Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.0

on 6/23/2014 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good BB cream, it's very dewy and makes my skin look glowy. The only downside is that it smells very strongly of sunscreen. I mix mine with a little revlon whipped foundation and it goes on nicely like that or alone.

Bought it because I was sleeping over a friend's house for a New Year's Party and forgot to bring my foundation. Chose this product because I saw that there was a special buy 1 get 1 free sale. My first use did not impress me as I was more used to using foundations and tried to use it in the same way as a foundation - it didn't work because a BB cream doesn't have the creaminess and level of coverage you would get with a foundation. However, my other applications for my everyday makeup is very good.

1) Blendability: decent blendability, applied well either with fingers or a damp beauty blender. Can be a tiny bit flaky but not so much.

2) Provides a good base and adhesive for powders, blushes and highlighters - these products stay on the whole day after using this BB cream!

3) Coverage: not recommended for those still battling with acne. I have acne-prone skin but my priority is maintaining and ensuring that my skin is blemish free so this serves better for adhesive purposes and evening out skin tones rather than covering your skin.

4) Colour: I like the light colour, a lot of BB creams I find in Beauty Supply stores here are too dark for me.

5) How it feels: light weight and not pore-clogging.

Excellent product for everyday makeup application!

on 6/9/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Too metallic
This BB has physical sunscreen which is great, however, it also makes this makeup look extremely metallic. This BB cream did not break me out, but it just will not work for me.

on 6/4/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My biggest problem is that they need a lighter color, as with most drugstore foundation lines. The lightest color is a dark on me, but once it's blended out really well, down the neck, etc, it looks decent. I use my Pixi flawless primer under this and set it with the Laura Mercier loose powder. It looks really natural, and sinks into the skin. My boyfriend thought I wasn't wearing makeup one day when I was wearing it which was kind of cool. This is what I wear to class to keep it simple and quick. It wears pretty well throughout the day.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this simply because of the color issue.

on 6/6/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually wear Skin 79 Gold BB cream but this is comparable in consistency and way cheaper. Does not have grey undertones like skin 79. Great for dry skin. For more coverage, I wear it under revlon colorstay because the colorstay does not have an SPF.

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because of my friend's recommendation on how she loves it. And honestly I'm disappointed. The coverage is fine and all but it's too oily and greasy. Makes my face look shiny and sticky. I live in this hot & humid city it doesn't help at all. Sorry

on 5/27/2014 4:55:00 PM

I chose this BB cream over Maybelline or Rimmel because it is a lot more oily than other brands which works in my favour. I have dry flaky skin on my face in the winter, especially around my nose and mouth. A couple of tiny drops around my face and this cream completely moisturized and covered my face. It provided medium coverage and covered the redness around my nose but did not cover my small pimples. I would not recommend it in the summertime because it is a little too heavy/greasy for even my dry face. I gave it 4/5 because the coverage did not last for more than 6 hours and my face looked naked and shiny by the end of the day.

on 5/29/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really liked this! It is so nice and light weight, it looks like my skin and it gives a nice satin finish, love this.

on 5/28/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

PROS:
I was able to find a good color match for my fair/pink-undertoned skin.
It has SPF 30.

CONS:
It left my skin feeling very tacky and dirty.
It is way too dewy and made me look like I was sweating. I have dry, flake-prone skin so I go after products that have moisturizing capabilities, and this was still too heavy-feeling
I left it on because I was curious as to how it would hold up over time, and within only an hour, it settled into fine lines and accentuated any flakiness I had. It actually made my skin look worse.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this product with pretty high expectations, I was pretty disappointed. Usually I like Revlon products and I had just ran out of my Maybelline bb cream. So I decided why not give this a try. The problem I have with this product is it's EXTREMELY greasy. I don't have oily skin to begin with, but when I put this on you can fry an egg on my skin! Also it rubs off almost immediately after putting it on even with face primer. I do however like the color it gives my skin and the thick cream texture it has. I have tried to use it about five times on my skin now and it still isn't cutting it.