Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

on 12/29/2014 12:13:00 AM

This scent is sexy & feminine. It doesn't last all day for me. It generally wears off after about 4-6 hours. This is a heavier scented perfume however I like that for fall & winter.

on 12/26/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I contemplated getting this perfume for a long time worried I would smell like every other young girl that walks around in a bubble of sugar. But I'm glad I got this! It's a strong perfume so only a spray or two will do so you don't give others a headache. Both the sillage and longevity are fantastic, so although it's expensive it's definitely quality. It definitely is sweet, but it's not too childish, it has this musk to it that makes it somewhat sexy (i think it's the patchouli). It's the perfume I like to wear to events because it draws a lot of compliments, it's sophisticated, and it just makes me feel luxurious. But i'll be honest, it's a pretty generic scent. Like there's nothing about it that makes it stand out from other perfumes. And since I'm getting into more complex scents it's starting to bore me, to be quite honest, so I don't wear it as often but whenever I do it wraps me in this cozy warm blanket of sweetness and it's comforting. So i don't think I would buy it again as I can try so many other perfumes out there, but at the same time I don't regret buying it because it's beautiful.

on 12/20/2014 4:05:00 AM

This has got to be the worst perfume ever. Sprayed it on a paper strip and some got on my fingers I couldn't get the smell off and I washed my hands 3 times. It's so strong. Gave my husband a instant headache. No way would I purchase this. Just awful!

on 12/18/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful fragrance not over bearing or if you have allergy issues. Long lasting beautiful bottle. My hubby noticed and liked it so for Christmas he bought me the 1.7 oz I was hoping for the gift set but was sold out.
Gourmand scent but all the notes blend beautifully so it doesn't smell like food.
Can't go wrong with this one

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have never been a fan of gourmand scents; however, at first spritz, my olfactory senses found this to be pleasant and mouth-watering delicious! I couldn't stop smelling my wrists.

It seemed all the notes hit me at once. Pear, light florals, vanilla, thought I smelled chocolate,(but fragrantica.com listed note as praline), and patchouli. Kept hoping the patch would hide out in the background, but within a couple of minutes of spraying La Vie Est Belle, the patch dominated the fragrance. Drydown was dirty, dirty patch with the sweet, mouth-watering gourmand taking a seat behind the patch. Boo.

This is the same experience I have with CoCo Mademoiselle. If only I could find a fragrance similar to both Coco and La Vie without patch, I would be making two fragrance purchases without hesitation.

There are women who enjoy wearing a glaring patch fragrance, and wear it well; however, I am not one of them.

on 12/10/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Truly my signature fragrance. A lovely and sweet fragrance; with lots of compliments.

on 12/10/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I rarely read fragrance notes. I did smell this in a magazine, and intrigued, ordered a couple samples from eBay. I liked it after a two-three week trial. Mom bought this for me for Christmas, and gave it to me early. It's delightful, but I'm a child of the early 70s. I do get a hint of jasmine at the beginning, then maybe a sweetness, but that is probably the patchouli. Perhaps this reminds me of Love's Musky Jasmine Flower? Yeah, I wore that for years. It doesn't go powdery or "sweet and floral" on me. I couldn't disagree more that this smells like Madamoiselle. It is so EVERYWHERE that it's boring. I love this one. Will you? It's a hate or love relationship. I definitely do.

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. On me, I don't get any flowery notes at all. I get a sweet black currant syrup at the opening, which settles into a heart of a berry-vanilla-patchouli blend, and a dry down of a vanilla patchouli. It is somewhat similar to flowerbomb, but it is by no means a dupe. I like flowerbomb, but I LOVE La Vie Est Belle. It lasts all day and night on me, granted it fades in intensity but I'm still getting whiffs of it the next morning when I wake up.

on 11/30/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this perfume and I am a perfume freak. It is the only sent the people follow me around in stores and ask what I am wearing.

on 11/25/2014 4:43:00 PM

I adore gourmand perfumes and this is no exception. It smells divine, sweet with hints of chocolate and vanilla, completely delicious and mouthwatering, I could not stop smelling myself when I first put it on! It's long lasting which I really look for when looking for a gourmand. It has some lovely floral notes but they aren't too strong at least not on me. It's not your typical sickly sweet teenage scent which is also great, it's unique enough although it reminds me of Estee Lauder's pleasures delight, however la vie est belle is much more refined and has greater sillage. It's quite strong so a little goes a long way. All in all I love this and it just might become my signature scent!

Popular Fragrances