Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/14/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this palette and use it on the regular. The pigmentation is phenomenal and the colours have a beautiful shine to them. They blend into each other seamlessly and last well.
I don't use all of the colours in the palette - my most used are the bronzes in the middle, but I only think I've used the two blue colours once (if that). I would also like a few more mattes as there's only two and I like using mattes for transition shades and blending.

Overall I love the warm bronze tones in this palette and would definitely repurchase and recommend to friends! :) One to invest in for sure!

on 5/12/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the first palette I ever bought and I literally never use it anymore. The pigmentation is amazing, the colors are absolutely beautiful, but what really puts me off is the lack of mattes. I have medium skin so it's hard to get some nice crease action from this palette. There are only 2 matte shades. One doesn't show up in my skin tone and Buck is only good as a transition shade, not if I want to deepen up my crease. I find the shimmery shades a little too shimmery to use in the crease for everyday. I never use it because it's hard to get a full look without pulling in other palettes, so I prefer to stay within my Lorac Pro or Tartelette In Bloom. It's a great palette, but the deeper your skin gets, the harder it is to create a full look from this palette without having to pull in other shades. And the older you get, the more unappealing the shadows look because they are just SO shimmery and too glamorous for work (in my experience anyway). If you have fair skin, the mattes will be just fine for your skin tone. This is definitely not a beginner's palette. For a first palette, I recommend Lorac Pro. Buy this palette only once you know what you really want out of your eyeshadow palettes.

on 5/4/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the colours in the Naked palette, but oh my god the fallout is bad! I have to hold a tissue under my eye when I apply shadow from this palette to try to avoid powder falling all over my cheeks. I have a large collection of loose powder shadows from other brands that don't fallout anywhere near as much as these ones do. It's a total pain and means that I use other brands in preference to this palette more often than not.

If I'd known before I bought this that it would be such a chore to use, I would not have spent the $80AUD that it cost me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this palette for way too long, since it first launched back in 2010. I got the batch where it came with the dual ended 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and Whisky (that is already long used up) instead of the eye brush. It may have taken me 6 years to hit pan on 8 of the 12 colours and it will probably last me another 6 years*.

I distinctly remember how I use to wear this palette when I first got it, my hooded lids would take any dark colour (smog, hustle, dark horse) and I would use a combo of the mattes (naked and buck) to blend out, it was smokey eye that was a bit OTT for school, admittedly. Now I am more focused on naked as an all over lid, buck for crease definition, dark horse or hustle for a hazy lash line, and a pop of sin in the inner corners. The four shades I have yet to hit pan on are virgin, sidecar, creep, and gunmetal - probably because virgin is too stark on my skintone, sidecar is glitter fall out city, creep and gunmetal need a lot of work to make work. I always wear a primer underneath my shadows; even if the UD shadows are usually pretty pigmented, I find they dont last very long without one.

The packaging is flocked velvet that attracts dust and now that I've moved to a humid country, I've had mold grow on the exterior (I brush it off with a vinegar soaked old toothbrush, gross I know). The magnet is strong enough and I've taken this to numerous trips and its held up fine.

Even though I have stood by this eye palette for as long as I have and it is still to this day my most used palette, if I were to lose it, I would rather replace it with MUG eye shadows and include more mattes and fun neutrals (loving the warmer tones, olive golds, and burgundy). Don't get me wrong this a great quality palette to play with but I am barely inspired by it alone, I always want to pull in several shades to finish off a look.

I got this as a gift, back when it was ~$10 CAD cheaper than the current price.

*I spray down my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol at least once a month to kill bacteria

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely everyday colours which are blendable, pigmented and flattering. These eyeshadows don't even crease on me when I'm not wearing primer which is a definite bonus because I can be rushed doing my makeup in the morning and I try to reduce steps wherever possible. The colours also do tend to last on my lids without primer, but just aren't as dramatic.

Packaging is ok and I do like the double ended brush that comes with the palette and that there's a built-in mirror.

It would be good if there was another matte shade. I use the two matte shades 'Buck' and 'Naked' all the time and will definitely use those two colours up before any of the rest. 'Virgin' makes for a great highlighter colour, but use sparingly because it's incredibly shiny! I just usually use a tiny bit in the inner corners of my eyes and really lightly just under my brows as a highlight.

This is a really versatile palette that can be used for everyday or used with the darker colours to create more drama. High quality and would suit virtually everyone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever I have the naked1 & 2 and they are amazing👍

on 4/7/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Of course I have nothing bad to say about this palette - it's perfect EXCEPT I wish it had one or two matte neutral shades like Naked 2-3. The shadows in this are super pigmented, buttery and easy to work with. it's SO versatile and goes with any eye color. I love it.

on 4/23/2016 11:05:00 AM

This product has been out for like ages but i never got down to purchasing it because i couldn't understand what the hype was about. Now i do :)

Pros:
+ very versatile
+ wearable colours, suitable for everyday use
+ great for daytime, nighttime looks
+ extremely pigmented, one swatch is all you need
+ texture is smooth & buttery
+ a little goes a long way
+ very long lasting, esp when you use a primer (i recommend using their primer, i gave a review and is highly raved, my HG now when i wear eyeshadows)

Cons:
- price (considered mid range for me i guess, however you get the quality for the price you get)
- not enough matte, transition shadows

I actually purchased the Naked 3 palette first before buying this, and deciding that this original palette is 100x better. This is NOT to say that naked 3 sucks, the rose gold tones are great and the quality is the same, however i realise i don't use those soft rose gold eyeshadows as much as this.

If you're the neutral colour type and prefer wearing more browns then this is the palette for you, no doubt. I haven't tried naked 2, but based on the swatches i see on reviews alone, i would much prefer this palette a lot more.

I have cool undertones, so the pop of blue in this palette actually suited me a lot more. I like it very much, and would wear it for a girls' night out! The pop of colour, yet its not those loud, vibrant, neon vibe when i wear it.

I do wish that they had a bit more matte shadows as a transition shade. So far this palette only has two, either light taupe brown or a slightly darker brown. The rest of the shades are shimmery. If they had more matte shades i feel that it would be even better to act as transition shades and create more wearable looks. Its the same for the other naked series. 2 &3 only has a few matte shades too.

The price is expensive. However you pay for the quality you get, so i can look past that. I don't think this palette can be used up that fast since the colours are extremely pigmented. And i hope they never discontinue it because it is almost like a staple for every girl's collection. Would definitely repurchase!

If you're new to makeup, get this. You won't be disappointed. If you're very familiar with UD line, then you know this is your HG! Hope this review helps!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loooooove Urban Decay Palettes!!
I have the Naked 1 and Naked 2 palette! However I do with I had bought the Naked 3 instead because I have small eyes and therefore I the brighter colors from the Naked 3 would have suited me better as an everyday palette.
I do love the Naked 1 and 2, however I don't reach for them everyday as I find the Chocolate bar better suited for everyday use!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have all the UD Naked eyeshadow palettes. I am never disappointed with the colors and quality of the shadows. They go on smooth with the UD primer products and last all day.