Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 10/9/2013 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a big fan. It does what it's supposed to do, lengthens my lashes, is really black and has a useable wand. But, I think it is really really clumpy, to much product comes of (so no, or a bad, stopper) meaning you have to wipe the wand and when I smelled it, it reeked. Apparently I'm not the only one with a smelly one so I suppose it is meant to smell like that, I know you can't smell your lashes but after a while I smell my mascaras to see if they're still good, but this one smelled bad from the beginning...
I'm definitely not repurchasing.

on 9/18/2013 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I switched to "cheaper" mascara as they are all really the same, its the brush that makes the difference. Went back to maybelline and picked this up.

I was pleasantly surprisd. the brush caught every lash and I am very happy with the result. Will purchase again

on 9/18/2013 10:09:00 AM

Horrendous. Absolutely horrible. Clumped and made my eyelashes look shorter than they are without mascara. They made balls of clumps at the ends of my lashes. I've tried almost every drug store/walmart mascara under the sun.. Worst so far

on 9/16/2013 9:20:00 PM

Held a curl nicely and gave good definition... but I have oily lids, and sigh, there were little flakes and smudges after 2 hours. The hunt for the HG of mascara continues!

on 9/12/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I never thought I'd like this I like dept store mascaras w/o exception bought it on ref from sister. At 1st didn't like but it takes x and patience 2 get it right w this 1. Never found the clumping, flaking or wetness others did.... Read on pkg don't wait btwn coats may b the flaking reason 4 some who knows? I'm super picky w mascara.... Once I played w application noticed: def a cat eyes flared look ( this the new flared cat eyes n yellow&orange tube) ESP if concentrate more mascara outer eye. Never used on lower lashes wanted 2 keep cat eye look that wld hv bn weird IMO. Doesn't hv quite enuf volume4 what I'm used 2... That's ok. I'm 42 and read when u get older - massive volume looks ridic. This curls my lashes after using Tartes awesome curler so much that tips of lashes lv mascara on lids. Worth the $6. Holds curl all day looks good w liquid liner slightly winged up

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

It just sucks so hard. The formula is thin yet chunky on my lashes, and the wand is floppy and difficult to maneuver. I don't normally have shaky hands but they always shook when I used this P.O.S. It's listed on Ulta's website for $6.99. Thank god it was given to me for free because I would have been mad if I had paid for this garbage.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! Something to try if you haven't yet

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love most of maybelline mascaras but so far this is one of my top favorite. It holds the curls well and makes my eyelashes look longer and thicker i love love this one highly recommend <3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Absolute LOVE- this is without a doubt my HG mascara! I was blessed with naturally long lashes, so it's really easy for me to see if a mascara lives up to its claims or not. This is absolutely fabulous, I cannot tell you how many times I've been asked if I was wearing fake lashes while wearing this mascara. Since I've been working with it for so long, I've developed a technique while applying it. First, I take the 'spoon' shaped side and apply everywhere, then, focusing on the 'flare' of my lashes, I flip the wand over so it's a 'reverse spoon' shape and use the tip area of the wand to apply the product there until my outer lashes are noticeably flared; finally, with the wand still in 'reverse spoon' shape, I apply everywhere to give my lashes some luscious volume. I'm telling you, this baby works beautifully, you just need to know how to use it. Also, after seeing the reviews on how the formula is 'watery' and makes lashes 'clump', listen to this: Every time I purchase a new mascara, I always take the wand out and dab/wipe it onto a napkin to take the excess product off; I repeat this 2 to 4 times (since this is a more watery formula, I usually do it 4 times with this one). Doing this makes the formula more tacky when sticking to the wand and during application (no wetness! no clumps!). Since I've always done this process with every mascara I've newly purchased (thanks, Michelle Phan!), I've never experienced the wetness and clumping that people are referring to, so I'm certain that doing this would solve that problem! Give it another try if you didn't have a good experience with it, this mascara is fantastic!

on 8/24/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Long story short, I am not a fan of this mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I understand that mascaras work differently on people. I have medium length, naturally curly Asian eyelashes (I know, strange for my people).

One of the reasons why I do not like this mascara is because it clumps, it does a poor job of separating my lashes. Not really easy to layer either, dries too fast. This mascara also flakes rather quickly which is a shame, I'd rather not spend most of my day wiping under my eyes. For it being not waterproof, this mascara does not wash off easily. You definitely need to use eye makeup remover (I'm lazy, I like for my mascara to rinse off magically with warm water and plus, I hardly wear any other eye makeup).

I personally would not buy this again, but seems like there are quite a few fans of this mascara out there. And if it doesn't work for you, at least it will be a cheap mistake :).

Popular Mascaras