Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 4/20/2016 2:03:00 PM

I LOVE this powder! I know some don't like the smell but I do! I actually use 2 colors, Natural and Suntan, to find the color I need. Natural is a little too light and the suntan too dark. I dip my Elf kabuki brush in and tap the excess off to apply. I will definitely purchase again and again!!!

I LOVE this stuff. It's a great setting powder, but as I've gotten older I've tried to simplify my make up routine and I also needed less coverage as well so I use this powder alone usually. I've really tried to minimize my routine, but never thought I could just get away with a translucent powder like this , &maybe a little concealer (if I even need it that day) for coverage. It looks and feels great, doesn't cake, looks airbrushed, and you get so much!
Only issue...it's not very portable friendly. I've wasted a lot of product by keeping it in my book bag or purse since product spills when it's on the side, upside down etc. I don't really need to reapply but I spend the night at friends' houses and I'm always on the move so it'd be nice if it was more portable. But then again what loose powder is? haha.

on 4/13/2016 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I would buy this again and again but I will never run out because it comes in a huge box. Prick pin holes in the cellophane covering over the opening and you have a sifter!

The translucent is not translucent but on pale skin a peaches and cream natural hint of color. I use this or Benefit's Dandelion. This works as a substitute for foundation or setting powder for a polished natural or made up look depending on how its applied.

The Wayne Goss method is the best I've ever used to apply:

Moisturizer and then with a fan brush apply a light dusting of powder all over face, neck, ears, eyes. Mist with Rose Water (I mist with water very lightly). Let it dry completely. That may be it for a 'real' skin natural look. Or. Apply foundation and any concealer you may need. Your foundation will last and last and if you use a small amount of, say, MAC's F&B you are going to have a very lovely, natural finish. You can put a squirt of MAC Strobe in your moisturizer or in the F&B. If you want more, after you apply blush, eyeshadow, the works, you can apply another dusting of powder with the fan brush, blend all over and mist again and let dry.

I have never found a better setting powder or substitute foundation than this one for dry or combination skin. I use Dandelion as a lighter face brightner, almost invisible powder with MAC F&B and love it too. I've had my box of Coty Airspun for 10 years and I'll be buried with the box still half full.

on 4/13/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just received this in the mail yesterday - this is the BEST powder I have ever used.

First off, this is an extremely finely milled powder and my other powder such as Ben Nye, Covergirl, Maybelline and even the ever so popular RCMA no color powder cannot compare whatsoever, especially in texture. Everyone seems to complain about the smell, I honestly really can't say I dislike it - I find it quite pleasant and luxurious feeling overall when I apply it.

This powder will definitely fly everywhere if you try using the puff it comes with, I turn the packaging over and tap the powder so it falls into the lid and then scoop it out with a damp beauty blender. I only poked through half of the little holes on the sifter and I find this really helps with controlling the amount of powder that comes out and saves me product. This is fantastic both for setting and baking. I have mine in the shade "translucent extra coverage" and it's the perfect neutral shade for my NW20 skin tone.

Only downfall is that it is not available in Canada so I have to order it off of Ebay for marked up prices, but for the quality I don't mind it one bit and just order in bulk. That said - this powder is gigantic and will last you forever as (65g) per jar is A LOT.

My skin tends to get flaky and dehydrated during this time of the year with weather changes and literally every other powder I own has caked up on me lately and emphasized my dry patches except this one. I even baked with this today and piled it on and my skin not only feels baby soft and smooth but my pores have practically vanished its as if I'm airbrushed. I cannot say enough good things about this powder, I already know I will most likely be using this for the rest of my life. I am curious if the translucent shade is any different in color, I might give that one a go as well or in the coming summer months I may try the "suntan" and "rosy beige" shades.

Coty, you NEED to bring this amazing product to Canada PLEASE. Will continue to repurchase and use boat loads of! 5 lippies!! :)

on 4/9/2016 9:55:00 AM

In love with this powder! It is very silky and smooth. It smells so good and it is magic in a container. I use this to set my concealer and it makes it not crease and makes my makeup look flawless. The price is fantastic! For me it does not leave a white residue and it photographs beautiful. It doesn't leave a white cast. It gives you so much product for the price. It last all day. It keeps my makeup matte and helps with my concealer so it won't crease. I apply this on my t-zone area and it helps control my oil. It's one of the best products I own! I use this product every time I apply my makeup it's a must! As you can see in this video

I absolutely love this as a setting powder. You get a ton of product and its easy to pile and bake with it. I actually prefer it over my bare minerals, one because it is so much cheaper and two because of the look and easy use. It also doesn't fly around and make a huge mess like my NYX translucent powder. It is a creamier powder. The only bad thing about this is on mine, the lid isn't a screw on, it just sits on there, so it can be bad if you drop it and the lid pops off. The powder does have a fairly strong older people smell, but i honestly can't say i dislike it. I guess it may bring back old memories. Overall a great product and will most likely be used every day for me.

on 2/28/2016 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this loose powder is great. its very finely milled and completely undetectable on the face and it is also one of the longest lasting ive tried so far. however, it has a strong herbal scent to it making me wanna choke every time i put it on in the morning and the scent lingers for hours - not good. other than that, this powder is one of the best out there. i would've given it 5 lippies if it wasnt for the strong fragrance. too bad.

on 3/19/2016 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very very silky powder and good feel at skin.
I tried so many loose powder but this is the one!!
I got from Walmart $6. So cheap and this powder dose wonderful job!!
I will purchase again.

on 3/21/2016 4:47:00 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO. I used to use Urban Decay's Razor Sharp setting powder which is amazing but have yet to find a dupe for it. I've been using this for a couple weeks now and I cannot and will not like this. I bought because of the Youtuber PatrickStarrr. He completely sold this product to me because 1) he does Youtube 2) its a large container with lots of product 3) its inexpensive. Yes it is a large container with lots of product and its inexpensive, however, it leaves LITTLE to be desired. It's not really silky to me, more of a creamy powder like Bare Minerals. So you can imagine if I put this over my already very pigmented liquid foundation, it's going to pretty much melt off because its so creamy. IT SMELLS... EXTREMELY MATURE and I HATE THAT. If you don't mind that it smells like elderly women, looks like pigmented baby powder, is way too creamy to be a setting powder, then this is the product for you. There's still so much powder left in the container that I'd be willing to give this away to someone that would like this since I don't want to waste my money. Only good thing is that this will not cause you to look like an ashy ghost.

Bottom line, don't even bother with this. Find something much more finely milled for that soft focus effect and feel.

this was one of the first powders I ever bought and I love the amount you get for such a low price. but this did not work for me, it made me look cakey, no matter how little I used, also I didn't like the scent of this also it is really messy and will get all over my counter