Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 4/23/2017 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing product

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Heed my warning readers, or else you will suffer as I once did...

Be careful when you use this. If you have dry skin stay away. If you are on acne medication, stay. Away. Stay far away. Like, run in the opposite direction when you see this on the display at Sephora, that's how much I mean stay away. It'll make you look so weird and dry.

Also, if you use a high coverage foundation that promises to last all day, stay away unless your face is crazy oily.

For baking purposes, I would say that this is a little too drying for that to be honest, unless you use a light layer and use a damp beauty blender to press it into the skin. For prolonging foundation longevity, it works well to give you a few more hours in my experience.

on 4/19/2017 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG setting powder! I have really oily skin and this sets my under eyes and t-zone nicely. It does however cling onto dry patches, so it might not work on people with dry skin (I could be wrong though). It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it!

on 4/17/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best under eye and t-zone setting powder I have ever come across! I have tried many powders, including the Nyx HD translucent, which gave me a white cast when trying to bake with it! This does NONE of that, it melts into my makeup, eliminates shine without caking. It's super fine, have no color and doesn't mess up my foundation color either. I actually don't have to bake my concealer, just lightly set it with this powder. It's stupid expensive for some powder but it's SO GOOD! I don't have to use a lot with this, so it's going to last me for a long time. Love it!

My HG powder! It may be expensive but it lasts a long time (for me). After finishing my last one, I tried a Clinique loose powder and it was absolutely dreadful. Never again. I returned it and then went back to this powder. It's boss for baking too. All in all, love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder (thankfully in the travel size) about a week ago. At first, I loved the application, it made my skin so matte and flawless looking. But, after even an hour of wear, I began noticing insane amounts of blotching, making my skin look reptile like. I even have oily skin, and it still somehow made my skin look dry, even after exfoliating.
The most disapointing part would be the cystic acne that formed on my face, eapecially on my cheeks. Since the fall, ive been getting my skin significantly cleared up using Obagi products, and it looked flawless before I tried this powder. Now Im broken out again. Ive stopped using it so hopefully my skin will be back to the way it was soon.

This broke me out. For anyone that is sensitive to coconut/coconut derivatives, this has caprylic triglyceride in it so i would avoid it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'll be totally honest- I did not WANT to love this powder. There are certain things I can talk myself into spending extra money on, but powder has never been one of them. Powder's powder, right? Over $40 for any cosmetic excluding a top-of-the-line palette is usually not in my price range, but I had heard so much hype on this particular product, it became the rare exception.

This is a great powder, not a good one, not passable- GREAT. It mattifies without creating a powdery effect on the skin, kept my skin shine-free throughout very long and strenuous workdays, set my undereyes with zero creasing OR cakeyness, provided a tiny bit of additional coverage without turning orange, the list goes on.

I don't like recommending products that are bank-breakers unless I absolutely cannot find a flaw with its application, formula, etc. There are probably two dozen loose powders on the market (including drugstore) that will do just fine and might even be a close dupe for this, but I can't give a genuinely awesome product anything less than five lippies just because it's expensive.

Sigh. I do love this powder and although it's going to be a guilty pleasure, I do see myself repurchasing it because it has made my makeup routine just that much more seamless.

My HG powder. Everytime I use this loose powder my foundation looks flawless. The powder is fine yellow talc (no banana powder, though). I didn't experienced any problems with pictures. No ghost face. I wanted to try the silica version (translucent powder by Laura Mercier) but I experienced that silica powders oxidize my foundations (tried the NYX HD powder). You get alot and it will last a year if used sparingly. I purchased the Secret Brightener by LM because the translucent powder is a no-go for the undereye area. Mine tend to look wrinkly and dry with this powder. But that's not what the powder was intended to be. Pros: - gives a flawless finish - no ghost face on photographs - 29g of powder lasts a long time - normal to dry skin types won't have problems - finish is neither too dry nor to glowy Cons: - price (you know this was coming) - my shine comes through after 4-5 hours in winter (!) - package is not practical for traveling Overall, I will buy this product again because it gives my combination skin a flawless blurred matte finish. The hype is real.

Truly the best product for setting under the eyes. I've tried numerous translucent powders from Chanel, NYC, & recently the RCMA no colour powder (a very good dupe for the LM translucent powder if your on a budget) I purchased the mini size of this from Sephora since so many translucent powders where a major letdown, they where just missing that special something. I like to set my whole face, apart from my undereyes- with pressed powder. Lastly, I use my Sigma tapered highlighter brush to 'bake' under my eyes. The LM powder goes on so soft, yet somehow provides a little bit of extra coverage. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, & dust it off- every time, my undereyes look perfect. Not dry, cakey or any settling into fine lines (I'm 19, but a lot of powders emphasize lines that aren't visible unless product is placed over them) I also don't get any creasing, no matter which concealer I use beforehand. I recently ran out of this, and couldn't be without it & I'm patiently waiting in for it to arrive from Sephora. If you aren't sure, give the travel size a try- it lasted 9 months with pretty much daily use. Love this ♡