Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 11/17/2014 8:50:00 PM

a lot of mixed reviews on here, but I really like this BB cream I was skeptical with the shades cuz they all look to orange/pink..but the light shade was a perfect match and it gives me a pretty good natural finish without looking cakey on my dry skin. I really like this for winter and I will keep using will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this product is very cakey and flakey.

PROS:
This product goes on light and refreshing, provides buildable coverage and inexpensive (picked it up for $6 CAD).

CONS:
This product is more liquid than cream. If you have oily/combination skin like I do, be prepared to use mineral powders and setting powders to offset looking like an oil slick after two hours. Even with the powder foundation and finishing, I still had to powder some shiny parts of my face near the end of the work day. It's a water-based product, but I still broke out once while using it during the week.

There are better, inexpensive BB creams at the drug stores. I probably wouldn't buy this product again.

on 11/5/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This thing, do not really do anything to the skin.
If you are oily and have acnes or acne scars, save your money, don't buy this.
The formula is chunky, its cream, but its super hard to blend it into your skin.
It does not do any coverage for my skin as well

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Bought this wanting to try BB cream, so honestly have no other BB cream to compare to. It's a thin, liquidity texture. It actually went on and covered my slight redness well. Didn't leave my huge pores looking HUGER, but it made my face SUPPPERRR oily after about 2 hours. I did use during the summer. So could be why. Also it has an orangish tint to it, I was tanner at the time but it appeared I had a fake tan.

My second try I mixed a little with my foundation Revlon colorstay (which was too light at the time) which made me look less orangish , but it still made me look super greasy. I have combination skin, so I have to stick with matte for the most part. I would recommend it to someone with dry skin, and possibly a fake tan? But I don't think they offer a "Natural" color selection :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is probably my least favorite drugstore BB cream that I've tried. I bought the lightest shade, and it dries super dark and orangey. The consistency is thicker than other BB creams, and it looks chalky on my face. It covers well, but even the lightest color is too dark, and it oxidies to even darker throughout the day. I usually really like rimmel products but I just was not impressed by this one.

on 10/26/2014 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm usually very skeptical when it comes to drugstore makeup like Rimmel. I don't remember what prompted me to try this out, but I'm happy I did. This BB cream offers buildable coverage, anywhere from light to full. It's probably more a liquid texture than a 'cream', and it's just a tad runny out of the tube, so be careful. I'm a medium in this cream, which is close to a MAC NW25 for reference. I like wearing this when I don't feel like opting for a full coverage foundation. The only thing I can criticise is that it can get oily on my face during the day, which my HG foundation does not, so you will need to top up if necessary. Another thing is that there isn't a large colour variety available, at least not in Australia. However, it's a good quality, cost effective BB cream that I will continue to repurchase and use as a more lighter liquid foundation than my studio fix.

I guess this is what I get for not reading reviews first. Wanted to try a new Bb cream and finally settled for this as the colour match was best. Bad choice. The product feels good on my skin but that's as far as it goes in terms of positives. It's deceptive because it feels like it's going on smooth and looks like the coverage is even but 10 mins later it's really cakey and patchy and it oxidises so quickly. No amount of blending was able to remove the patches and make it look more natural. Admittedly I do have dry skin but it wasn't patchy in my dry areas. Rimmel definitely got it wrong with this one.

on 10/16/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It might works as sunscreen, but as bb cream this product sucks. The medium shade first matches my skin quite well, but it then oxidized and turned way darker than it was. My skin is quite dry and this bb gets me oily and gets my pore clogged. It also smells horrible. Not recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB cream is terrible. First, the color medium is so orange and the texture is very gunky. I have oily skin, and this BB cream made my skin twice as oily after applying it. I've tried different primers underneath this product and my face remains oily. This BB cream also does not blend well, I've tried my beauty blender and a foundation brush, and nothing! Long story short, do not buy this cheap garbage.