MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 3/25/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A replacement for blot powder! I wanted a powder that would not "add" color once I had foundation on. I have the world's biggest pores and a really oily T-zone combined with dry cheeks and had a problem with blot powder making the flakiness stand out, even though it kept me matte. I bought MUFE HD powder on a whim, but ended up returning it and buying Prep + Prime because it was cheaper. I didn't take the whole sticker off the top and just left a few holes open - I hate sifter tops and am prone spilling them. I just dip a regular powder brush to get a little bit on, then swirl it in the lid to distribute it evenly over the brush before putting it on. It keeps me matte all day and makeup goes on smoothly over it.

on 3/24/2011 12:45:00 AM

Beautiful transparent powder. Keeps away oiliness. Great to not add colour to my MAC select spf 15 foundation NW15. Minimizes pores, even though I use my clinique pore perfecter for them, which is also amazing under my foundation. Two thumbs up for this one :D Will definitely repurchase :)

on 3/21/2011 7:07:00 PM

This looks a bit scary in the pot (i.e. bone white), but it goes on lovely. It's very light, and is perfect if you just need something to set your base. More affordable than the similar, more expensive brands (Chanel, Laura Mercier). Have re-purchased several times.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this because of the reviews on MA. Love it. I used to use the MAC blot powder, but this is so much better. Didn't have to touch up once during the day; and I have more oil on my face than a Texas oil gusher. Very impressed; I will for sure buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very finely milled and can be messy if you aren't careful. It's completely translucent and gives makeup an airbrushed look. I normally can't stand products, especially setting powders, that have Mica in them but the mica in this hasn't seemed to have the same effect as it did in other products on me. Because I read reviews about the messiness before I bought it I only pulled half of the sticker off that covers the holes and I think it helps. I haven't traveled with this but I would probably tape up the other holes to keep it from spilling out every where. But as far as performance it is great, does just what it promises, and I also think it has a decent price. Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love. Sets my foundation without looking cakey and doesnt dull or change the finish of whatever foundation I use it over.. Does not look like I have on makeup. With this powder my makeup does not transfer onto my clothing (winter here in NYC, ruined a cream colored scarf with my Studio Tech) or onto my cell phone.

To use and avoid fallout, I turn the container upside down, tap and then turn it back upright. Tap the cover once or twice, then unscrew it and use whatever powder is on the cover. The amount on the cover is enough for my whole face. Using a fluffy face brush, 1 dip on the cover covers one side of my face, and then I swirl the brush in the cover again to pick up the last bit and use it on the other side of my face.

I truly love this! I was really excited to try this because of all the reviews I read. When I first used it with a brush I saw right away that it mattified my face. I use it right after I apply my make up and my skin gets oily maybe half an hour after application. It's such a pain in the butt becaus I'd have to blot maybe every hour and reapply my powder. But! Now that I use this, I don't even need to use those blotting sheets. I found it it works better when I use a mattifying primer underneath it ( I don't wear foundation) than with just bare skin. It's excellent at mattifying and keeping my makeup in place. I'm so glad and I'm so unbelievably amazed! So far it hasn't broke me out yet either :)

on 2/6/2011 12:06:00 PM

I love this product! I wear it over Mac Mineralize Foundation just on my tzone and I have no oil at all anymore!! I've never tried MUFE so I can't compare but this one does the trick

I love this product :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so glad that MUA exists for reasons like this. I am the type of person that always neeeeds to powder my face after I apply foundation, no matter what finish it is. My problem was, no matter how well my foundation matched my skin, any powder I used always made my face orangy or a masky white. And after a while my face would be all cakey and gross. I hated it! Cue MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Powder. The first powder claiming to be transparent that actually is. This stuff will blur your pores, meld all your makeup together, give a beautiful glow. HG. HG. HG!!!!! This stuff is amazing. I definitely hesitated because MAC tends to make me break out. So glad I took the risk! And this stuff is fool proof. A few times I have accidentally put too much on and it blends right out. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! One note, the filter tends to let too much powder out, so I would suggest taping a few of the holes up before using because it gets a bit messy. All in all - I suggest everyone RUN to go get this. Definite keeper in my every day routine.