RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Good overall mascara. Does the lash boosting complex work? It does, but it gives more length than it does volume. I would of prefered more volume as that's what the product promises but for sure you'll notice a difference in growth. The brush is nice in that it's big but still has a tapered end for hard to reach places. The formula is ok but tends to get a little clumpy after you've used it for a while. I don't find that the formula smudges easily but do not allow contact with water. Crying will make it run like crazy!

on 10/31/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Someone gifted me a Elizabeth Arden Double Density Mascara sometime ago, so perhaps I have been spoiled. Thinking the $20+ on mascara is a little pricey since hubby is back in school, I gave the Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara a try. For lack of words to describe my discontent with the product I will use a string of adjectives that best conjure up my experience: runny, smudgy, cheap, incapable of drying in a reasonable amount of time. I often unwittingly ended up looking like I was trying out for the part of Elvira due to the amount of mascara surrounding my eyes in streaks. I ended up having to throw it away and spent inevitably spent the big money on a Clinique mascara with which I am happy. Not a good way to save money. To sum it up: Not cool.

on 10/24/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Disappointing. I have long lashes but would like more volume. So I'm always looking for a good voluminizing mascara. This wasn't it. It was a little clumpy and did not add any volume at all. Returned it and tried the Colossal which added more volume to my lashes.

on 10/24/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this mascara in a goodie bag the other day and I was so excited to try it out. I have this love/hate relationship with my every day mascara (max factor false lash effect) and I was hoping to find something to replace it. Anyway when I tried it on it gave me more length than volume in my opinion and even that wasnt very special. It was easy to apply though and I thought the packaging was quite cool. Overall I thought it was a decent mascara, but there are far better ones out there.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

makes your lashes longer but dont add any volume to the lashes .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This has become my favorite mascara for many reasons. For starters I love the brush it makes it insanely easy for me to apply with the tapered tip. I also love how dark it is and the fact that it lasts (unless you meet water). My favorite thing about it probably is the fact of how I have more lashes than I ever have, they are now my idea of "perfect lashes" (unfortunately my lashes are blonde so I still can't go without mascara). Not to mention the formula makes me look like I'm wearing falsies. However it does take some getting used to and if you don't have the time to play with it a little you probably won't like it as much as I do.

on 10/9/2011 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I would say I have a love/hate thing with this mascara, but I don't think I'm even that passionate about it. I grabbed it because it was cheap, and I'd never tried Rimmel mascara. I have to say that I have very long, very thick lashes naturally, and this makes them absolutely *insane*, but it's too finicky for me. The wiper in the tube is insufficient, and the wand comes out overloaded with product, which is an oddly thick liquid. If I'm very careful to wipe the wand against the tube as I pull it out--or if I wipe it off on some tissue--it's great: not clumpy, lengthens and thickens dramatically, feels light, if slightly waxy, on lashes. If the wand isn't tended lovingly, however, it goes on way too heavily and practically turns lashes into one giant uni-lash. The other issue I have with it is removal. Even when applied sparingly, and taken off with an oil-based eye makeup remover, it seems there is *always* some left, especially on lower lashes, unless I rub much more than I'd prefer to. Despite the flaws, I keep going to it, day after day, so I obviously find it passable. I do really like the dramatic results it gives--I just hate all the finickiness. For that reason, i'll finish but will not (likely) repurchase. Also: asymmetrical brush is gimmicky and useless. Flat side always over-applies, fat side is ok.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not sure why people are hating on this mascara. I have long lashes that are rather thin, and I LOVE this mascara. I definitely feel like it has made my lashes longer and fuller.

on 9/17/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Very good volumizing mascara. At first it was a bit watery which almost every mascara is like that at first, but after a week i started really loving it! I have noticed my eyelashes have gotten a bit fuller. I wouldn't recommend this if your expected tons of volume but it did make them more fuller!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this mascara because I needed a washable mascara instead of using my HG waterproof CG Lash Blast. I feel like using a waterproof mascara 24/7 makes removal difficult and I lose a few lashes sometimes.
Anyway, onto the review. I liked this mascara for a volume mascara. It gave decent volume and quite a bit of length. I'm not sure why everyone complained about the brush because I thought it was simple and easy to use. The bristles are the traditional kind (in Maybelline Great Lash, etc) and not the plastic bristles in newer mascaras. I can't rate its performance for growing my lashes out and making them appear thicker because 99% of the time those statements are just for marketing.
However, there were two reasons why this mascara lost a lippie. 1) This formula is wet wet wet. It takes ages to dry and you'll probably smudge it while it's drying. 2) This doesn't hold curl at all. The more strokes you do with the wand, the heavier it gets and the more your curl droops.
But other than that, this is a good drugstore mascara and it's staying in my makeup bag. :)