Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

I love this bronzer! Not only because it smells like chocolate, but it's also one of the only medium/deep bronzers that does not make my fair skin look muddy. I can get away with using this as a contour, and even on the apples of my cheeks without it looking too deep or unnatural. The consistency is super smooth, and it glides on like a dream. There is absolutely no shimmer, which is probably why fair complexions can get away with using it. The staying power I'v noticed is really fantastic - if I contoured with this - I notice my blush ALWAYS fading before this bronzer. Really love this stuff, a must have for the warmer months!

on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM

I was at first hesitant about this, but after using it a few times it has become my favorite contour. I have fairly light skin with a slight yellow undertone (nc15/20) and even though this is intended for medium/deep skin tones, it still works for me! the milk chocolate might be a better match for me, but this still works fine; just remember to use a light hand. The chocolate soleil is very fine and pigmented and smells great. The best part is that the soleil doesn't run red on me like nyxs taupe blush sometimes does (which happens when I wear foundations that lean more yellow).

I have medium/tan skin tone NW35/40 MAC, TAN HONEY in Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay full coverage Foundation. I was excited to purchase this bronzer (in deep) based on great reviews on MakeupAlley, went to Sephora, swatched it, and to my disappointment it looked too ashy, barely any color picked up on my fingers. I had seen a video of a girl well of darker complexion than I am stating she loved it because it gave her a natural shadow when she applied it to her cheeks, so I decided it would be best to try it on directly on the hollows of my cheeks and I was pleasantly surprised! the color is a true brown, no red or orange undertones, matte, not shimmer at all, a natural brown shadow is exactly how I would describe it & and it definitely showed. Furthermore, a little went a looong way, I can see why some people might say it looked muddy, or dirty & its definitely possible if you apply too much, i dabb once quickly with my brush and build up from there because before you know it, you have a natural beautiful tan building up. Nothing like i have tried before. I didn't hescitate to purchase and have been using it on a daily basis since. You can do a strong contour or go very light as an everyday use & have a gorgeous natural tan effect to your skin. The smell is very subtle and it goes away almost immediately once applied & the price.. $30 but I'm sure it will take a long time to go through the entire compact being that it is very pigmented. and it lasts ALL day. Take your favorite brush and test it at Sephora for yourself, you'll be happy you did.

on 4/21/2014 11:58:00 PM

Wow! This bronzer is INCREDIBLE!! I kept staring at myself after I put it on shocked at how real my bronzed skin looks - it really, really looks like I'm tan! I am very fair and this is not too dark on me at all! This just looks totally sun kissed and natural. Also, it goes on so unbelievably smooth for all over coverage that's not streaky or uneven at all! I can't believe how easy this is to apply. I used the Too Faced Flatbuki brush, which is also amazing, and which I also reviewed. And an added bonus: this bronzer actually smells like hershey's kisses! Hands down best bronzer EVER!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I recently got this product because I was in the market for a new bronzer. I have a medium-dark complexion and I think that it shows up pretty well on my skin. Most bronzers don't show up on me but this one does. The only problem is that this doesn't fit my undertone as perfectly as I would've liked. However, I'm not complaining because it gets the job done and it smells great. Worth the $30 though? I'm not too sure about that because I feel like there are better bronzers out there but its good overall.

on 3/24/2014 9:01:00 AM

I absolutely love this! Got it at Sephora, after one of the consultants demonstrated how to contour and highlight! Smell wonderful, but it makes me crave chocolate, lol.

I read many reviews and compare it with benefit halola they sad hallola isvfor olive tones r best and too faced for light skins so I go 2 srphora and buy it after swatch the both really it worth every penny I bought the golden packaging be aware the colour will apper after the third application which give u good control I love it so much

on 2/23/2014 3:15:00 PM

It's overall a great bronzer. A little bit too dark for my NC20 skin but I can still work it out since it blends like a dream. Love the smell and the texture. I'll not buy it again though since i can never finish a bronzer. I will love to try out the milk chocolate version.

on 2/12/2014 7:16:00 PM

This is definitely the best bronzer I had used yet. it's beautifully matte, perfectly neutral and doesn't look orange or red whatsoever. The only, and I mean only, fallback is that it is not as pigmented as I personally prefer. I love a dark contour on my cheekbones, and I find that sometimes I'll have to layer this product to get the depth I want. BUT that is my preference and not a fault of the product, because many people like a more natural contour. Other than that, it is beautiful. Smells amazing of course, stays on until you wash your face, and is the perfect shade for contouring! Love.

on 2/8/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this bronzer. It's the best I've ever owned and I use it every single day. It's one of the products you just can't do without. I was a bit hesitant to get it at first; it's $32 here in Canada, but it is definitely worth it. What first drew me to this bronzer was it's golden brown colour. Other bronzers I find just have too much orange or reddish tones in them to look natural when contouring on the face. This one is perfect. It's super blendable, lasts all day, and is really well pigmented. You don't have to use much of it. I've been using it daily for over a month and have barely made a dent. Not to mention, it has an amazing chocolate scent, which does fade quickly and is a good thing, I guess. Not sure how I'd feel about walking around with my face smelling like chocolate the whole day haha. But bottom line, it's a fantastic bronzer that's well worth it's price and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase it.