Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because of all the hypes ive heard about these CS palettes and everyone seemed to have it so i figured it must be pretty good! When i got this in the mail, I was soooo DISAPPOINTED with the quality! Very cheap quality. Lots of fall out and the colors were not pigmented! Obviously most of the gurus on youtube got this for free and got paid to advertise this. I dnt mind spending on expensive make ups anymore coz its really worth it than buying these crap that doesnt work! Its freakinf chalky and its not even close to be compared to mac e/s!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

i have no idea why people buy this from coastal scents, they charge WAY too much considering it's all over eBay for $10ish, if not less. sure, i had to wait about a week or so to receive it from hong kong, but it was way, way less than CS's prices. anyways. these palettes are okay; for the price i paid, i shouldn't whine too much. some colours are just a chalky mess, some are amazing, it's pretty hit or miss. i hate the packaging, though. it smells weird & if you drop this, chances are a couple shades could shatter. i do like that there is a nice colour range which can make blending/transitioning much easier.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday. It has good highlight colors too. I wear the shadows using milk jumbo pencil underneath.

I got this for Christmas last year. Sooo excited when I got it! Most of the shadows are great. A few of them are chalky, and some of the shades are so similar they are basically the same thing. But that is maybe 4 of them? Love this.

LOVE this palette! The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is so good! I cant wait to buy more coastal scents palettes! Definitely recommend this to everybody!!!!

on 2/15/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm Obsessed with this Palette!!! OMG I've been using it every single day for over a year. Even when I use a different brand of eyeshadow. I always find a way to incorporate a shadow from this palette in my look. I consider myself to be pretty experienced with makeup because I started wearing it in middle school (yup tryna be grown smh) but no matter the level of expertise, everyone should own this! The color pay-off is ridiculously pigmented for $20. I'm a fan of Coastal Scents. I own 3 of their eyeshadow palettes (including the 28 neutrals which is absolutely gorgeous, a staple for work), a blush palette, a concealer palette, and several of their loose glitter powders. Very Satisfied Custy!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i love the color range in this palette. not all the shadows are highly pigmented, ive found that the yellows are kinda junky. my sister has this palette aswell and shes mentioned that the yellow fades really quick for her too. the darker shades are really nice if you like wearing dark shadow. for someone who wants to play with color and try new things id say this is a great choice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this palette. Although the eyeshadows are pigmented they are in return chalky and crazy fallout is the outcome!
The packaging is quite cheap, some of the shadows break and fall.
However it is very useful to test out different looks and colors.
I prefer the 88 shimmer or the bh cosmetics palette

Trying to figure out the rating for it, I couldn't think of what I don't like about this palette. I absolutely LOVE it. I've been buying from Coastal Scents for about a year now, and this was the first product I received as a gift. Just looking at it makes you want to dive in and start experimenting with different looks! Like everyone's said, it's very pigmented. The color you see is the color that will show up, but it's easily blendable. This is one of the most versatile makeup products I own. I use this for highlighting different areas on my face, as well as contouring, I fill my brows with one of the matte brown shades and constantly get compliments on my eyebrows, and I also wet my small, angled brush and use the darker colors as eyeliner, which lasts all day. My friends are always asking me to do their makeup, and when I bust out the 88 palette, they always get so excited to get done-up. Go get yourself one, definitely worth the price!

on 1/9/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought because I was a beginner and I wanted to try a bunch of colors without paying a lot of money. Since then I've tried a bunch of different higher end palettes but I find myself still using this one quite often. It has so many gorgeous colors and even though they sometimes are a bit chalky using the right primer they become long lasting, well pigmented, and easily blendable. I personally used UD Primer potion. I had always wondered about the staying power of these eyeshadows till i put them to the test. Last summer I applied my make up at about 11:30am on a really hot humid day. I went to an outdoor concert where the sun was beating down on me the whole time and I was sweating like a pig. I kept running to the bathroom to see if my eyeshadow had smudged but it never did. I didnt get home till about 3am and my makeup still looked really good considering what it had been through. I was really surprised considering these were "cheap" eyeshadows.