Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to foundation in the winter months. BB7 is a great match for my half-asian skin with yellow undertones. I'll repeat what other reviewers have already said -- a little goes a very long way.

I have acne-prone skin and I always have red marks left over from previous breakouts. I tend to go through a lot of makeup to even out that redness. But one tube of this stuff has already lasted me four months, and I still have plenty left. I use less than half a pea-sized drop for my whole face. And that amount gives me full -- and I mean full -- coverage. It completely covers all of my red marks. For this foundation, I find I get better coverage when I use my fingers for application. It's expensive, but because it has lasted so long, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

I do like to finish with a very light dusting of Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base. For me, the formulation is just a bit too moist for my oily skin to use on its own. If I don't set it with powder, it slides off after a few hours. Even with the powder, I still have to blot after a few hours, but I have to do that no matter what I use.

I do find this formulation a little bit clogging for my skin. Since it gives fantastic coverage, I feel like it's an acceptable tradeoff for now. I just make sure I wash it off completely every night before bed.

Jane Iredale make up isn't cheap, for me at least. But quality makes it worth it, and it lasts a long time (has been 5 months, at least, at still more to go). BB Cream covers my acne scars and redness with very little product and effort. My skin loves it, hasn't made me break. It is thick enough to cover yet I don't feel caked on. I love it, and rarely go a day without it, even though I don't put it everywhere. Has made my face look oily a couple of times, and they don't have many shades. So I had to find the right lightness but because the tone was off, I always apply pressed powder over.

I bought BB3, I'm in MAC NC15 or 20 in Summer. I mix this with Sunday Riley's tinted primer and my makeup stays on All day! My skin is luminous and healthy and no breakouts and is sun protected.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've seen a lot of good reviews on this, but I almost died laughing when I put it on my face! It looked like I covered myself with yellow chalk. The worse thing was that I had some on my hands, and when I went to wash my hands it wouldn't come off with soap. So I got my facial cleanser, washed my face and hands twice, and it still didn't come off. Then I got a bar of soap and had to wash twice more and scrub with a washcloth. Clearly, this is not for me!

I was intrigued by the concept of a BB cream and since I love Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base foundation (in Natural) I figured I'd give her BB a try.

I have combo skin that is prone to breakouts that's oily in the summer and has dry patches in the cooler months. These dry patches are usually not too visible when I use the PurePressed but are very apparent with the BB. I exfoliate and moisturize regularly but you know how it can be - sometimes during the winter you will get a small flaky area that reappears right after you exfoliate even if you slather on a thick night cream! For that reason when I have a dry patch I will avoid applying the BB to that area directly and instead blend toward the flaky area (the less BB sitting on the flakes = better look). When I am flake free, however, this BB performs really nicely. This BB cream doesn't seem to irritate my acne and does not clog my pores.

The cream is a bit thick and I find it's best to use (clean) fingers and your skin MUST be well moisturized. I dab a few dots on my forehead, cheeks, chin, et cetera, and BLEND!!!! This part takes more patience than with a normal foundation. It looks kind of crappy at first but if you stick with it and build the coverage slowly it turns out great.

A nice slippery primer helps (though since it's a BB, and the idea is to minimize the # of products, it's frustrating to have to moisturize + prime + BB. I like to use this over my PTR Clini-Matte All Day Oil Control SPF 20 then apply the BB. That gives me SPF + oil free moisture + a smooth surface for the BB.).

The BB looks really nice on it's own but I like to lightly apply my PurePressed over it then spritz my whole face with my Mario Badescu facial spray. When I do this my make up will last all day long without sliding off or fading. If I want lighter coverage I'll use only the BB and the result is a glowy, dewy finish (sometimes I veer from dewy into an oil slick so that's why I usually use a little PurePressed).

Overall, I like the stuff. The tube will last me a few months (esp. b/c I don't rely on it exclusively) but when it's gone I might be inclined to try another type of BB (a few new Japanese brands are supposed to arrive in the US which sound promising).

ME: MAC = NC15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude. I'm in my mid 40s, slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone, not super sensitive to breakouts, redness/slight rosacea on cheeks, nose, chin, several melasma spots.

I received a sample of this BB cream (B5). It covers my redness on my cheeks/nose/chin beautifully, but it is a tad dark for me. I have not tried other shades, not sure if I will.

No breakouts = :). I did learn that I MUST a primer due to the thickness of this stuff or it won't spread properly (it dries quickly) and settles into my fine lines. A pea size covers my entire face and lasts about 6 hours w/out UD All Nighter and then I have to powder or blot my nose/chin.

I said I'd re-purchase, but its actually a "maybe" as I'm now researching CC creams... if I do decide to purchase, I will get samples of the BB1 and BB3 to see if better color match.

I absolutely love this product. For a time, my skin was so irritated by harsh acne products that I felt I couldn't leave the house due to redness and dryness but this BB cream covered it all incredibly well. I would love to rate it a five but I already running low on it and I have only had it for a month! I wish it was more cost-effective but I would still highly recommend it. I have been searching for a line like this for so long--finally!

I felt compelled to review this as I'm getting ready to purchase my second tube. First, some pros: excellent coverage, natural/dewy finish, good color match (BB3, I'm about an NC20), lasting power, hygienic packaging. Cons: expensive, perhaps too 'dewy' for anyone with oily skin.

For me, this is working great. I was using Colorstay Whipped but it was contributing to my breakouts and also emphasizing flakes (which can be an issue come winter). I've had great success with this and it gives the coverage and finish I'm after. A little definitely goes a long way, and I've found that my tube has lasted about 3 months. For something that gives the results I want, I can justify the price. This is definitely worth a look, even for those usually used to medium-full coverage foundations.

Really wanted to love this. It was my first foray into BB cream so I can't compare it to other brands, but unfortunately I will be returning it. The first day I wore it over Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturizer (a light weight cream). Once I had blush and bronzer on - it did initially look fresh and it does cover well so I was encouraged. The second day I tried it without applying anything prior and followed with powder but was shiny by midday and could already see a breakout brewing on my cheek. Pros: full coverage, (mostly) natural ingredients, nice smell and packaging. Cons: heavy texture, does not blend easily and feels heavy on - I felt like I was wearing chapstick on my face. If this is what BB's are all about, not sure they're for me. Love Jane Iredale products, but for this price and feel, I'd rather have a good foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Okay, I absolutely hate writing this review because I am a HUGE fan of everything the PurePressed powder has done for my face... But I had to face the truth that this BB cream was literally the only thing I added to my skin and makeup routine in the last 2 weeks during which my face has been breaking out like a volcano. I don't remember the last time my face went through such a COMPLETE meltdown. Since getting on the skincare regimen I have been on for the last 2 years, I haven't had much more than the occasional bump here and there concentrated around the time of month. But since trying out the BB cream, my face has been erupting like it's on an agenda to completely drive me insane. Unfortunately, the blame simply has to be placed on this product because literally everything else has remained the same. Perhaps it is going through a purging phase... I don't ever hear this being a sideeffect of BB cream though (or, makeup in general honestly). So, this is going back to the store and I am going to try tame my poor face down. This is what I get for trying something new out!

Also, if your face is in anyway what you'd consider "very oily," steer VERY clear. This product goes on very dewy, which is great for someone with normal skin because it looks natural, but for us oilier gals, it pretty much spells disaster within an hour.