MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

A very good product which does exactly what it is expected to: stops you from getting oily. I don't have super greasy skin but I do get oilier time to time. The product does its job, and keeps me happy for the whole day.
I use a cotton puff to apply but always tap the access off.
Another advantage is transparency. You don't have to worry about the shade.
The only slight minus is immobility, and it gets messy sometimes too. That's why I am using the pressed version if need to take the power with me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this on my shiny nose and also to mattify shiny lipsticks. I do wish it had some sun protection though - although I could use it to dry up oily sunscreens (oily skin tends to burn more easily). I have luckily chanced upon some non-oily sunscreens so I don't need to use it on the rest of the face. I don't use skin make-up although it's meant to also serve as a setting powder.

It works immediately and doesn't settle into creases or clump like face powder could. It has a very fine silky texture that is visible at first but then easily absorbed in a couple of seconds.

I like the glittery packaging. Don't peel off the entire sticker and you should be fine. I use it quite sparingly.

Someone said here that it gives an ashy cast in photos - it seems possible but I really don't want to even try that out.

on 11/25/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Against my better judgement, I pulled the whole sticky off the sifter instead of just poking holes in it. Now literally half the jar is in the top of the sifter. This is a good setting powder, no flash back, no white cast (if you actually blend it), the only thing I dont like is the price and smell. Smells awful! I have a feeling this will last for a long time, but even if runs out I most likely wont repurchase it.

on 7/19/2012 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I brought this powder because it was getting hot and it didn't something to keep my foundation in place. my nose gets oily within 2 hours of applying foundation. this powder kept my nose matte for about 4 hours which is good for me. it kept the rest of my face looking flawless.

this powder didn't make me look like a i ghost ( i am nc50 girl) like other translucent powder do.

the only problem i have with this foundation is that it cane get a bit messy. but mac now has a pressed powder out. i haven't been able to get my hands on it because it's been sold out my mac for some time now.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this primer!!! That's all I have to say about that. Haha. My skin looks flawless and perfect after I've applied this. The loose powder is a bit messy though. I was so afraid of dropping the product all over my floor the whole time I used it, and one time I actually did but I reacted fast so I could save it. Although I lost some to the floor :( But now when I know that they've done a pressed powder, I will totally buy that!

on 11/21/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just WOW! This is my HG and I promise, that you can't find any better loose powder on the market!

I cannot describe what it does with my skin, but after putting this powder on, my face looks just flawless and healthy. You don't need to put on a lot. Just a tiny little bit and it does what it promises. It minimizes pores and makes the skin very even.

And the best is, that it didn't break me out at all. On the contrary I think that it helps to improve my acne prone skin, because it gives a mat finish, so that your skin gets less oily during the daytime.

This is absolutely the best product from mac that I have ever tried. Would buy it again and again and again and again. I hope they will never change the formula.

on 6/17/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was a happy user of MUFE HD powder for a few years but it was becoming too drying and flaky looking for me so I tried Tarte's Micronized Clay Finishing Powder. Unfortunately, that was drying too yet my oilier areas came through more quickly than I would have thought (as this Tarte powder got decent reviews on Sephora for oilier skins). Also, the Tarte powder did not have the finish I liked that I got with MUFE HD. I believe the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is perfect for my skin--keeps the oil at bay, not overly-drying (no flakies), and provides that lovely 'soft-focus' finish I liked when I used MUFE HD upon it's first application. I like this MAC powder in pressed form too. I am happy and believe my search is over for a finishing powder!

on 7/6/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to get a handle on these types of light loose powders, and this one is no exception. It feels really cool to the touch, and I can see how it smooths the skin when I swatch it, but I can't seem to get a hang of application. I've used all types of brushes - natural, synthetic, duo fibre, fluffy, dense - and invariably they cause a big cloud of flour-like mess and don't make a huge difference in the appearance of my make-up. For me, it's just not worth the messy application and the time spent to apply. I also hate the packaging - there are way too many holes that are way too big, and powder inevitable sifts up during storage, even if I try my best to not turn it upside down. Like I said, it's just not worth the bother for me. I'm trying the pressed version now.

on 7/8/2012 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The powder was really fine that my skin looked super soft and flawless after applying, though this also meant that the powder easily blew off when I opened the casing. The holes in the case were too large compared to the particles that it wastes a lot of the product when I tap the excess powder off my powder brush. It didn't leave a tell-tale white cast on my skin, which was great, but it made my sensitive skin feel a bit itchy. I use this occassionally for my "oily skin days" as I can go up to six hours without needing any oil blotting papers when I use this. I probably won't be buying this since baby powder does a decent job of setting my makeup and controlling the oil without the itchiness and at under a quarter of the price!

on 6/25/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have mixed feelings about this product. I purchased the press powder and must I say, I love the packaging, it has a cute little mirror too. After applying this on my foundation, I set extremely well and left my face feeling amazing and looking flawless. It's so gentle on my skin and it great to wear during the day. Though even with little application of it, it wasn't the best for flash photography as it did indeed leave a white cast on my face which look, as you can tell, pareeety scary. So again it was great on skin, felt great, looked good during the day but when it came to taking photos at night, well that was a different story. Going to try Laura Mercier's or going to try MAC careblend at night.