E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

on 1/15/2016 9:55:00 PM

broke me out and wasn't the best powder that I've tried :\

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

im a drugstore fan. Sometimes amazing things happen at amazing prices!
This was definitely not one....
It oxidised all of my make up 5 seconds after i put it on and turned me orange! I dont have oily skin, so i thought "okay lets clense everything properly" and low and behold, even after cleansing and everything, it took 10 mins to oxidise instead of 5, which is worse if you're leaving the house!!!!! I've tried with primers, without, switched foundations.... Its just awful. AWFUL. Finely milled but still bad.

on 1/11/2016 9:45:00 AM

For the price, it's a pretty good product. It blurs and softens my face after I've put on foundation. The packaging, however, is messy. I've spilt this a few times too many for my liking. It's also leaves a very, very slight white cast if you use too much. Apart from those I've got no complaints.

on 1/10/2016 9:06:00 AM

I really enjoy the transparent shade of this powder.
It's super soft and blurs pores and fine lines, sets concealer and foundation perfectly and makes your skin look and feel silky.
The coloured version was disappointing and washed me out completely, however for the price, if you're looking for a really cheap, yet good quality powder to set your makeup, the transparent version is great.

I do have a problem with the packaging however, the sheer messiness of it puts me off using the product yet i somehow always end up applying it almost everyday.
A high end alternative is the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder.

on 1/5/2016 10:09:00 PM

I bought this powder because I ran out of a mineral powder that was much more expensive. Thinking that this would be an acceptable replacement (forever a cheapskate), I bought this. Terrified of the white powder because say what you will, I'm not a fan of looking like a ghost, I bought "hint of tint". In my mind, I'm picturing a pale nude color. Okay, great. The problem is I can't see the color of the product inside the package before I buy it. Naive me, I buy it anyway. I get home, so excited to try it (ah, the thrill of a new product!), open it up, and it explodes everywhere. I look at the dust that I am now covered in and it is a glaring RED color. Not beige. Not nude. Not yellow. RED. Okay, okay. This must just be a mistake right? In hopes that it would turn out different on my skin, I use a loose powder brush and then buff it in. It looks like I am a burn victim and the only skin graft I could get was from a lobster (skin graft? crustacean shell graft? meh.). Not being one to give up, I put it on the next morning. The least it can do is keep away the oil on my forehead, right? I go to the restroom after my anatomy lab, and either that dissection we did had me sweating balls or the powder just straight up didn't work. Probably both. I might have created this account just to warn others of this product. Okay, also because I'm a makeup and skincare junkie. But I digress. Hint of tint is a no-go.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is literally alright. It does indeed set your makeup and prevent it from moving. But it's not that great when it comes to oil control or preventing creasing, itll keep me matte for a maybe 2 hours tops but then afterwards I have blot and stuff. It doesnt help with creasing at all and I actually feel like anytime I place some on my barely existent laugh lines (that seem to accentuate when I have foundation on) it makes them even more accentuated. So doesnt really help with creasing. It also can feel quite drying on the skin especially in the winter although I have oily skin. Its finely milled but I wouldnt decribe it as soft. I decided after half a year of using it I'm going back to my Innisfree no sebum powder which although doesnt have much product does it's job at keeping me oil free and matte throughout the day and has much more of a silky soft feeling to it. Does not dry me out at all either.

You can read more of my in-depth reviews here: www.pinkivorys.blogspot.com

did absolutely nothing for my skin. just sat on top of it, didn't control oil, didn't do anything at all. didn't really make me look better either, just sat on my skin and made it look powdery and dry even when applied with a light hand.

on 12/14/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

While I don't have the world's driest skin, I have a problem with things looking dry on it. I also need to really set my face considering I wear a lot of sunscreen and then foundation on top.

PROS: It's white. Say what you want, but being pale, I don't want "transparent" powders with a tint. The undertone is off and I don't need something else than can oxidize. White helps keep your foundation the right tone. The powder is finely milled and smooth, almost slippery feeling.

CONS: This is not for dry skin. It looks powdery, even after trying to blend it a lot. I'm not sure if it's my foundation, this powder, or that COSRX moisturizer which isn't working out as well as it did intially in the long run, but my skin is looking dry and cake. This powder is really not helping either, it is really shine free and it keeps it that way for hours (break down is another story). I find matte powders like this only good on my skin when it's bare or has extremely low coverage products, with foundation or anything else it looks really bad. It's easy to overdo this powder.

OTHER: Really blend it. It can leave grains on the face and the puff is comes with can lay it on super heavy unless you really work it into the puff first.

I can't decide between giving it 1 star or two stars.

I was pleasantly shocked by this product. For only $6 I didn't really have high hopes. I just bought this because I needed something to set my liquid foundation. But this stuff applied super soft and sheer and totally blurred any pores or fine lines. I wouldn't recommend this to tanner individuals because I can tell it does do a bit of lightening, but I like it.

on 11/30/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this powder for as long as I can remember, I think this is my 4th or 5th one that I'm using. It is not a sheer product like the name. This product has coverage. It's a light beige color. This is not a very fine translucent powder it will look cakey on the skin if you apply too much. This can get heavy and streaky when you use it with the puff that it comes with. I take the puff out when I get a brand new one. I tap off some of the powder into the lid part. Then I take a regular powder brush and load some powder on it and tap off the excess. I use a light layer of this on my face on top of foundation because if I use too much it can look too pink and it sort of just sits on my skin and looks unnatural. So I've found out that less is more with this powder. It does keep me matte for about 6 hours after that I have to retouch my face. Its ok for the most part it does its job. I'm not a fan of the packaging its way too bulky for the amount you get which is .35oz/10g. Its not very travel friendly its big but its sturdy I'll give it that. It won't spill because it has a screw on lid. If I lost this or ran out I think I would repurchase it. I would recommend this product if you want a powder with some coverage that's not very heavy on the skin. I would recommend to use with a brush because it gives a better finish.