Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 6/9/2014 12:15:00 AM

Great for contouring, does not have red undertones. Lovely smell, finely miller. I got mine for free via Sephora's VIB points program, so I have a little sample-sized pan; however I think it's so amazing I'm going to have to buy the full-sized product just in case it gets discontinued!

I love this bronzer! Not only because it smells like chocolate, but it's also one of the only medium/deep bronzers that does not make my fair skin look muddy. I can get away with using this as a contour, and even on the apples of my cheeks without it looking too deep or unnatural. The consistency is super smooth, and it glides on like a dream. There is absolutely no shimmer, which is probably why fair complexions can get away with using it. The staying power I'v noticed is really fantastic - if I contoured with this - I notice my blush ALWAYS fading before this bronzer. Really love this stuff, a must have for the warmer months!

on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM

I was at first hesitant about this, but after using it a few times it has become my favorite contour. I have fairly light skin with a slight yellow undertone (nc15/20) and even though this is intended for medium/deep skin tones, it still works for me! the milk chocolate might be a better match for me, but this still works fine; just remember to use a light hand. The chocolate soleil is very fine and pigmented and smells great. The best part is that the soleil doesn't run red on me like nyxs taupe blush sometimes does (which happens when I wear foundations that lean more yellow).

I have medium/tan skin tone NW35/40 MAC, TAN HONEY in Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay full coverage Foundation. I was excited to purchase this bronzer (in deep) based on great reviews on MakeupAlley, went to Sephora, swatched it, and to my disappointment it looked too ashy, barely any color picked up on my fingers. I had seen a video of a girl well of darker complexion than I am stating she loved it because it gave her a natural shadow when she applied it to her cheeks, so I decided it would be best to try it on directly on the hollows of my cheeks and I was pleasantly surprised! the color is a true brown, no red or orange undertones, matte, not shimmer at all, a natural brown shadow is exactly how I would describe it & and it definitely showed. Furthermore, a little went a looong way, I can see why some people might say it looked muddy, or dirty & its definitely possible if you apply too much, i dabb once quickly with my brush and build up from there because before you know it, you have a natural beautiful tan building up. Nothing like i have tried before. I didn't hescitate to purchase and have been using it on a daily basis since. You can do a strong contour or go very light as an everyday use & have a gorgeous natural tan effect to your skin. The smell is very subtle and it goes away almost immediately once applied & the price.. $30 but I'm sure it will take a long time to go through the entire compact being that it is very pigmented. and it lasts ALL day. Take your favorite brush and test it at Sephora for yourself, you'll be happy you did.

on 4/21/2014 11:58:00 PM

Wow! This bronzer is INCREDIBLE!! I kept staring at myself after I put it on shocked at how real my bronzed skin looks - it really, really looks like I'm tan! I am very fair and this is not too dark on me at all! This just looks totally sun kissed and natural. Also, it goes on so unbelievably smooth for all over coverage that's not streaky or uneven at all! I can't believe how easy this is to apply. I used the Too Faced Flatbuki brush, which is also amazing, and which I also reviewed. And an added bonus: this bronzer actually smells like hershey's kisses! Hands down best bronzer EVER!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Edit:

Ok, so I changed out the lightbulbs over my vanity and it literally shed some new light on my makeup. The old lightbulbs were somehow making this bronzer look red on me, but in real life it is was a warm, chocolatey brown. When applied lightly on my NC25 skin, it looks divine! I add Smashbox highlighter or a pinky blush to the apples of my cheeks and voila, instant healthy glow. I can't believe I let some stupid lightbulbs get in the way of this fantastic product!

I'm giving this product three stars because the product itself is fabulous, but the color just isn't right for my skin. I'm fair but also very yellow and on me this shows up reddish and it isn't flattering at all. I was hoping I could use this as a quick cheek color on minimal makeup days. The texture is great and I love the amount of pigmentation, but this isn't pretty on yellow skin. Back to ulta it goes unfortunately.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I recently got this product because I was in the market for a new bronzer. I have a medium-dark complexion and I think that it shows up pretty well on my skin. Most bronzers don't show up on me but this one does. The only problem is that this doesn't fit my undertone as perfectly as I would've liked. However, I'm not complaining because it gets the job done and it smells great. Worth the $30 though? I'm not too sure about that because I feel like there are better bronzers out there but its good overall.

on 3/24/2014 9:01:00 AM

I absolutely love this! Got it at Sephora, after one of the consultants demonstrated how to contour and highlight! Smell wonderful, but it makes me crave chocolate, lol.

I read many reviews and compare it with benefit halola they sad hallola isvfor olive tones r best and too faced for light skins so I go 2 srphora and buy it after swatch the both really it worth every penny I bought the golden packaging be aware the colour will apper after the third application which give u good control I love it so much

on 2/23/2014 3:15:00 PM

It's overall a great bronzer. A little bit too dark for my NC20 skin but I can still work it out since it blends like a dream. Love the smell and the texture. I'll not buy it again though since i can never finish a bronzer. I will love to try out the milk chocolate version.