E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just like others, when I saw ELF brushes, I knew they were cheap and would not be comparable to other high end brushes. But I was WRONG! I decided to feel the brush when I was lingering around Target and I was very surprised! This brush is very comparable to brushes from Sephora, but less than half the price! I really like this brush for powder and blush as well. I will definitely go back and purchase more ELF brushes! Also, ELF is now sold at Walmart.

on 8/13/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a pleasure to use, but gets the job done all right. Looks and feels ordinary at best. Not soft, but not too coarse. Is just a plain black brush. I only use it for blush because I don't wear powder or foundation. Would not repurchase, as I do like my brushes to be as soft as they can be. I much prefer my Ecotools bronzer brush to this one, which is eco-friendly and has a 4.8 rating on MUA. The price is the only area that this wins out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It is great for blush and highlighter. I can carefully build the product up on my face with this brush. Even though it is fantastic, however, I will only give it a four because of the fact that my friend's is two times as dense - maybe denser and was disappointed to discover the one I ordered was not as such.

on 8/8/2013 2:48:00 AM

I have two of these brushes, one I got a while ago and one I just ordered. I don't know if I got a dud or something, but it's useless compared to the old one. The new one has much less bristles compared to the old one, and its much coarser. When I press the bristles, its about half as dense as the old one. Not happy about this. I'm really hoping its just a dud, since i was planning on buying more of these, but the flat top kabuki brush i got the same times was the same. Much less dense than the old one. Disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this brush i use it for bronzer and blush and it works very well. one thing that i dont like about it is the metal part broke so i had to glue it back on but other than that $3 for a great brush is such a steal!

on 7/11/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Before I got my current powder and blush brushes, this was my go-to, multi-use brush! Foundation (mineral loose powder), blush, bronzer, setting/finishing powder, highlighter...it did everything well! Washes great, soft bristles, doesn't shed--and you can't beat the price! I use it now for a backup brush, but seriously you won't regret trying it!

on 7/10/2013 7:51:00 PM

Get this brush! You can't go wrong really, it's great, especially for the price. Super soft, does not shed, fluffy, easy to work with, versitale, cheap. Lovely. I use it for finishing powder and 'all over' bronzer. Can be used for blush/highlight and maybe even contour but I prefer other brushes. Also great for overall blending, if you have your blush, powder, contour, bronzer, highlighting and whatever on, to go all over your face with this one to mix it all in; edges are gone and everything is beautifully blended.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i love this brush! it is so versatile. i use it to lightly apply my face powder to set all my makeup, and then use it for blush and bronzer. it is so soft and fluffy and i love the feeling on my face. it picks up a lot of product and distributes it nicely. it is absolutely perfect for blush, it applies it so nicely. it picks up a lot of product but evenly applies it. i use for for all over bronzer, but not for contouring my cheekbones since it is a little wide. i do blend the contour with this brush though and go over my contour with this brush and my bronzer. it has never shedded on me, and is still as soft as the day that i purchased it! love it!

I have owned this brush for 2 and a half years, and it is still holding up perfectly. It's very fluffy and soft, I use it to blend out my bronzer and blush and it works amazingly, I only have to use a few strokes and I'm good to go. For $3, it's an amazing brush.

on 5/28/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great, versatile brush. I use it mainly for powder foundation or blush. It's very fluffy and is excellent for dispensing powder evenly on your face. Plus it's dirt cheap. What more could you ask for? A great buy!

Popular Makeup Brushes