Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 6/14/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everytime I use this powder is breaks me out. I don't like the extreme strong fragrance, it smells like grandma-style perfume. The smells goes away but it is there, it is intense. The packaging is messy, I always blow powder everywhere trying to get a tiny bit. I bought it because of Tati on YouTube and I dislike it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week and I'm loving it! I use it to "bake" and it works perfectly. I have oily skin and it has helped keep it under control. I also love the smell! I reminds me of the way Cabbage Patch dolls used to smell when I was a kid!lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Best drugstore level powder I've found besides innisfree mint mineral powder (if that counts?). Ive tried many different powders, and this is in the top 5.I even have the higher end Tarte Smooth Operater loose version,and the Mac studio fix, but this one still makes my makeup stay matte for alot longer and no creases.
Been using this since 15 and cant really find anything better.You can find Coty in Walmart,CVS, amazon ,etc . Only con is the packaging, Dont drop it or tap it too hard lol,gets kinda messy. Minus that part, I highly recommend this powder!!! Seriously, its only 6 dollars for like 2.3 ounces. It will last a good while.
For reference, I have very sensitive oily,acne prone skin, with large pores and dry patches on the sides of my face. (this does not stick to dry patches ) Also Coty airspun comes in different shades including translucent, i use naturally neutral.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this powder!

This powder competes with my Rimmel Stay Matte for HG status. This powder is a great deal, its like $5 for 2.3 oz compared to my Stay Matte, which is $4 for .49 oz. And I go through the Stay Matte pretty quick, whereas I have had my Coty Airspun since Christmas and hardly put a dent in it yet.

I have to use this powder VERY light handed-ly, otherwise I begin to look cakey. I use this powder to set foundation and BB creams and it works great for both. I don't use the cotton pad/powder fluff thing that comes with it, but instead I use a giant powder brush (from Bella Beauty, I think). This powder keeps me pretty matte for a while, but I do look a little shiny at the end of the day but I don't consider it a big deal.

Some people complain about the smell, but I actually kind of like it! Its vintage! ;)

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is amazing at oil control, seriously kept me matte all day!! really like the texture, doesn't make you look too powdery or cakey if dusted on well. Incredible formula, comparable to LM's loose translucent powder.

Okay, the reason why its only 4 lippies is because of the smell. I CANNOT stand the smell. I read previous reviews before about how some won't like it, but I'm usually not too bothered by these things. This one though... whew!!! the moment I opened it, the smell just overpowered everything. It is STRONG, to the point that it made me really really reluctant to put it on my face. It lingers as well, I got faint whiffs of it throughout the day. Awful. Like old, dusty perfume.

The formula is good enough for me to deal with that, though. I guess if you're chill with the smell then its worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first translucent powder i've bought and i love it. it's affordable and smells really nice. it's perfect for setting my makeup and absorbing oil throughout the day.

I actually kind of hate the packaging though, because whenever i take the lid off powder goes flying. i also took it traveling and it just got really messy. i think i would prefer a screw top lid. i'm willing to live with it though.

on 4/20/2016 4:29:00 PM

I have literally had my Coty Airspun for like 10 years. I am about 1/2 finished with the cardboard tub (not even sure they make the cardboard container anymore). I use it about 3x per week. I paid around $6 for it I think? So yeah, great value.

It has a velvety, slightly heavier finish than more "modern" powders. However it doesn't LOOK heavy on the skin, though you will look "powdered." It is an excellent mattifier, adds additional coverage (even if you get a translucent shade), maybe to the extent of many mineral foundations, and lasts all day. I adore the scent.

It doesn't blur or any of that fancy nowadays business but it's a quality product. As much as I love to look at the packaging, it makes a holy hell of a mess.

It's one of those that has a little bit of magic to it.

on 4/20/2016 2:03:00 PM

I LOVE this powder! I know some don't like the smell but I do! I actually use 2 colors, Natural and Suntan, to find the color I need. Natural is a little too light and the suntan too dark. I dip my Elf kabuki brush in and tap the excess off to apply. I will definitely purchase again and again!!!

on 4/13/2016 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I would buy this again and again but I will never run out because it comes in a huge box. Prick pin holes in the cellophane covering over the opening and you have a sifter!

The translucent is not translucent but on pale skin a peaches and cream natural hint of color. I use this or Benefit's Dandelion. This works as a substitute for foundation or setting powder for a polished natural or made up look depending on how its applied.

The Wayne Goss method is the best I've ever used to apply:

Moisturizer and then with a fan brush apply a light dusting of powder all over face, neck, ears, eyes. Mist with Rose Water (I mist with water very lightly). Let it dry completely. That may be it for a 'real' skin natural look. Or. Apply foundation and any concealer you may need. Your foundation will last and last and if you use a small amount of, say, MAC's F&B you are going to have a very lovely, natural finish. You can put a squirt of MAC Strobe in your moisturizer or in the F&B. If you want more, after you apply blush, eyeshadow, the works, you can apply another dusting of powder with the fan brush, blend all over and mist again and let dry.

I have never found a better setting powder or substitute foundation than this one for dry or combination skin. I use Dandelion as a lighter face brightner, almost invisible powder with MAC F&B and love it too. I've had my box of Coty Airspun for 10 years and I'll be buried with the box still half full.

I LOVE this stuff. It's a great setting powder, but as I've gotten older I've tried to simplify my make up routine and I also needed less coverage as well so I use this powder alone usually. I've really tried to minimize my routine, but never thought I could just get away with a translucent powder like this , &maybe a little concealer (if I even need it that day) for coverage. It looks and feels great, doesn't cake, looks airbrushed, and you get so much!
Only issue...it's not very portable friendly. I've wasted a lot of product by keeping it in my book bag or purse since product spills when it's on the side, upside down etc. I don't really need to reapply but I spend the night at friends' houses and I'm always on the move so it'd be nice if it was more portable. But then again what loose powder is? haha.