e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/12/2013 2:40:00 AM

Most used makeup brush every single day. I use this for bronzer and setting powder and it is just perfection. Just the right amount of fluffiness and density. Honestly I've had it for months and never washed it (I know) but it hasn't held any makeup inside of it. Its shed 3 hairs at most and I carry it around in my makeup bag every day. Best $3 brush you could ever find. Just don't complain that it isn't the quality of a Sigma brush when you get it, but the price is so so so worth it.

on 9/18/2013 9:10:00 PM

As a high school student living in south east asia, i have quite a tight budget. I bought this brush in hopes that i would find a good, cheap, brush that i could use to apply my loose powder nicely (i previously bought a 2 dollar brush for the same reason only to be very disappointed with how rough, small, and many other bad things that i found out only after i used the brush and washed it) i bought this brush for 6 dollars (including shipping from a friend) and this brush exeeded my expectations greatly. For a 3 dollar brush, even though it is synthetic, it is very well packed (it included a nice neat plastic brush guard- very useful for future washes and travelling), it had lots of "hair" or in other words it's thick, so it picks up product very well, it has a well designed black handle (like all the other items from the studio collection), it's surprisingly soft & most of all, it doesn't shed or smell weird after i wash it and dry it (unlike other chead brushes here in indonesia). The packaging also came with some tips on what to use it for, so to summarize it all i absolutely love this brush and i would DEFINITELY buy it again (even though i expect this brush to last for quite a long time)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just like others, when I saw ELF brushes, I knew they were cheap and would not be comparable to other high end brushes. But I was WRONG! I decided to feel the brush when I was lingering around Target and I was very surprised! This brush is very comparable to brushes from Sephora, but less than half the price! I really like this brush for powder and blush as well. I will definitely go back and purchase more ELF brushes! Also, ELF is now sold at Walmart.

on 8/13/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a pleasure to use, but gets the job done all right. Looks and feels ordinary at best. Not soft, but not too coarse. Is just a plain black brush. I only use it for blush because I don't wear powder or foundation. Would not repurchase, as I do like my brushes to be as soft as they can be. I much prefer my Ecotools bronzer brush to this one, which is eco-friendly and has a 4.8 rating on MUA. The price is the only area that this wins out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It is great for blush and highlighter. I can carefully build the product up on my face with this brush. Even though it is fantastic, however, I will only give it a four because of the fact that my friend's is two times as dense - maybe denser and was disappointed to discover the one I ordered was not as such.

on 8/8/2013 2:48:00 AM

I have two of these brushes, one I got a while ago and one I just ordered. I don't know if I got a dud or something, but it's useless compared to the old one. The new one has much less bristles compared to the old one, and its much coarser. When I press the bristles, its about half as dense as the old one. Not happy about this. I'm really hoping its just a dud, since i was planning on buying more of these, but the flat top kabuki brush i got the same times was the same. Much less dense than the old one. Disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this brush i use it for bronzer and blush and it works very well. one thing that i dont like about it is the metal part broke so i had to glue it back on but other than that $3 for a great brush is such a steal!

on 7/11/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Before I got my current powder and blush brushes, this was my go-to, multi-use brush! Foundation (mineral loose powder), blush, bronzer, setting/finishing powder, highlighter...it did everything well! Washes great, soft bristles, doesn't shed--and you can't beat the price! I use it now for a backup brush, but seriously you won't regret trying it!

on 7/10/2013 7:51:00 PM

Get this brush! You can't go wrong really, it's great, especially for the price. Super soft, does not shed, fluffy, easy to work with, versitale, cheap. Lovely. I use it for finishing powder and 'all over' bronzer. Can be used for blush/highlight and maybe even contour but I prefer other brushes. Also great for overall blending, if you have your blush, powder, contour, bronzer, highlighting and whatever on, to go all over your face with this one to mix it all in; edges are gone and everything is beautifully blended.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i love this brush! it is so versatile. i use it to lightly apply my face powder to set all my makeup, and then use it for blush and bronzer. it is so soft and fluffy and i love the feeling on my face. it picks up a lot of product and distributes it nicely. it is absolutely perfect for blush, it applies it so nicely. it picks up a lot of product but evenly applies it. i use for for all over bronzer, but not for contouring my cheekbones since it is a little wide. i do blend the contour with this brush though and go over my contour with this brush and my bronzer. it has never shedded on me, and is still as soft as the day that i purchased it! love it!

Popular Makeup Brushes