Almay smart shade

Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 6/17/2010 3:40:00 AM

I was completely sold by the idea of a "smart shade" concealer. How awesome! I don't even have to worry about mismatched makeup and the dreaded mask! Except I could wear nothing and have practically the same results. I thought it was cool that this goes on white and turns skin-color, but then it just seems to disappear. I think this is a scam. One could easily assume that the concealer is "matching" their skin tone, but I'm not buying it. I think it's just blending in, like lotion. I put it on half of my face and not the other and couldn't see a difference. Almay sucks, and it's really expensive. I won't buy any of their makeup anymore.

I loved the idea of having a concealer that matches perfectly since it's so difficult to match a skin tone. That is the one good feature of this concealer; if blended gently, it matches very well. However, it can easily turn orange and doesn't really provide coverage.

on 5/14/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When using this concealer under the eyes, DO NOT BLEND WITH YOUR FINGERS. It will turn it orange, trust me! I put a blob on my arm thats a lighter shade than my under eyes, blend the color "beads" with a q-tip then apply the product under my eyes with a concealer brush or q-tip, then blend with a sponge or the brush. The coverage isn't that well.

Almay needs to come out with more color choices. I'm not even that tan, and medium is still wayyy too light for me, almost with a gray undertone....

I really like the concept though! Just wish they had more color choice....

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product sucks, and do not put it in your bathroom, or else it will turns bad and start to yellow water in it.

I like the squeeze tube and the coverage, but the color is just off. If I put on a primer it just turns more orange looking, and if I try to build coverage with a little product still on my fingers from the first application it begins to turn orange, also.

on 4/12/2010 8:01:00 PM

This product came with the smart shade makeup when I purchased it and I was really disappointed with both of them. I applied this to the dark circles under my eyes and it only made it look worse when it appeared orange! I don't recommend this to anyone!

on 3/22/2010 10:12:00 AM

Are they kidding when they called this a concealer? I should of visited P'ville first when picking this up! I purchased the light/medium one and it did match my skin great but no coverage what so ever. I mean nothing! It didn't even cover a small pimple. What a waste of money. Why do I even try with this brand anymore? Save your money and do not buy this crap. Only two good qualities with this concealer 1. its non-drying and 2. color match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

On a whim I bought this this weekend hoping to save some $ on some much needed concealer---I have a few red spots here and there from past breakouts that I was hoping I could just cover and touch up with a little powder (ie forgo foundation!).

I am very fair, so I bought the lightest shade. It comes out as a really strange white/clayish color, very light consistency...doesn't work to cover light scarring without packing it on! Is O-K undereye and for light redness (like under the nose and such). Not wowed, more confused and will buck up and go spend the money on something that works.

on 3/6/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I generally associate almay's make up with having hypo allergenic, oil free, and other skin friendly properties, so I thought it would be a good idea to use this concealer for eye makeup.. I bought this product along with the almay bright eyes concealer ( Terrible idea, the consistency is thin and watery when applied and doesn't blend well. The colors available wash my skin out rather than brighten ) on a buy one get one half sale at Rite Aid. I had to return both products because, the smart shade concealer made my skin excessively oily and shiny. These products made me feel dirty -- like the feeling of sweaty skin in the summer and it's WINTER!! I will not buy again. One of my favorite You Tube make up guru's uses mineral power concealer by maybelline and she has gorgeous skin when she's done applying her makeup so I bought it and can't wait to see if I like it!