Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is really great - I've tried just about all primers - both high end and drug store and am finding that this one is the best for me. I don't use it all over -even though maybe I should!

I use this on my nose and the pores just around my nose, and my forehead a little...it does a good job of keeping the oilies and shineys away for the day, and smells great, too.

This stuff is very spendy. I'm lucky that I was able to get it in a swap.

I would recc trying to swap for it, or getting samples from Sephora before committing to a whole bottle because it is spendy.

on 4/14/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

oh my god, what ingredients are in this primer?i just use it today in the morning and at night when I wash my face, I have like, 11 new cystic pimples!no products has ever given me such quick horrible results in just, what, 12 hours?I'm so mad I'm not even going to give this product review about the finishing and others. straight to the garbage this product is going to go, not even going to swap or give it to someone else. no, siree...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product has the consistency of moisturizer. It smells great, keeps my makeup form sinking into my pores and it lasts all day. I own this and the green one and I found they don't dry out my skin, yea I don't look oily all over.

I really wanted to like this primer. The major issue I had with it was that I would put it on and by the time I was done smoothing it onto my face it was so dry that my makeup just sat on top of it and never melted into my skin at all. As a result, all my foundation could easily just be wiped away and touching my face at all left me with a "patchy" skintone. Also, it was over-drying to the point my face almost looked chapped. Will not buy again! I found the Laura Mercier primer after this and fell in love!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Definitely HG primer for me. To begin with, I don't have very oily skin, wrinkles or dilated pores and my major issue is the longetivity of the foundation. This is the only primer that helped my liquid foundation to stay longer during the summer. I think it does help to contol oilies, but don't expect this to work as good as a matifying primer.

The texture is a nice non-greasy fluid. Dries on skin quickly. However, this is highly fragranced and luckily it didn't cause skin allergy or whatever.

on 4/2/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried quite a lot of primers already to name a few; Smashbox, Chanel, Philosophy, Guerlain,MAC. none of them really impressed me as much as this one did. I really like this primer. It applies so easy, and is not silicone overload. consistency of a light lotion moisturizer, and is moisturizing enough for my very dry skin without being greasy. it feels silky smooth to the skin. So far it holds my foundation well (I used it under Rimmel 16hr Mineral Enriched Foundation and the result was fantastic! airbrushed skin, like a doll), but then, I used a long lasting foundation. I will try it with other foundations and will update later. I like the scent and the packaging. As per the price I think it is pricey for a 30ml bottle is almost 30euros.

on 3/23/2010 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this at sephora a sample, and i love the smell of this primer, but i dont think it does what it claims. I prefer my smash box primer.

on 3/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Alright product. Didn't blow me away but wasn't a complete fail either. Seems to hold my make-up on for awhile and do a decent job of smoothing pores but no OMG I have to have this, can't believe I ever lived without it factor. It's a nice primer and that's it. And IMO there are a lot of other "nice" primers out there for a whole lot less.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have a travel sized version of this in The Best Of Makeup Forever set. This primer is lotion like consistency that goes on smooth and smells good. Since I have oily skin, I tried it w/out my moisturizer and it worked great! Will repurchase the full size!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a small travel size bottle of this primer, and I have the full size of this primer in the green color (I have also reviewed that if you're interested).

The texture of the MUFE HD primers is a nice one. It's like a very light lotion that sinks right into my skin (combination dry and slightly oily) and goes on evenly. It doesn't have the supernaturally silky smooth feel of some primers, rather it leaves the skin smooth and feeling lightly moisturized and well prepped for makeup application. The primer helps smooth over imperfections a little bit, making makeup go on a bit better over enlarged pores, or dry patches, etc. It has worked well with all the foundations I have tried with it.

I only need a small amount of this primer, about 1/2 a pump to one pump from the big bottle, or about a pea size from the travel-size bottle I have. I use it all over my face, including in the eye area.
If you want to save yourself time, or sheer down a foundation, it also works well to mix the primer with liquid foundation on the back of your hand before applying with a brush.

I like this primer, but I prefer the green one which helps tone down my redness, and I'm interested in trying the blue one, as the green adds a bit of yellow to my complexion that I'm uncertain about. For these reasons I have indicated that I would not buy this primer again, but I would definitely consider buying a MUFE primer of the same formula again.
However, I'm still not 100% happy with this primer, I've recently tried the Hourglass Veil primer (so expensive) and I think I like it more.