4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 6/19/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I read so much on the internet about this oil and I can say : It really helped me to thick and grow my eyelashes.
I simply use an old washed out mascara and apply the oil on my eyelashes every night before I go to bed.

I have mixed feelings about Castor Oil. I have used it for eyelash/eyebrow growth, dry areas of skin on my body and also on skin boils. I think it might be the consistency of it, since it is such a thick oil, or maybe my sensitive skin, but I have never been super impressed with it. It does help my eyebrows grow some, but I had to stop using it on my eyelashes, as it kept giving me small acne like bumps on my lids and under eyes, not milia, almost like clogged pores or styes. It didn't seem to make a difference for dry spots on my body, unless I mixed it with other moisturizing ingredients and as far as my skin boils, that was just a nightmare. It made it worse instead of better, but everyone is different. I do not dislike it, but I also do not love it either. I might repurchase in the future if needed, but I will probably just stick to my Jojoba and Coconut Oils instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Castor Oil is one of the thicker oils out there. I used it on the rough skin on my feet, elbows etc but I just find that you really cant use this unless youre going to bed because its just so thick.. I didnt really see much of a difference in the major dry areas of my body so the pros dont weighout the cons enough for me to repurchase it again.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Castor Oil! I add this to my DIY body butters, I use it on my eye lashes and as a night time eye cream and it has done wonders for my eye area (which is really really dry for some reason). I also use it on my hair before washing, and on the ends of my hair when I twist it at night. This product is amazing, its cheap, you can get it from anywhere (currently I just the Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Coconut Oil, love it). I recommend for all types of uses. It is also amazing on scars that you are trying to get rid of. It is also a natural anti-bacterial. I am a woman that completely waxes her nether regions and I apply castor oil at night to keep the skin down there soft and germ free, it absorbs into the skin and it really has helped keep the skin down there clear and bright (darker skinned women sometimes get hyper pigmentation down there).

I had high hopes, but this really did the opposite of growing hair on me. I spent two weeks trying to use this to grow my eyelashes, but eventually i had to accept it was just causing them to fall out without regrowth.
If you want something that really works, but hurts like a mofo if it gets in your eye, try Neem oil. My lashes grew back like crazy in days.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff stings like hell if you get it in your eyes so I haven't been able to use it for eyelash growth but I have used it and loved it on my brows. It feels sticky like honey but once you get past that it's alright.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far so good.
I use this for my lashes and it seems that they are growing and maybe a little thicker.
If anything they are healthier.
It is thick and can be messy but I have mine in a dropper bottle and apply with a mascara wand or just my finger.
I try to use it when I remember.
I does migrate and slides around my area which is moisturizing and makes my skin soft in the morning, I think it may just be helping with my undereye circles and fine lines, it also can get into my eyes sometimes but does not burn or cause irritation just blurriness if I do not go to sleep immediately lol
I cannot use moisturizer around my eyes because it causes puffiness including eye creams but the little bit that slides off my lashes around my eye area seems to be perfect.

I did try this when I was trying out different OCM methods but none worked for my skin and caused me to break out and made me more oily than normal.

Update 12/2016
I decided to give the OCM a try once again to see if I can help my skin recover.
My skin has been breaking out like crazy and now it is a mess.
I wanted to go with something simple and gentle so I figured I would go natural first and see how that does.
I am using 1/2 castor oil and 1/2 olive oil with tea tree and Frankincense for OCM.
I am using 1/3 castor with 2/3 olive oil for a scalp treatment.
I will update if I notice any improvements.

Final results
This did, in fact, help my skin and it started to heal a little.
It did work well for my scalp but you need to wash very well to get this out as it is a very thick consistency. I did find that it softened my skin and healed dry patches very well!
I had a dry patch on my elbow would not go away but I applied this and overnight it was improved drastically. It does feel heavy and sticky at first but it does sink in and absorbs leaving behind moisturized, buttery skin.
I will continue to use it for lashes when I feel like, for my scalp, castor oil packs, and healing my skin but I have found that CeraVe foaming cleanser is what has helped my skin the most and it is just more convenient for me personally.

on 5/14/2015 9:19:00 AM

I have been using castor oil(Heritage brand cold pressed ordered from vitacost.com) and love it. My eyelashes ans eyebrows are fuller. I have used it to get rid of small skin tags. They just fell off! I have also used it to fade sun spots on my face. I have used it on my eyelids to help sleep. It is amazing how fast i went to sleep! Sometimes I used it on my whole face(it is thick) but my face feels amazing soft in the morning and not greasy at all! My daughter has used it on her nose(lots of blackheads) they were gone in 2 nights! This stuff is amazing!!! and CHEAP!

on 5/8/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I purchased this in reading about its effectiveness on hair (particularly lashes and brows) and decided to try it out for myself; safe to say, completely satisfied! I literally had five lower lashes that I would groom like some endangered animals but after applying this almost every night, new lashes grew like sprouts and results, for me, showed in as quick as a week after applying nightly (I even skipped some nights) although two weeks showed a more solid result. I applied to my top lashes also and they grew out noticeably; my friends all saw the results, asked, and I got them on it as well (one of them had pulled out their lashes by accident and it grew them back out)! I also applied to my eye brows and it was definitely just as effective, although it wasn't overwhelmingly bushy which is nice. Also I haven't applied recently (plan on it again) but the results still remain from when I did apply before. And after a night's application, I just wash my face like normal and ta da!

I also tried this for my hair but I didn't see a huge difference in that. I tried two methods: mixing it in with shampoo during shower and applying directly to my scalp and leaving overnight with a shower cap. I must say I couldn't do it enough for leaving it on overnight to see results as it got very messy and felt like my head was suffocating but I did try the shampoo method for a while. It made my hair texture a bit...tough? I didn't like it, nor did I see results enough to continue so I would recommend it definitely for lashes and brows, but not so much in terms of your head hair.

Additionally, I wear glasses/contacts and I recommend you do this before you go to sleep because it will get all over your glasses if your lashes touch the lens, and if I put too much and it went in my eyes, it tended to blur my vision (doesn't hurt at all though and my eyes are quite sensitive). By morning it would get flushed out naturally so I never saw a problem when I woke up.

I was able to find the HomeHealth brand castor oil at the Whole Foods I have access to (although I think brand doesn't matter as much as whether it is cold pressed but I am no expert in that part). I also bought a small droplet bottle from the container store as the packaging for these are not too user-friendly and can get messy if you are using your hands (Q-tips work but the oil is very thick so it takes a bit to absorb into the cotton, and when I'm applying with my fingers, I rub them together to apply heat and make it a bit less thick to apply). Overall, highly recommend, and the price is not bad at all as it lasts forever (could even split a bottle with friends as it uses very little for face)!

*sidenote: I have also used this for mixing to do the oil cleansing method (I mixed with extra virgin olive oil to do once a week) and it worked splendidly though very messy; it seems pretty multifunctional which is a plus.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have lost my front hair an year back and the rest ones are also very thin and getting thinner day by day. Does castor oil help to regrow my hair back? And how to apply it for regrowth?
Thanks.