Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

Korres Silicone-Free Face Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Melissa Officinalis Distillate* (Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water*), Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco- Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil* (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*), Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate, Betaine, Citric Acid, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract*, Honey, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Linalool, Pectin.

on 10/11/2009 5:48:00 AM

I really like this primer. It makes my face feel fresher. I think that is because it contains vitamin e. Also this really helps my foundation go on a lot smoother. However, it does not help my make up's staying power.

on 10/10/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this primer! It is the only primer that I have ever found that does not break me out. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone, skin and my skin loves this primer. This worked just as well as other primers that I have used, like Makeup forever. This does NOT contain silicone, which I LOVE! Silicone give me acne out the yoo-yoo! This stuff keeps my makeup smooth and lovely throughout the day. Simply wonderful. Smells great too, very natural and not strong at all.

on 9/30/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm not a fan of primers because they make me feel really greasy so I thought this didnt have silicones so it would help. I was wrong. This feels really smooth and matte going on, but I had the worst break through shine at the middle of the day. I blotted alot. This actually makes my pores looks visibly larger than usual. I will discontinue the use. I'm a little sad because I thought this was so moisturizing for winter

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Korres Silicone Free Face Primer:

This did absolutely nothing. I couldn't tell the difference with or without. Luckily I didn't spend money on this - I got it as a free sample with an order from Sephora because this would have been a waste of money.

I looked greasy, this did not keep foundation from moving around on my skin and accumulating in and around fine lines and didn't even feel that great.

Who needs an extra step that doesn't work? Not me.

on 9/28/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

probably one of the worst primers i've tried. i just feel like i am putting lotion on my face. does not control oil AT ALL. seems to help my makeup stay on for part of the day. does not make pores look smaller or minimize fine lines. has sort of an odd chemical/citrus smell to it. as far as wanting a "natural" product...oh well nothing beats silicone as far as primers go!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

For reference, I have very sensitive skin, and I also have eczema. I bought a travel sized tube of this for 10 dollars because I figured if it wasn't good, I wasn't losing much. Well, I have to say, this is the only face product I've used that doesn't break me out! As for primer abilities, I wear this underneath powder foundation, concealor and blush daily. I does make it stay from 6:15am-3:00pm, which is about 8-9 hours. So as a primer, it's pretty good, and it's also healthy ingridients. However, it claims to even out skin tone, and minimize pores, but it doesn't. Your face will look the same after application. If you have sensitive skin, and want inexpensive primer, consider this one.

This was a birthday gift and I was surprised how well it worked on my combo skin. I have sampled the Laura Mercier primer, which is completely fragrance free but somehow does not feel as light as the Korres primer. This primer has a pleasant citrusy smell on initial application but it does not linger. It has vitamin E, which is known to be good for the skin, which is a definite plus. I found it funny at first that it advertises on the package what it doesn't have....silicone. Do all primers have silicone? Also, no GMOs, parabens, phthalates and nasty carcinogens. Wow, makeup that is good for you. Anyways, makeup application glides on so perfectly and I do not feel weighed down by this product, it's "natural" and does not cause breakouts.

on 8/26/2009 12:59:00 PM

This moisturizing primer was too moisturizing for my skin and unfortunately made me breakout heavily.

It is creamy and has a great scent but is for those with dry skin or those loose moisture in some way.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first primer EVER. and i like it. ALOT. it kept me matte allll day. which i LOVE! i personally love a matte face and shimmery eyes. so, i did a matte face and shimmery eyes for the club and of course when you're in the club its hot and the drinking doesnt help the situation and blah blah blah. anyway, i got home, looked in the mirror, and saw a perfect face of makeup. none of it budged. none. AND instead of being shiny and disgusting with faded makeup as usual, it looked as if i had just done it. amazing. i couldnt believe it! and, its not greasy or glittery or thick and disgusting or any of that mumbo jumbo like others i tried in the store.
it's just great, i love it.

I never used a primer before because I wasn't too keen on putting silicone all over my face on an everyday basis.
So I got this one when I read it was 100% organic, silicone free but also paraben free, alcohol free, mineral oil free and vegan - among other things. It also contains vitamine E.

I don't know about its brightening/skin improving/moisturizing qualities because I have good skin already (despite the fact that my t-zone is oily) and I use it over my moisturizer. But the primer function, that works great.
Never in my life has my face looked so good 10 hours after applying makeup - I barely need a little powder touch-up on the nose and forehead.

My skin is very sensitive and prone to allergic reactions but I don't have any problem with this. Oh, and it smells great, which is always a bonus. Since you only need a pearl size amount to do the whole face, the tube goes a long way.

I am adopting it!