Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big Urban Decay fan The Naked palette is the first palette with matte shades and includes 5 new colors and also has a new brown eyeliner, whiskey, that is similar to bourbon but without the glitter. This is the most versatile palette I own by Urban Decay and something I can see myself using every day

The colors are nice but a little too shimmery for my taste. Blendability and mixibility is bad. Not a terrible product but not great by any means!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic UD Naked palette off of Poshmark, serial code 88MNDK, and couldn't be happier! I figured I'd add my two cents amongst these thousands of great reviews. These shadows are velvety smooth and have great pigmentation. I even use the shade Naked as a brow powder sometimes! It stays and honestly works better than most brow products I've tried. Now to just look up more tutorials and videos on how to reap the full benefits of this wonderful palette...!

So I went really crazy when I got my tax return and this was one of the things I splurged on. I already had 2 but this one IS different. Love it so much, love them all!

on 5/14/2016 5:19:00 PM

The perfect palette. I haven't been using any other eye shadows since buying this.
It suits warm skinned girls, who are into neutral makeup. Pinks and Browns and Bronzes? Bring it on :)

on 5/14/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this palette and use it on the regular. The pigmentation is phenomenal and the colours have a beautiful shine to them. They blend into each other seamlessly and last well.
I don't use all of the colours in the palette - my most used are the bronzes in the middle, but I only think I've used the two blue colours once (if that). I would also like a few more mattes as there's only two and I like using mattes for transition shades and blending.

Overall I love the warm bronze tones in this palette and would definitely repurchase and recommend to friends! :) One to invest in for sure!

on 5/12/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the first palette I ever bought and I literally never use it anymore. The pigmentation is amazing, the colors are absolutely beautiful, but what really puts me off is the lack of mattes. I have medium skin so it's hard to get some nice crease action from this palette. There are only 2 matte shades. One doesn't show up in my skin tone and Buck is only good as a transition shade, not if I want to deepen up my crease. I find the shimmery shades a little too shimmery to use in the crease for everyday. I never use it because it's hard to get a full look without pulling in other palettes, so I prefer to stay within my Lorac Pro or Tartelette In Bloom. It's a great palette, but the deeper your skin gets, the harder it is to create a full look from this palette without having to pull in other shades. And the older you get, the more unappealing the shadows look because they are just SO shimmery and too glamorous for work (in my experience anyway). If you have fair skin, the mattes will be just fine for your skin tone. This is definitely not a beginner's palette. For a first palette, I recommend Lorac Pro. Buy this palette only once you know what you really want out of your eyeshadow palettes.

on 5/4/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the colours in the Naked palette, but oh my god the fallout is bad! I have to hold a tissue under my eye when I apply shadow from this palette to try to avoid powder falling all over my cheeks. I have a large collection of loose powder shadows from other brands that don't fallout anywhere near as much as these ones do. It's a total pain and means that I use other brands in preference to this palette more often than not.

If I'd known before I bought this that it would be such a chore to use, I would not have spent the $80AUD that it cost me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this palette for way too long, since it first launched back in 2010. I got the batch where it came with the dual ended 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and Whisky (that is already long used up) instead of the eye brush. It may have taken me 6 years to hit pan on 8 of the 12 colours and it will probably last me another 6 years*.

I distinctly remember how I use to wear this palette when I first got it, my hooded lids would take any dark colour (smog, hustle, dark horse) and I would use a combo of the mattes (naked and buck) to blend out, it was smokey eye that was a bit OTT for school, admittedly. Now I am more focused on naked as an all over lid, buck for crease definition, dark horse or hustle for a hazy lash line, and a pop of sin in the inner corners. The four shades I have yet to hit pan on are virgin, sidecar, creep, and gunmetal - probably because virgin is too stark on my skintone, sidecar is glitter fall out city, creep and gunmetal need a lot of work to make work. I always wear a primer underneath my shadows; even if the UD shadows are usually pretty pigmented, I find they dont last very long without one.

The packaging is flocked velvet that attracts dust and now that I've moved to a humid country, I've had mold grow on the exterior (I brush it off with a vinegar soaked old toothbrush, gross I know). The magnet is strong enough and I've taken this to numerous trips and its held up fine.

Even though I have stood by this eye palette for as long as I have and it is still to this day my most used palette, if I were to lose it, I would rather replace it with MUG eye shadows and include more mattes and fun neutrals (loving the warmer tones, olive golds, and burgundy). Don't get me wrong this a great quality palette to play with but I am barely inspired by it alone, I always want to pull in several shades to finish off a look.

I got this as a gift, back when it was ~$10 CAD cheaper than the current price.

*I spray down my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol at least once a month to kill bacteria

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure