflow from the tube. I prefer it in a drop kind of serum bottle.

*Updates* It makes my skin colour appear tan and yellowish because of the gel colour. This is just purely cosmetic effect and will go away once you wash your face. Might not be suitable for Asian people who prefer their skin to look brighter but it might be a bonus for people who prefer tan looking skin. Therefore I decided to use it only at night for treatment.

on 3/3/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is about as close to "holy grail" as I have come to. I have tried 2 other antioxidant formulas from this brand, and I just never liked the textures--too greasy feeling, or tacky. And I just couldn't see any improvement in my skin. I was happy to see this new product come out; the reviews have been consistently good on the company site (no, Paula Begoun does NOT only publish good reviews, there are plenty of complaints, too). I ordered it, it came, I've used it a few days and I am very happy with the product. It is like a gel-serum, not sticky at all. There is no detectable finish, except that my skin feels very soft and smooth. I have had no reactions, no breakouts, some of my active blemishes seem to be healing faster than they usually do. That is perhaps more subjective a feeling. At any rate, I think she finally got it right on this one, depending on one's preferences in the feel of a product and expectations. Skincare is not a one-size-fits-all prospect. This is in the higher price range for this brand, but considering that a similar product in another more "elite" brand would probably cost at least $60 to begin with--and most likely would not be as well-formulated or have ineffective packaging which would ruin a nice product--this is actually a pretty good bargain. It works for me: my skin feels and looks "happy" and healthy. This is a keeper.

on 3/6/2013 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It's a bit early to review this, as I have not used it long enough to say it's changed my skin. I will say the texture really is different then her other serums and I think this will make people happy. Feels like it absorbs completely and leaves no shine. It is not, however, silicone free. It is geared towards people with oily skin, but is not drying. It is said to help clear pores. It is described as having a watery texture, but is thicker than water and opaque. It does drip out of the tube faster, so I store it upright. The texture is a nice change. The regular resist could be used as non tinted primer, if you like that shiny, silky texture. As many of her toners and BHA gels leave a shine, so it's nice to have this non-shiny option. The Earth Source Toner is nice for that reason as well.

Update: This works well if you tolerate niacinimide (sp??), which I do. It helps my skin and works great with C15 booster on fading spots and just calming down the skin.