Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/3/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: The way everyone else seemed to feel about the original, is the way I feel about this one (sans the insanity, but loaded with satisfaction).

Verve & Pistol are my two new faves, getting a lot of action in this wintery time. But even the so called "dupes" for some of the other shades in Naked 1 have much better undertones for my NW20 complexion than the original. Also, this palette has at least 3 great highlight shades that really work on my complexion, unlike Naked 1 that just had that first shadow in the row (Virgin) I could use as a highlight but it looked wrong on my complexion. I feel like a giddy little school girl every time I open this thing up.

P.S - I actually sold my Naked 1 to my friend who is NC20, which is a perfect fit for her. Naked 2 is perfect for me. She is a makeup artist and we were just starring at the palettes noticing how strongly Naked 1 skewed her direction and how strongly Naked 2 skewed mine.

ORIGINAL POST: I have not delved into all the colors fully, but at first glance/play this is much better suited for my NW20 complexion (Black/brown hair, brown eyes) than the first. Many of the colors on the first seemed to muddy up on me (all the ones from the middle to the right). I really could only use about 3 of the colors successfully in the first. These colors (in Naked 2) seem to fit my style / look better. This palette feels less like the shades muddy together to turn a brown color like the first palette would tend to do on me. Yes, still Urban Decay shadows and all that comes with it (good and bad), but bottom line, if you felt like the first Naked was "off" for you, this may be what you wanted.

As for the packaging, way better! No messy velvet to get all dusty and gross. Naked 2 is a hard palette that snaps shut! This bad boy is ready to travel. The two-headed brush is not the best, but will do the job. I know many have scoffed at this one, but for me, this is a much better fit than the first.

Video Reviews & Tutorials