Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.3

on 1/30/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My fianc loves this perfume and buys it for me whenever I run out. It has a strong musky, Patchouli, smell. I must say that I personally prefer clean, citrus smells myself and I do find this perfume to be too strong for daytime/work. I wear it out at night when clubbing and I must say that it attracts a lot of attention from boys. They always ask what I'm wearing and say it's a real turn-on, haha! It's expensive, as most designer perfumes, and the bottle is pretty (star-shaped) but a bit annoying because it doesn't stand up straight (mine lays down). Overall though, it's a great perfume that I enjoy having in my collection for those nights when I want to feel sultry!

on 1/20/2008 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you like perfumes that are flowery, then this isn't the one for you. I am a big fan of orientals and run away from anything that smells of flowers. Angel is an oriental gourmand because it's got associations with food.
I am conflicted about this perfume. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. Angel is a complex scent. Some days, it smells like chocolate and others, it smells like fruit. In the summer it's a bit to sweet and needs to be applied with a light hand. I wish it lasted longer. I get about five hours and then have to respray. Sephora sells a travel size for $45.
I wore Shalimar EDT for years, but when they changed the bottle, the scent got metallic. I wanted something younger, anyway. Then I liked Prada for awhile. I'd actually like something that EVERYONE didn't know. Even though I get compliments, people often recognize it like they did with Prada and Shalimar.
The nice thing about Shalimar is that I could still smell it on my wrists at bedtime. Prada and Angel just don't have that longevity.
I do smell my wrists often and I like it. I know I need something a little deeper and longer lasting. But I know I'm not going to be monogamous. I've already ordered some Bond No. 9 samples. I'm still looking for "the one".
Also, I don't think this smells like Nuits de Noho by Bond No. 9. That's more flowery. I don't think anything smells quite like Angel and I do think it smells a bit different on different people. Try it a few times before deciding whether or not it's for you.
*** Edit *** I bought a full size and carry the travel spray. I used it an awful lot. I don't think I'll ever be without it, so I'm giving it a 5.
*** Edit 2 *** It's the dead of winter (the groundhog just saw his shadow the other day) and I've been wearing it the last few weeks. I don't know when I'll go back to something lighter, but now I can't wear anything else. I smell my wrists all day. I like how each day a different facet develops. Yesterday was fruity. Today it's more patchouli and chocolate.
You naysayers should try this over a few days and change how much you spray.

on 10/17/2007 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Funny how people either love it or hate it. I absolutely love the smell although I'm not into 'sweet' perfumes. This is different. i would definitely buy it again.

on 8/3/2007 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, what mixed reviews! lol I love this though, and so does my boyfriend - when I spray it, even if he's at the opposite end of my house he makes a beeline for me saying, "What did you spray? You smell really good!" lol The bottle is really pretty and it is indeed very unique. Lasts a long time, too.

on 7/21/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What a beautifully unique fragrance! For those of us that like to stay away from florals, this is a wonderful choice. It's warm, sensual, with rich base notes of chocolate, patchouli, and vanilla. This is one of the first (if not only) fragrances to use absolutely no florals.
It's not for everyone, but it certainly has it's following. I fell in love with it immediately.
The only down side is that I don't feel comfortable wearing such an aromatic fragrance in the summer.

on 7/16/2007 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time I smelled this it was on my brothers girlfriend. When I asked her what it was she replied 'Angel'. Then I remembered all the controversy I read about this on MUA and decided to finely see for myself if this would work on me, as it smelled amazing on my brothers girlfriend. On initial spray it was almost too sweet and the patchouli was overwhelming, but that quickly died down. If Angel had a taste, on me it would taste like root beer floats. Yum. I cant get enough of it. My SO loves it and I always get compliments. I find one spray works well and lasts most of the day and is not at all strong. Most perfumes, even ones known for staying power, dont last long on me so its nice to find something that doesnt disappear. My other current favorites are Euphoria and Dior Addict, although these only last a couple hrs on my skin. Im in my mid-twenties and dont find this scent too old or too young. One of my all time favs and I'll never tire of wearing this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've never purchased Angel, but yet I feel strongly enough to voice my distaste for this vile scent. I've noticed a lot of women wearing it again lately, and I think it's a very unfortunate trend.

I'm definitely a person who favors strong scents, but frankly, this stuff makes you smell like a hippie who fell asleep on a pile of chocolate bars. And it's not a scent that blends into an individual's chemistry. When someone gets on an elevator wearing this, there is no doubt that the woman is wearing Angel, loud and proud.

If you're into it, that's cool, but if you're on the fence, please don't do it.

on 6/24/2007 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Angel. The patchouli is bewitching. I get compliments all the time, although it is a good perfume to wear lightly, especially in hot weather--one spray that you walk through. And this scent is best on bare skin, not on clothing. Sexy if you've got the right chemistry to wear it, nauseating if you don't.

on 4/29/2007 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love chocolate so it was not surprising that I should be attracted to this like many women! It is not for day wear but for a special night. It hits you between the eyes. It's a shame my fella is not that keen on it. I think it is bit overpowering for many. In the same league as Poison maybe.

on 4/8/2007 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I first bought this scent in 1995, and although I love to buy a new perfume at each new phase of my life to capture the moment in an olfactory way, I always come back to this one. To me it's a heady-heavenly mixture of pine, chocolate and rasperries. Sex in a bottle. But you must use a light touch.

Popular Fragrances